[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
MontyTheAverage

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by MontyTheAverage » 02 Nov 2022, 15:31

The Blur Buster Fan wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 12:03
MontyTheAverage wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 11:36
30 Oct 2022, 15:31
Hello I have another interesting update which confirms what was already discussed and highlights something likely forgotten along the way.
So basically, I rebooted my ONT after trying to swap routers. Specifically, I switched to a personal router to set it up, but ran into a hassle with the ISP so I reverted back to my ISP's router. This was done while my PC was on. And then the next thing I know, my PC became super fast and smooth after reboot. Files and everything opened very quickly like in an instant. Also, my game became playable again and I enjoyed my temporary winning streak. Assuming that my PC is not infected with a virus, my guess is that the ethernet transmitted dirty electricity from the router but it wasn't as problematic as when some time passes by. It lightened the load on the system essentially. The next bit makes me gravitate toward electricity being the sole issue and not a virus. As my game steadily returned to its unplayable state, it reached a new low I've never seen before. My shots in Overwatch 2 just flat out went through people. They were not partially hittable as before. They were completely ignoring my shots. And around this moment, I heard a gurgling noise coming from the heater next to me. My house heats through the built in gas water heaters, and I think it is interfering with the electricity. I honestly don't know how that works, but I read it more than once in these kinds of forums so I'm calling it out. The moment it gurgled, I could not hit anybody. Not even partially as I normally do with Soldier 76. I suppose the only solution is to separate water, gas, and electricity appropriately. But I bet you a heck ton of housing around the world have this kind of issue. If I lived through this for years without knowing, imagine the bronze and silver stuck players that don't stay on the PC all that long. Sometimes when I play at that comp tier, I just wonder why some of them are missing too many shots. And having run into others with top notch PCs who find their games laggy, this must actually be a very common problem that isn't dealt with at all because of the difficulty in proving it to anyone as well as a complete lack of supply and demand. There is no demand to fix this issue as only a few are aware of this problem. There is no supply as infrastructures that are here to stay like my rented apartment are all too common. This can't be happening...
I have the exact same experince you laid out with resetting/restarting router where my game gets good again without the input lag, desync feel but then it comes back again overtime.
Alright then let's try to see what we have in common and not. Do you use replay or streaming software like Nvidia Shadowplay? Is your housing old like mine? Mine is built in the 80s with a questionable, outdated looking outlets. Some don't even have the grounding holes. Some are dead and can't power anything.

New info to share. I found out that plugging into a different hole in the outlet makes the sound volume louder without changing it. Basically, my headphone sound level was 40 and then I noticed it was too loud while playing games and so I reduced it to 35. Then retrying the old hole, I had to raise it back up.

Fun note to share. There are many who believe in chi, and according to some near death experiences, people have different levels and frequencies of energies. Those that came back from near death especially have altered frequencies that interfere with electronics. With that said, good luck.
Have already tried multiple PCs desktops and laptops with different good gaming specs. I have Nvidia Geforce Experience. Pressing record sometimes makes the game smoother and hitreg better few mins. A usb ground loop isolator also made my issues better inconsistently but stops working overtime. Our house was built in s so pretty old with also lot of ungrounded outlets but my PC outlet is grounded but no difference. Also I took my laptop different places and problem still stays there so either it corrupts the devices forever or if it comes from outlets, probably have to clean out battery/reset windows/cmos battery before trying at different places.

assombrosso

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by assombrosso » 03 Nov 2022, 10:18

