[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
n1zoo

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by n1zoo » 15 Oct 2021, 14:48

sanklyy wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 09:02
Someone here already tried UPS Pure Sine Wave, can it be a good solution for emi problems?
It won't help. Don't waste money :)

nyxo100

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by nyxo100 » 15 Oct 2021, 17:47

sanklyy wrote:
Someone here already tried UPS Pure Sine Wave, can it be a good solution for emi problems?
i tried one with pure sine wave and all still the same is a waste of money

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 15 Oct 2021, 20:12

nyxo100 wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 17:47
sanklyy wrote:
i tried one with pure sine wave and all still the same is a waste of money
What about furman power conditioner

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 16 Oct 2021, 02:02

What about furman power conditioner
Any filter needs perfect grounding, otherwise they will just be useless. And it doesn't solve the problem anyway.
There is a rumor that Online ups with double conversion solves the problem but, such ubps are expensive and they have to have galvanic isolation and a very good inverter. But, this is just a rumor so don't take it seriously.

wadge

Post by wadge » 16 Oct 2021, 10:37

And what about a portable generator ? that you can use only on battery for few hours ?

cheerful

Post by cheerful » 16 Oct 2021, 15:56

What's up guys. I am 3300 Elo CS:GO player, And I have a lot of trouble with the input lag.

I'm sure my apartment building has electrical problems (Not with my windows settings, hardware, monitor, devices, or internet) because:
1. I have completely overhauled my computer - no results.
2. I have tried different monitors - no result.
3. Of course, my Windows 10 are completely set up by a PRO, which makes settings for teams like Navi and Gambit.
3. I had a very noticeable difference in the game experience offline online (I went to the map with the bots, pulled the cord out of the computer, input lag like that disappeared completely). What I did - changed the provider, as well as held a fiber optic. Moreover, I became the first subscriber in my building (On the roof put a new switch, as well as had a fiber-optic in the apartment), got some pure experiment. And indeed, I already seriously believed that I got rid of this problem forever, but after a while I realized that the problem for some reason returned (Most likely it never went anywhere, the replacement of the Internet gave its fruit, but the result was still far from ideal), and pulling the wire out of the computer no longer gave the same effect.
4. I took my computer to a friend's apartment, his house is the same year of construction as mine, and it seems to play better, there is not the stiffness of the crosshair as at my home, but I think I can achieve an even steeper effect. (The year of construction of my house and his alone is 1970).

What I'm going to do now: Move to a newer built house, at least 2000+ year of building. (Looking to move at some of 2009 or 2014 flats)

In this regard, I ask for help from experienced people - If the problem is really the electricity, and I move to a house where there are no problems with it, can a computer or monitor that has worked for a long time in a corrupted network not get rid of the input lag? That is, do I need to buy a new computer, or should my old one work perfectly? In other words, doesn't the bad network "infect" the computer? Thank you for your reply guys.

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 16 Oct 2021, 18:15

cheerful wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 15:56
What's up guys. I am 3300 Elo CS:GO player, And I have a lot of trouble with the input lag.

I'm sure my apartment building has electrical problems (Not with my windows settings, hardware, monitor, devices, or internet) because:
3. Of course, my Windows 10 are completely set up by a PRO, which makes settings for teams like Navi and Gambit.
3. I had a very noticeable difference in the game experience offline online (I went to the map with the bots, pulled the cord out of the computer, input lag like that disappeared completely). What I did - changed the provider, as well as held a fiber optic. Moreover, I became the first subscriber in my building (On the roof put a new switch, as well as had a fiber-optic in the apartment), got some pure experiment. And indeed, I already seriously believed that I got rid of this problem forever, but after a while I realized that the problem for some reason returned (Most likely it never went anywhere, the replacement of the Internet gave its fruit, but the result was still far from ideal), and pulling the wire out of the computer no longer gave the same effect.
4. I took my computer to a friend's apartment, his house is the same year of construction as mine, and it seems to play better, there is not the stiffness of the crosshair as at my home, but I think I can achieve an even steeper effect. (The year of construction of my house and his alone is 1970).

What I'm going to do now: Move to a newer built house, at least 2000+ year of building. (Looking to move at some of 2009 or 2014 flats)

In this regard, I ask for help from experienced people - If the problem is really the electricity, and I move to a house where there are no problems with it, can a computer or monitor that has worked for a long time in a corrupted network not get rid of the input lag? That is, do I need to buy a new computer, or should my old one work perfectly? In other words, doesn't the bad network "infect" the computer? Thank you for your reply guys.
There are those who claim that after moving with the old computer the problem disappears, but there are those who claim the opposite... So it's random.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 16 Oct 2021, 18:25

cheerful wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 15:56

First you can try AC Leakage Current Meter like Sonel CMP-200. Clamp it on L and N (only) or just GND and check the values. As per handbook it shouldn't be more than 1mA. Remember to make it under load ie. when your PC is on.

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 16 Oct 2021, 19:25

I have recorded a video showing power line noise potentially caused by emi/rfi using the entech power line sniffer on a wall socket (every single one in my house does the same thing). I have also tested using this device in a friends house who lives around 15 km from where i am and the results are identical. Normally, if electricity was completely clean then there would be no readings wouldn't it? I tried using a furman m8x2 power conditioner and the results are also the same.

https://youtube.com/shorts/P0_1AVbVGGI?feature=share

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 16 Oct 2021, 20:32

BigBoi wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 19:25
I have recorded a video showing power line noise potentially caused by emi/rfi using the entech power line sniffer on a wall socket (every single one in my house does the same thing). I have also tested using this device in a friends house who lives around 15 km from where i am and the results are identical. Normally, if electricity was completely clean then there would be no readings wouldn't it? I tried using a furman m8x2 power conditioner and the results are also the same.

https://youtube.com/shorts/P0_1AVbVGGI?feature=share
try through a quality "online ups with double conversion" this will work through an independent power supply. Since good online ups have galvanic isolation.