[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Thatweirdinputlag

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 11 Feb 2022, 06:53

assombrosso wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 01:59
EmilioMomento wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 08:15
Hello guys, i read from 1-97 i read everything what you writed. Because i have same problem as you. Chef said TeslaPower might gonna help. DId anyone tried yet? I want to buy Mango Power: Super-Capacity Home Backup Battery But im kinda scared that this one is not gonna help me, i m not rich guy, but i have some extra money and i want to fix this problem so hard, because im Pro Player in Valorant! I was Pro at CS:GO, in 2017 i was top 50 Europe in Faceit With 75 HZ Monitor + 150 FPS In 2018 i buy new CPU+GPU i had i5 i upgraded to i7 8700K +1070TI And + 144 HZ monitor, i start having huge problems, i start feeling instantly when i upgraded that something is not good, i had feeling that my game run slower than usual. I didnt know about InputLag in 2018 because i never had problem with something "slow" or my mouse is not smooth. I had 1.7 KD on Faceit in 2017 + top 50 EU on 75 HZ> 150-200 FPS PC.But when i change my CPU+GPU from i5 and gtx 960TI to i7 8700K + 1070TI + 144 HZ monitor i start having huge problems with my game process. And when i was streaming i was playing literally like shit, i change my playstyle from Agro Killer to Rat. I couldnt kill anyone in 1v1 situation. I had to outplay them so i can get some kills. 4 monts ago i upgraded my pc + 240 hz monitor with hope that i will lose my input lag and can enjoy game. i buy ryzen 9 5900X +3070TI spend around 3-4 k$ +zowie benq xl2546 . first time i was feeling insane fast gamestyle, i was like " holy fuck im so strong, i wanna play and play. after some time, the problem comes back and my game was really slow . i had 500 fps +240 hz but feels was 100 fps with 70 hz monitor maybe even less. i was playing really bad, i was feeling that my reaction time and enemy always better than me, but i know that im so much better than him like how this bot can can be better than me, when i can see that im so much better. So, after some time i start doing reinstall windows, which helps me a lot, every day when i wakeup i go reinstall my windows. And you say what? holy fuck i was dominating everybody. I was dominating literally everybody on server, i was feeling insane, and even sometimes when i had rough start like 0-8 i ended with 30-15 or something like that because i was at high confidence that i have 0 input lag. and after 1 week of doing that i coulnt even play for 1-2 hours. and my input was back. Im kinda deppressed because of that, but im ready to do everything for fixing this lag, because i enjoy playing games, and i love dominating in games, because i know that im really strong player without input lag, but input lag makes u look like a bot.. I m gonna go move to other location soon, and if its not gonna help me im gonna go move to private house. and hopefully its gonna help me. i tried UPS and some stuff, it didnt help me, or maybe it give me affect for 1-2-3 hours. Did anyone fix it? Im about to buy something like Mango Power(but its a lot of money) and i just wonder if someone tried that? And Dont worry guys i feel all of you, and we need to stay together and help each other, try to dont depress its kinda hard, but its not gonna help us. We need to try everything what we can. I will do everything because its my dream, and i know that i can be one of the best in games.But input lag makes me feel bot. but i know that everything can be fixed.
The good ole windows reinstalls, i did over 60 reinstalls so far and everytime it works but only for less than one hour, now its 15 minutes tops. I stopped doing them because its waste of time, i even did windows image reinstall to make it faster but it doesn't give same results as a real windows reinstall. It is very depressing and its a waste of time to play when you have input lag ss badly as i, i become from 2k+ elo player to 1200, people call you bots, even noobs in silver have no issue killing you. Playing with rifle doesn't work, forget about pistols too, only thing that can somewhat work is awp , stopped playing csgo for weeks now and im starting to forget about it. Im planning to buy new pc that might be older than these new ones when i move out for the fourth time (tried 3-4 locations).
Lets see how it goes.
Still trying to figure out why a reinstall works in your case, can I ask you to do some stuff with regedit?
first, assuming you're on windows 10 or 11, find Superfetch and disable it. Also disable Sysmain from services.
Clear paging file on shutdown - Also found in regedit. and disable fast boot "found in power options"
in Bios CPU configuration - Disable Hardware & adjacent line prefetch.