MontyTheAverage wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 15:31
01 Nov 2022, 12:03
MontyTheAverage wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 11:36
30 Oct 2022, 15:31
Hello I have another interesting update which confirms what was already discussed and highlights something likely forgotten along the way.
So basically, I rebooted my ONT after trying to swap routers. Specifically, I switched to a personal router to set it up, but ran into a hassle with the ISP so I reverted back to my ISP's router. This was done while my PC was on. And then the next thing I know, my PC became super fast and smooth after reboot. Files and everything opened very quickly like in an instant. Also, my game became playable again and I enjoyed my temporary winning streak. Assuming that my PC is not infected with a virus, my guess is that the ethernet transmitted dirty electricity from the router but it wasn't as problematic as when some time passes by. It lightened the load on the system essentially. The next bit makes me gravitate toward electricity being the sole issue and not a virus. As my game steadily returned to its unplayable state, it reached a new low I've never seen before. My shots in Overwatch 2 just flat out went through people. They were not partially hittable as before. They were completely ignoring my shots. And around this moment, I heard a gurgling noise coming from the heater next to me. My house heats through the built in gas water heaters, and I think it is interfering with the electricity. I honestly don't know how that works, but I read it more than once in these kinds of forums so I'm calling it out. The moment it gurgled, I could not hit anybody. Not even partially as I normally do with Soldier 76. I suppose the only solution is to separate water, gas, and electricity appropriately. But I bet you a heck ton of housing around the world have this kind of issue. If I lived through this for years without knowing, imagine the bronze and silver stuck players that don't stay on the PC all that long. Sometimes when I play at that comp tier, I just wonder why some of them are missing too many shots. And having run into others with top notch PCs who find their games laggy, this must actually be a very common problem that isn't dealt with at all because of the difficulty in proving it to anyone as well as a complete lack of supply and demand. There is no demand to fix this issue as only a few are aware of this problem. There is no supply as infrastructures that are here to stay like my rented apartment are all too common. This can't be happening...
I have the exact same experince you laid out with resetting/restarting router where my game gets good again without the input lag, desync feel but then it comes back again overtime.
Alright then let's try to see what we have in common and not. Do you use replay or streaming software like Nvidia Shadowplay? Is your housing old like mine? Mine is built in the 80s with a questionable, outdated looking outlets. Some don't even have the grounding holes. Some are dead and can't power anything.

New info to share. I found out that plugging into a different hole in the outlet makes the sound volume louder without changing it. Basically, my headphone sound level was 40 and then I noticed it was too loud while playing games and so I reduced it to 35. Then retrying the old hole, I had to raise it back up.

Fun note to share. There are many who believe in chi, and according to some near death experiences, people have different levels and frequencies of energies. Those that came back from near death especially have altered frequencies that interfere with electronics. With that said, good luck.
Have already tried multiple PCs desktops and laptops with different good gaming specs. I have Nvidia Geforce Experience. Pressing record sometimes makes the game smoother and hitreg better few mins. A usb ground loop isolator also made my issues better inconsistently but stops working overtime. Our house was built in s so pretty old with also lot of ungrounded outlets but my PC outlet is grounded but no difference. Also I took my laptop different places and problem still stays there so either it corrupts the devices forever or if it comes from outlets, probably have to clean out battery/reset windows/cmos battery before trying at different places.
It’s your entire city I believe, it’s a combination of electricity and internet issues that cause this.
Unfixable with same city

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 03 Nov 2022, 15:00

when this people gonna realize that i dont get it
fight through the pain of suffer if you want to achiev something
or give up guys
there is only 2 options
forget about all this non sense which pro players doesnt even think about that
change your mindset and you will change your perception and you will get fixed eventually its take some time ofc

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 03 Nov 2022, 17:22

Unixko wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 15:00
or give up guys
there is only 2 options
change your mindset and you will change your perception and you will get fixed eventually its take some time ofc
who?

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 04 Nov 2022, 05:17

Unixko wrote:
or give up guys
there is only 2 options
what?

dervu

Post by dervu » 04 Nov 2022, 10:35

n1zoo wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 05:17
Unixko wrote:
or give up guys
there is only 2 options
what?
He believes it's not real issue, but in your head.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

texre

Post by texre » 06 Nov 2022, 12:09

It’s not in our head bro lol I legit fixed my issue going off grid. Everytime I try to play on grid it’s terrible. It’s not in our head.

The Blur Buster Fan

Post by The Blur Buster Fan » 06 Nov 2022, 21:32

texre wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 12:09
It’s not in our head bro lol I legit fixed my issue going off grid. Everytime I try to play on grid it’s terrible. It’s not in our head.
By grid, do you mean offline? I have noticed my system became smoother with offline activities like file opening, after using VPN and resetting modems. I'm thinking this may actually be a combination of a hidden virus (potent ones like government level spywares) and infrastructure that is sensitive in regards to electricity.

