[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Apr 2022, 00:17

The insulator length on those lines don't generally put it in the six-digit voltages that are often a problem for EMI (Think of those metal lattice-work pylon towers with long ribbed insulators). You should verify multiple causes before focusing on those power lines -- try testing your house and power outlets for ground fault issues first.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Dzekson22

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Dzekson22 » 21 Apr 2022, 16:55

Patrykelele wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 18:40
I have some noticeable delays since 2019, I moved to other place i thought It will be better. I was wrong. Playing games in afternoon is unplayable mouse/keyboard feel unresponsable. Having low stable ping with high speeds +500fps still some delays. I suspected it was internet, but my pings are ok and on offline maps i have more consistant gameplay late nights when everyone is sleeping. It's was big question mark for me untill today. I saw on forum topic about EMI. I find out that I have kind high voltage lines In front of my house. I have my gaming pc in first room to lines, also fiber cabel is directly under these lines. I have new suspect now it can be saturated electrocity lines casue high EMI. I also feel sick to sleep in the room i feel like i can't sleep good. I attached IMG of my house. Tell me guys what u think about that. I have measured the distance beetwen pc and these lines it is about 9m.
you from Poland? check pw

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 23 Apr 2022, 06:48

phpBB [video]

This is a former top 1 ELO player in Russla, after moving he faced an EMI problem.

x7007

Post by x7007 » 23 Apr 2022, 11:20

I just jumping to update on my issue, I fixed it without moving house or anything.

The ones that helped the most are

First I used Ferrites on the HDMI cable from the GPU to the device I was using, I am using 4 Ferrites on one cable. This was clearly changing something as I noticed the mouse cursor having some weird affects after I put it and then it steady up being as it should. affect like mouse is being double but with a really tiny offset of the cloned cursor, couldn't manage to get it on camera at the spot but it's not visible anymore.

The second was disabling DHCP was the biggest affect on mouse smoothing/mouse floating and precision
For AMD it's right in the control panel, for Nvidia you can use NvCleanInstall I think or just registry
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]
"RMHdcpKeyglobZero"=dword:00000001

I had a feeling about HDCP a long time, this could maybe what fixed my issue a long time ago with Nvidia before I did an in-place upgrade and messed it all right back again.

Proof it's not just me
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/disab ... it.442563/
https://youtu.be/ocgGKR10zQo

The Third was the case screw somehow if it was half screwed or fully then it would give me tiny electric shock when trying to screw the case door

These 3 things really helped a lot, it could be some more other things I did, I made a list but I can't figure out exactly what helped the same like these 3.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 23 Apr 2022, 14:47

x7007 wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 11:20
I just jumping to update on my issue, I fixed it without moving house or anything.

First I used Ferrites on the HDMI cable from the GPU to the device I was using, I am using 4 Ferrites on one cable. This was clearly changing something as I noticed the mouse cursor having some weird affects after I put it and then it steady up being as it should. affect like mouse is being double but with a really tiny offset of the cloned cursor, couldn't manage to get it on camera at the spot but it's not visible anymore.

The second was disabling DHCP was the biggest affect on mouse smoothing/mouse floating and precision
For AMD it's right in the control panel, for Nvidia you can use NvCleanInstall I think or just registry
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]

I had a feeling about HDCP a long time, this could maybe what fixed my issue a long time ago with Nvidia before I did an in-place upgrade and messed it all right back again.

Proof it's not just me

The Third was the case screw somehow if it was half screwed or fully then it would give me tiny electric shock when trying to screw the case door

These 3 things really helped a lot, it could be some more other things I did, I made a list but I can't figure out exactly what helped the same like these 3.
If its so easy like u typing there i am fixed atleast 3 years. I think you are isolated case, i swear this things i tried looong time ago and for sure i am not solo who did it.

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 25 Apr 2022, 18:46

Patrykelele wrote:
I have some noticeable delays since 2019, I moved to other place i thought It will be better. I was wrong. Playing games in afternoon is unplayable mouse/keyboard feel unresponsable. Having low stable ping with high speeds +500fps still some delays. I suspected it was internet, but my pings are ok and on offline maps i have more consistant gameplay late nights when everyone is sleeping. It's was big question mark for me untill today. I saw on forum topic about EMI. I find out that I have kind high voltage lines In front of my house. I have my gaming pc in first room to lines, also fiber cabel is directly under these lines. I have new suspect now it can be saturated electrocity lines casue high EMI. I also feel sick to sleep in the room i feel like i can't sleep good. I attached IMG of my house. Tell me guys what u think about that. I have measured the distance beetwen pc and these lines it is about 9m.
cybepine Can u reply here i can't talk in priv
Do you have grounded outlets on your bedroom and computer room? YES
Do you have wireless mouse/keyboard? no
Do you have a AM radio? Do you hear AM stations? I pluged headphones in phone and turn radio so i guess it works
Do you have a smart electric meter? I have no idea
Can i somehow figure out is it internet or EMI
Someone told me that it might be casued by overloaded isp, its better at nights but
in other hand some people say at night they have better online games with lower EMI

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 25 Apr 2022, 19:25

x7007 wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 11:20

Proof it's not just me

I have done put small ferryt on hdmi cable form my mouse and use NvCleanInstall MY desktop cursor feel much better than before
also RMHdcp to 1

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 25 Apr 2022, 19:29

Dzekson22 wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 16:55
Patrykelele wrote:
you from Poland? check pw
I can't talk in priv (blur busters block for new users)
add me on steam if u want
steamcommunity/com/profiles/76561198202187095/

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 25 Apr 2022, 19:57

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 00:17
The insulator length on those lines don't generally put it in the six-digit voltages that are often a problem for EMI (Think of those metal lattice-work pylon towers with long ribbed insulators). You should verify multiple causes before focusing on those power lines -- try testing your house and power outlets for ground fault issues first.
Thank you for clarify
i am not into electrocity. Can u say sth more about "testing your house and power outlets for ground fault" I have no idea how to do it. I know that one time when iron make short circuit in my house whole electrocity went down

sunrisesineast

Post by sunrisesineast » 26 Apr 2022, 02:50

For those whose input lag gets better at night, have you tried with a laptop? Is it different or the same lag?