[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
RightYStorm

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by RightYStorm » 11 Nov 2021, 07:24

To add for those who claim it’s not power(I don’t talk about emi ), it’s for sure it’s triggered by power cause if not why wouldn’t it be ok at 3 am or messing with pc cables like unplugging them makeing a difference especially the gpu and mb cable.(plus holding power down with disconnect socket)
It still could be sb controlling us with a rootkit or sth idk but that would be a 0.01 chance.

I told a lot that u can actually see the lag by how the cores act - like if they are balanced or by the kernel times etc. …

So I think the chipset drivers get loaded wrong when booting up cause some caps sram etc. in the board are affected by static. Thats why it’s better when u fresh install windows the drivers are somehow launched correct or are native etc. u also feel huge improvements when u use the 60hz gpu driver

All PCs are the same shit.
Why would windows work for all pros who do 0 tweaking?
I installed and tested so much this year around 3-4K hrs this year and yeah I also can’t sleep but who fckn cares I’m actually not sure if that’s only cause of the brain worrying or if it’s cause of wrong displayed frames etc fucking up ur brain.
I also thought a long time that a delayed service or config could trigger this.
But now it’s so bad I can hear crackles in my audio when I’m in youtube, the Startup sound even crackles, a couple of times I had 2 s YouTube fullscreen lag, even a noisy iso like screen when booting up.
So I can feel it already when starting windows but it gets worse when I tap in a game.
Ame win or Linux, win 7 8, 1909 10 make no difference.
It’s not platform related I have it in the os, in steam, in battlenet etc. but where I don’t feel it as bad is in unreal tournament and gta. (Have 6 steam accounts (2 English to test even got a na keyboard))
To test my different setups with weird things I do, I play each time as many Cs short matches as possible or 128tick where it’s even worse.
The weird things was when I was at a guy also having lags I noticed the delay was worse when he played and when I played it got better but can’t tell if that’s placebo or if it might be triggers by keyboard strokes or mouse liftoff.
Also is Strange that my PS2 mouse doesn’t work ingame in windows it’s fine but as soon as I’m Ingame it stops or I get massive frame drops from 400fps to 30fps more when I do circles it’s constant low.
128tick is horror. Livening in Germany.

wadge

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by wadge » 11 Nov 2021, 08:22

I'm suspicious about chipset driver too... after a fresh install of windows i disabled stuff related to chipset in device manager (ex. Intel(R) Pci Express Root, SMBus, Serial IO and more) and the hits in the game are perfect after that but as soon as you reboot the pc the game feels crap again

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 11 Nov 2021, 08:41

wadge wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 08:22
I'm suspicious about chipset driver too... after a fresh install of windows i disabled stuff related to chipset in device manager (ex. Intel(R) Pci Express Root, SMBus, Serial IO and more) and the hits in the game are perfect after that but as soon as you reboot the pc the game feels crap again
every tweak u will do in bios or windows it will eliminate the dirty electricity for some amount of time it depends on how bas your electricity is, this is the problem we all goes through but u can disable windows update and driver installation and then try again maybe for you it will remain stable bro

wadge

Post by wadge » 11 Nov 2021, 12:14

Plznoinputlag wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 08:41
wadge wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 08:22
every tweak u will do in bios or windows it will eliminate the dirty electricity for some amount of time it depends on how bas your electricity is, this is the problem we all goes through but u can disable windows update and driver installation and then try again maybe for you it will remain stable bro
already did that... didnt help unfortunatly

The last think i wanted to try is a lithium power station but its pretty expensive if you want a good one to run your rig for couple of hours. That way i would be able to completly eliminate dirty electricity factor...

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 11 Nov 2021, 12:40

blackmagic wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 23:36
icygasuu wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 20:16
nyxo100 wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 20:47
icygasuu wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 18:30
Hello. So my problem looks exactly the same as most of those here. It stared in May 2020, then I didn't understand what it could be, since I didn't find the problem in my PC and change 3 ISP's with different ethernet cable's didn't solve anything either. I used 2 VPN but nothing change's. My next step be change new PC, so i do it and you all know what's happened. (Yeah problem was on my new pc too). My mind just blow up. I have problem like ghosting, bad hit registration, mouse feel's sometimes heavy, game's looks like they laggin but it still 150+ fps, it looks like i play on monitor 60hz with 50 fps ( I have 144hz btw), sometime when i click on my mouse to shoot i see stutter like game freeze's. And yeah it's almost impossible to play in the evening, only during the day or at night. When I found forums like this and read that the problem might be electrical, i go with my PC, monitor and mouse (yea mouse) to my brother friend, he live's in 1km from my house and this problem was not there. Idk what to say.

I can guess because of what maybe there is an electrical problem. I live in Moscow and workers right outside our house began to do the reconstruction of the subway in may 2020 i think when it's started. In June 2021 the light went out in our house at one moment, my pc off. After turning on all the electricity in our house, I turned on my pc and started playing and this problem disappeared for me, but after 30 mins everything was back. I used emi filters but it doesn't help me. Idk sometime just wanna cry.
dont change your pc... i change my pc 3 times even tried gaming notebooks and the problem are the same in all PC is a waste of money.
So why gaming notebook doesn’t help? You can unplug the power cord from the outlet.
for me its same here with notebooks. i dont own gaming notebooks that can run new games.

i3 core
920m geforce
8gb ram

that the most powerful notebook that i have right now here...
other notebooks are similar performance. i had in the past a better notebook but its sadly gone and rip.

but even with these notebooks that i have i feel that something is wrong and works literally same bad as my desktop pc's...only the fps is higher on desktops and that only difference that i could feel and see.

and literally no difference if unplug and if run only on battery...the weird feel of input lag, slow, bad performance in games, weird mouse, and feel of bad hitreg etc. all that is same like on my desktop...

that is the point where i too dont believe that a gamer notebook would make something better for me. but was think about to buy one too...

my case of input lag and weird performance is hopeless here...no matter what i tried...i still dont get the logic and dont see a solution.
Your answer is probably right in front of all of your faces lol.