Interesting changes to note in my gameplay after using Spectrum and Verizon: Verizon allows smooth motions in Overwatch 2 but shots go straight through. Spectrum on the other hand starts out smooth at first but quickly reverts to choppy motions but all around better hit registration when using auto fire weapons.

Another finding. At this point, it's just human nature to deny any of this is real. People in my life as well as some online chimers think that it's all in our head. They insist on doing this for two reasons. They love to put others down and want to believe that you suck at your games or they do not want to solve the problem because they are simply not capable.

fatehasfans

Post by fatehasfans » 12 Dec 2022, 18:57

Oh it's definitely real. I've had the same issue now for about 5 years, maybe more. New hardware doesn't solve it, changing drivers doesn't. Different windows doesn't change things. Windows optimization doesn't change anything, nor does fiddling with graphic settings or fixing frame rate or screen ress, and as I mentioned with hardware that includes monitors. I've bought 3 now.

What I want to do is build an old spec computer with windows 7, not connect it to the internet and just straight test one of my games, I want to buy all new parts but old parts, esp new parts cost a lot of money now and that's my problem I just don't have the money right now.

The only other problem I can think of is electricity somehow or something along those lines - I also do think there is some bloatware that windows embeds into your system - given how precious data harvesting is these days I wouldn't put it past Microsoft.

Other than that I'm out of ideas.

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 28 Dec 2022, 01:24

I just wanted to add my point of view here.

When I was a pro player (CS1.6) I still remember our team configs, Pentium 4 running at 3Ghz with 8GB Ram (OCZ) and Geforce 4 and mouse was the Logitech MX300. We had an aluminum case where sometimes we get shocked when we touch certain parts but otherwise I can remember input lag-wise, we did not have any issues.

I haven't played FPS for years and I started to play Valorant since the beta, today I'm 36, and Ascendant is 3 in rank. In the beginning, I had an i7 8086k, 16GB Ram, 1080ti, 1 SSD, and 4 HDD, Full of RGB, and my connection Cable (coax) was 900 down and 100 up. I did not have a floaty mouse issue but more like how to find my CS resolution but I never found a real fix to it and I got used to it. The issues that I had were
- I am unable to peek angles, no matter how is my approach, even if I Ferrari peek style the enemy will shoot me as soon as I see a pixel of their shoulder.
- I am unable to hold angles, well if peeking is already a battle for me, holding is just game over, even a Bronze player will treat me like it was a mistake for me to play this game.
I tried to change the modem, cable type, and cable length, and add more speed to my internet by upgrading my subscription with ISP but nothing helped.

I noticed that in my duo when he plays, he has time to peek and adjust the crosshair on his head and shoot and he is freaking SLOW! 1v1 custom game he can't even beat me in a face-to-face fight. Then I realized he had AMD CPU and I was like it's probably time to change hardware.

I got a new PC, 5950x, Asus X570 Hero, 32 Gb Ram, PSU Corsair HX850 and RTX3090, and I did remember right after installing windows, I did not even when to install any drivers (well Windows did auto-install NVidia driver), jump in Valorant range and that feeling when you click and you insta hit the bot and went to DM, the game was fast, did wake up my brain, peek was legendary I was 40 kills while the second person was at 19 and he was Immortal3. Then installed all drivers (Audio, AMD Chipset, Nvidia Drivers) and the issue came back! I thought it was my connection for sure so I decided to move where a Fibre connection is available.

I did move and my ping in Valorant is even better but still feel like crap! and now I have a floaty mouse! on my 2 gaming mice!

My questions are, do you think all the RGB on my fans, ram, AIO, and GPU could cause this?
I thought my HDD could be the cause by removing all of them but the issue is still the same.
Do you think the water pump on AIOs could be a culprit?

I haven't done any electric testing yet, my next goal is to get an EMI meter and see what I get. Does lowering EMI from house electricity should help, if not then where the heck is this coming from? Must be inside the PC itself or Windows!