All of those can be found with a simple google search, and are reversible. None of them would cause your PC to crash or not boot-up. Let me know how it goes!
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

n1zoo

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by n1zoo » 11 Feb 2022, 09:05

assombrosso wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 01:59
EmilioMomento wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 08:15
Hello guys, i read from 1-97 i read everything what you writed. Because i have same problem as you. Chef said TeslaPower might gonna help. DId anyone tried yet? I want to buy Mango Power: Super-Capacity Home Backup Battery But im kinda scared that this one is not gonna help me, i m not rich guy, but i have some extra money and i want to fix this problem so hard, because im Pro Player in Valorant! I was Pro at CS:GO, in 2017 i was top 50 Europe in Faceit With 75 HZ Monitor + 150 FPS In 2018 i buy new CPU+GPU i had i5 i upgraded to i7 8700K +1070TI And + 144 HZ monitor, i start having huge problems, i start feeling instantly when i upgraded that something is not good, i had feeling that my game run slower than usual. I didnt know about InputLag in 2018 because i never had problem with something "slow" or my mouse is not smooth. I had 1.7 KD on Faceit in 2017 + top 50 EU on 75 HZ> 150-200 FPS PC.But when i change my CPU+GPU from i5 and gtx 960TI to i7 8700K + 1070TI + 144 HZ monitor i start having huge problems with my game process. And when i was streaming i was playing literally like shit, i change my playstyle from Agro Killer to Rat. I couldnt kill anyone in 1v1 situation. I had to outplay them so i can get some kills. 4 monts ago i upgraded my pc + 240 hz monitor with hope that i will lose my input lag and can enjoy game. i buy ryzen 9 5900X +3070TI spend around 3-4 k$ +zowie benq xl2546 . first time i was feeling insane fast gamestyle, i was like " holy fuck im so strong, i wanna play and play. after some time, the problem comes back and my game was really slow . i had 500 fps +240 hz but feels was 100 fps with 70 hz monitor maybe even less. i was playing really bad, i was feeling that my reaction time and enemy always better than me, but i know that im so much better than him like how this bot can can be better than me, when i can see that im so much better. So, after some time i start doing reinstall windows, which helps me a lot, every day when i wakeup i go reinstall my windows. And you say what? holy fuck i was dominating everybody. I was dominating literally everybody on server, i was feeling insane, and even sometimes when i had rough start like 0-8 i ended with 30-15 or something like that because i was at high confidence that i have 0 input lag. and after 1 week of doing that i coulnt even play for 1-2 hours. and my input was back. Im kinda deppressed because of that, but im ready to do everything for fixing this lag, because i enjoy playing games, and i love dominating in games, because i know that im really strong player without input lag, but input lag makes u look like a bot.. I m gonna go move to other location soon, and if its not gonna help me im gonna go move to private house. and hopefully its gonna help me. i tried UPS and some stuff, it didnt help me, or maybe it give me affect for 1-2-3 hours. Did anyone fix it? Im about to buy something like Mango Power(but its a lot of money) and i just wonder if someone tried that? And Dont worry guys i feel all of you, and we need to stay together and help each other, try to dont depress its kinda hard, but its not gonna help us. We need to try everything what we can. I will do everything because its my dream, and i know that i can be one of the best in games.But input lag makes me feel bot. but i know that everything can be fixed.
The good ole windows reinstalls, i did over 60 reinstalls so far and everytime it works but only for less than one hour, now its 15 minutes tops.
Same. After every windows reinstall I notice a decent input lag reduce. Next day problem comes back.

WelcomeInNewWorld

Post by WelcomeInNewWorld » 11 Feb 2022, 14:19

It's damn incredible that after all this time and these testimonials no one can say what the problem is and how to fix it. There are only theories and suppositions :(

sunrisesineast

Post by sunrisesineast » 12 Feb 2022, 06:01

RightYStorm wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 00:10
I can confirm it it’s different at places some felt good for 2 days after that a slight delay and others are just horrible I visited another guy and the audio and frames looked fine but the delay was massive I’m talking about 1/4 headshots got registered.
And for my own home it got worse each year but every night at 3-4am it’s 50% fixed.
Also my new apartment felt even worse I can’t say if my parts are damaged but it’s strange that it’s gone at night. I thought that I’ll focus on discharging my laptop without battery, run it over a extra dc powersupply so I can set voltage etc. and check with an oszi the current and ripple cause I can confirm this shit is on my lap as well. if there still issues we can atleast exclude lot of things cause creating a clean sin wave is way harder.
Same thing happens to me. It goes away every night at 2-4am WTF. I think it keeps on getting better from 1:30AM. Im not sure when it exactly goes back to beinga bad again. I am in Canada. Where are you located? This is really strange. If you wanna discuss more or troubleshoot we can pm eachother.

sunrisesineast

Post by sunrisesineast » 12 Feb 2022, 06:10

guys we need to get together and solve this problem if we dont want to wait for someone to solve it for us. we can start by collecting data from everyone facing this issue. We can collect everyone's pc specs, location etc and see if there is a correlation with pc parts. We could find the culprit just hiding in the data.

