[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
KingAzar

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by KingAzar » 30 Dec 2022, 23:07

No issue with my PSU Corsair HX850

Idle: 244w

Valorant - Low Graphic Settings: 430w

Valorant - High Graphic Settings: 580w

Cinebench R23 + Heaven 2009: 690w

faiqs

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by faiqs » 31 Dec 2022, 07:32

hi guys,
So i came to this forum today to tell you my misery that I have faced ever since CSGO came out and I first blamed the game and then until two weeks ago kept blaming my internet. I have gigabit fibre in Sydney Australia and its FTTP.
TLDR; two intel gaming PCs, one AMD PC, three different countries, tried 14 ISPs and 12 in last 2 years, 90% FTTP, started with GTX 970 and 6700k and now a 12600K and a 2080Ti. Nothing works. There is lag, game slows down.

But what I have tested today is the most eye opening learning -
The lag occurs in PC, xbox one and the PS5. I cannot believe it is the internet. I no longer do.
For people with potatoes as PCs yes.
But in my case it cannot. There are esports events that happen on PS5s and the PS5 that I have is as laggy as XBOX and my intel i5 12th gen processor.

I am an electrical major. However I never worked with electricity. I am forced to believe now after all this that it is indeed electricity related. Either it is higher frequency or lower, 50hz to 60hz, or the EMI, or simply dirty electricity. Processors are common devices, and they are surely impacted by something we can't see.

I was thinking about getting a UPS for my PC. Does anyone know if the UPS supplies the output via the batteries all the time or does it simply let electricity pass thru ?

dervu

Post by dervu » 31 Dec 2022, 09:56

faiqs wrote:
31 Dec 2022, 07:32
hi guys,
So i came to this forum today to tell you my misery that I have faced ever since CSGO came out and I first blamed the game and then until two weeks ago kept blaming my internet. I have gigabit fibre in Sydney Australia and its FTTP.
TLDR; two intel gaming PCs, one AMD PC, three different countries, tried 14 ISPs and 12 in last 2 years, 90% FTTP, started with GTX 970 and 6700k and now a 12600K and a 2080Ti. Nothing works. There is lag, game slows down.

The lag occurs in PC, xbox one and the PS5. I cannot believe it is the internet. I no longer do.
For people with potatoes as PCs yes.
But in my case it cannot. There are esports events that happen on PS5s and the PS5 that I have is as laggy as XBOX and my intel i5 12th gen processor.

I am an electrical major. However I never worked with electricity. I am forced to believe now after all this that it is indeed electricity related. Either it is higher frequency or lower, 50hz to 60hz, or the EMI, or simply dirty electricity. Processors are common devices, and they are surely impacted by something we can't see.

I was thinking about getting a UPS for my PC. Does anyone know if the UPS supplies the output via the batteries all the time or does it simply let electricity pass thru ?
Regarding UPS.
You can try to charge battery, leave PC and UPS disconnected from grid and from each other for whole night and check next day running only from UPS battery still disconnected from grid.

Did not hear about successful attempt with online UPS (connected to grid - it converts it continuously), that converts from AC to DC and back to AC, which theoretically should get rid of any interference, but practically it does nothing.

Best bet so far is device with isolation and filtering like balanced transformers or solar panels not connected to electric grid or big portable batteries.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 31 Dec 2022, 14:44

UPS - is waste of time and money. They are not build to do a such thing we need. I bet anything that UPS will not help you..
Today you can buy these big battery for boat or camping they are powerfull and can provide power for PC i think for 6h/day then you need to charge it. These cost more than hardcore computers and not many of us willing to spend that money.
Power generator (fuel one they cost like 150USD) will have more clean energy than expensive UPS conected to bad grid. If you can you can try it.

faiqs

Post by faiqs » 31 Dec 2022, 20:48

Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone done a test to check if all the 4G/5G signal noise can cause CPU desync or EMI for that matter ?

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 02 Jan 2023, 05:57

MegaMelmek wrote:
31 Dec 2022, 14:44
UPS - is waste of time and money. They are not build to do a such thing we need. I bet anything that UPS will not help you..
Today you can buy these big battery for boat or camping they are powerfull and can provide power for PC i think for 6h/day then you need to charge it. These cost more than hardcore computers and not many of us willing to spend that money.
Power generator (fuel one they cost like 150USD) will have more clean energy than expensive UPS conected to bad grid. If you can you can try it.
But is this expensive solution will fix it? E

ven people who lower their EMI in-house still struggle with the issue. So basically no matter what we do even using UPS, Conditioner, Filter, and such doesn't help even if people get to ensure that the quality of the electricity is as pure as holy water and still have the issue. In this case we probably not looking at the right thing!

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 02 Jan 2023, 08:49

faiqs wrote:
31 Dec 2022, 20:48
Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone done a test to check if all the 4G/5G signal noise can cause CPU desync or EMI for that matter ?
I was think about it many times. Try to purchase 3g, 4g/5g/gsm WiFi 4,5 jammer

triplese

Post by triplese » 03 Jan 2023, 19:27

faiqs wrote:
Why not? Internet from ISPs side is same (or even deeper) black box as electricity. In electricity you have tools and parameters to measure. In internet you cant do anything, just synthetic speed test and thats all.
However its not 4g/5g, because I had 4g+ way before desync. And no 5g in my country at all.

dervu

Post by dervu » 04 Jan 2023, 06:28

triplese wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 19:27
faiqs wrote:
Why not? Internet from ISPs side is same (or even deeper) black box as electricity. In electricity you have tools and parameters to measure. In internet you cant do anything, just synthetic speed test and thats all.
However its not 4g/5g, because I had 4g+ way before desync. And no 5g in my country at all.
You can check:
- throughput
- ping
- jitter
- bufferbloat
- switching routing using VPN to compare
- check for out of orders packets
- loss
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

faiqs

Post by faiqs » 04 Jan 2023, 07:29

dervu wrote:
04 Jan 2023, 06:28
triplese wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 19:27
faiqs wrote:
You can check:
- throughput
- ping
- jitter
- bufferbloat
- switching routing using VPN to compare
- check for out of orders packets
- loss
Internet ruled out because desync in games is offline on all platforms - xbox, ps, pc