Monitor/Bios/OS/DRAM/peripherals
As long as you have an intel cpu the latency should be relatively good if you properly configure those variables. Intel is much more latency efficient due to its ring design.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 11 Nov 2021, 12:41

blackmagic wrote:
icygasuu wrote:
nyxo100 wrote:
icygasuu wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 18:30
Hello. So my problem looks exactly the same as most of those here. It stared in May 2020, then I didn't understand what it could be, since I didn't find the problem in my PC and change 3 ISP's with different ethernet cable's didn't solve anything either. I used 2 VPN but nothing change's. My next step be change new PC, so i do it and you all know what's happened. (Yeah problem was on my new pc too). My mind just blow up. I have problem like ghosting, bad hit registration, mouse feel's sometimes heavy, game's looks like they laggin but it still 150+ fps, it looks like i play on monitor 60hz with 50 fps ( I have 144hz btw), sometime when i click on my mouse to shoot i see stutter like game freeze's. And yeah it's almost impossible to play in the evening, only during the day or at night. When I found forums like this and read that the problem might be electrical, i go with my PC, monitor and mouse (yea mouse) to my brother friend, he live's in 1km from my house and this problem was not there. Idk what to say.

I can guess because of what maybe there is an electrical problem. I live in Moscow and workers right outside our house began to do the reconstruction of the subway in may 2020 i think when it's started. In June 2021 the light went out in our house at one moment, my pc off. After turning on all the electricity in our house, I turned on my pc and started playing and this problem disappeared for me, but after 30 mins everything was back. I used emi filters but it doesn't help me. Idk sometime just wanna cry.
dont change your pc... i change my pc 3 times even tried gaming notebooks and the problem are the same in all PC is a waste of money.
So why gaming notebook doesn’t help? You can unplug the power cord from the outlet.
for me its same here with notebooks. i dont own gaming notebooks that can run new games.

i3 core
920m geforce
8gb ram

other notebooks are similar performance. i had in the past a better notebook but its sadly gone and rip.

but even with these notebooks that i have i feel that something is wrong and works literally same bad as my desktop pc's...only the fps is higher on desktops and that only difference that i could feel and see.

and literally no difference if unplug and if run only on battery...the weird feel of input lag, slow, bad performance in games, weird mouse, and feel of bad hitreg etc. all that is same like on my desktop...

that is the point where i too dont believe that a gamer notebook would make something better for me. but was think about to buy one too...

my case of input lag and weird performance is hopeless here...no matter what i tried...i still dont get the logic and dont see a solution.
Your answer is probably right in front of all of your faces lol.

Monitor/Bios/OS/DRAM/peripherals
As long as you have an intel cpu the latency should be relatively good if you properly configure those variables. Intel is much more latency efficient due to its ring design.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 11 Nov 2021, 12:42

Mugabi wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 22:39
blackmagic wrote:
icygasuu wrote:
nyxo100 wrote:

i3 core
920m geforce
8gb ram

Yeah there's no fix for this i must say
Of course there’s a fix, you guys just don’t use your brains and instantly jump to conclusions. We’re all thinking it, but I’ll say it like it is.

RightYStorm

Post by RightYStorm » 11 Nov 2021, 21:18

There is a fix it’s not standard mb latency.
Or normal latency
It’s way worse for me it’s more about hitreg u can’t imagine how bad it feels for me on 128tick.

It’s def unplayable on some days, not even pros could play that.
One solution could be buying everything new even mouse and headset so u have a untouched environment.
I’ll buy a second iso transformer and a reactive power compensation, a cheap motherboard and a new psu when that doesn’t help I’ll buy everything completely new.
I didn’t had this problem until 2017-18 and than it suddenly occurred.

agendarsky

Post by agendarsky » 12 Nov 2021, 01:56

RightYStorm wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 21:18
There is a fix it’s not standard mb latency.
Or normal latency
It’s way worse for me it’s more about hitreg u can’t imagine how bad it feels for me on 128tick.

It’s def unplayable on some days, not even pros could play that.
One solution could be buying everything new even mouse and headset so u have a untouched environment.
I’ll buy a second iso transformer and a reactive power compensation, a cheap motherboard and a new psu when that doesn’t help I’ll buy everything completely new.
I didn’t had this problem until 2017-18 and than it suddenly occurred.
never cheap out on motherboard, cheap motherboard = poor vrms which means poor power delivery that will create more interference on vrms and unbalanced power load that can cause vrm to throttle.

RightYStorm

Post by RightYStorm » 12 Nov 2021, 03:14

I had a hero z390 which unfortunately died 2 times (got same again) msrp was 280€ or sth and this one died twice to the static(I call it like this). Your re right on a cheaper board I would be worse or died earlier.
I wonder what asrocks new usb lanes are they claim they made thick and better usb paths through the mb.
So it also happens on high end gaming boards, cpus and GPUs it’s all custom water cooled right now and no temp is not normal.