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 12 Feb 2022, 08:00

sunrisesineast wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 06:10
guys we need to get together and solve this problem if we dont want to wait for someone to solve it for us. we can start by collecting data from everyone facing this issue. We can collect everyone's pc specs, location etc and see if there is a correlation with pc parts. We could find the culprit just hiding in the data.
calamity is from canada dude he try like 20 places on canada everywhere was basicly this problem somewhere less somewhere more but prety much everywhere some kinda of this issue

dervu

Post by dervu » 12 Feb 2022, 09:57

I will be doing tests using 1000fps camera and mouse / keyboard emulation using arduino.
For now I am during preparation phase with arduino.
I have to establish proper testing scenarios. At first I will be doing some test runs to make sure everything is working properly.
This way I am ruling out human error by simulating input devices - click, movement is always the same.
First thing is to catch in which scenario there is most difference between good state and bad state.

Scenarios will be probably something like:
(All end to end latency - input to first change on monitor)
(All will be done multiple times - for connecting with different filters, ferrites, isolation transformer, UPS, during different times of day, different days)
- Click latency
- Mouse movement start and stop latency
- Keyboard input together with mouse input
- Online scenarios - peeking - holding angles

It will probably take a lot of time. If I will come across some big differences I will post some single video showing it.
Another thing is doing same tests in confirmed good place.

Some sample for people interested what it can catch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWgxDM-E5dU
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

sunrisesineast

Post by sunrisesineast » 12 Feb 2022, 17:36

I want you guys to try something. Try unplugging your ethernet cable and connect to internet through mobile data by tethering your phone over USB and then test it. For me it was like magic. I felt like a god again(only play VALORANT).

I just discovered this and have to do more research as to why this is happening.

My specs are:

cpu- i3 10100
gpu- 1050ti
mobo- h410m pro-e
ram- gskill ripjaws 2666hz 2x8gb
evga 550w psu.

internet- freedom/shaw coax cable, connected to modem/router they provided. cable is cat6 50ft ethernet cable bought from amazon.

edit:- ok this might sound like i have gone completely mad but i have noticed another thing. My lag also gets MUCH better when my kitchen sink is turned on and water is flowing. Could it be an issue with grounding that runs through the pipes? I have no idea.

edit2:- mouse feels better for sometime after unplugging and plugging again.
Last edited by sunrisesineast on 04 Mar 2022, 04:26, edited 1 time in total.

delve

Post by delve » 14 Feb 2022, 07:19

sunrisesineast wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 17:36
I want you guys to try something. Try unplugging your ethernet cable and connect to internet through mobile data by tethering your phone over USB and then test it. For me it was like magic. I felt like a god again(only play VALORANT).

I just discovered this and have to do more research as to why this is happening.

My specs are:

cpu- i3 10100
gpu- 1050ti
mobo- h410m pro-e
ram- gskill ripjaws 2666hz 2x8gb
evga 550w psu.

internet- freedom/shaw coax cable, connected to modem/router they provided. cable is cat6 50ft ethernet cable bought from amazon.

edit:- ok this might sound like i have gone completely mad but i have noticed another thing. My lag also gets MUCH better when my kitchen sink is turned on and water is flowing. Could it be an issue with grounding that runs through the pipes? I have no idea.
Use "grounding" in the search function here, it was discussed to death. The tldr is grounding has an impact for many of us, but it might not be the sole cause of it. Many tried re-doing the ground work at their houses, a simple ground lift or moving to new appartments with proper grounding and the issue persists.

Also coax unlike copper or fiber internet is connected to the grounding system of your house.

delve

Post by delve » 14 Feb 2022, 09:55

Unixko wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 08:00

calamity is from canada dude he try like 20 places on canada everywhere was basicly this problem somewhere less somewhere more but prety much everywhere some kinda of this issue
what is his problem, desync or input lag? That is quite a sample size, i wonder if he ever tried a new/foreign rig in one of those places.