Weird input lag at day time only

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
TN_fun

Re: Weird input lag at day time only

Post by TN_fun » 14 Nov 2021, 13:42

Corrected. It was a translator. Meant "input lag"

Rallaz

Post by Rallaz » 09 Dec 2021, 06:36

Blu wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 10:57
Rallaz wrote: ↑
13 Sep 2021, 15:04
GamingPrZ7 wrote: ↑
27 Apr 2021, 17:31
Hey Everyone! Rallaz is your issue fixed?
I would say it some minor "tweaks" left just read in another post the most recent one going on that it may some sort of Harmonic Distortion I'll have some one look in to that.

Most of my issues was power related
I live in Sweden.
Hey Rallaz, I've read a few posts on here but this one in particular describes my exact problem, I've had this problem aswell where I experience fast and quick-responsive gameplay in Rocket League early in the morning (8-9am) and late at night. But during the middle of the day the game feels slower and less responsive, more input lag/the physics of the game just feels slower, everything feels slower. It's been like this for me ever since I started playing rl, and I've had the problem with 3 different PC's, and my newest PC I've tried in 2 different locations, 2 different cities, still the same exact problem. I heard you live in Sweden and so do I, I was wondering if there is any way I can contact you about this in a personal message (I can't pm on this website). Just to hear more about if you managed to fix the problem and if so - how, I heard it was power related and thats what im starting to think aswell, but more indepth of exactly how you fixed it - if you did. If you have discord I would really appriciate if you could just take a few minutes talking me through this whole situation, would be really appricaited. Anyways, my discord is: Blu#4980 if you want to add me. :)
I found not a "fix" towards the problem but rather a "counter-method" by blocking EMI/EMF/RFI signals to reach my monitor and powercables "weakspots".

What do I mean by this? Well as most of us know so far regarding this problem, the input can change if we move a monitor or powercable around a little its like "gone" for 1-2 minutes and slowly creeps back in towards the slow input delay.

What I've done is isolating the "spots" I tried from my perspective, backside of my monitor seems to be a weakspot in my place and on my powercables for monitor and pc I tried certain spots on the cables folding them in "Faraday" shielding material.

Its like a "fixed" state but some days I've to "adjust" the angle points of it for it to be perfect again.

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 09 Dec 2021, 08:04

09 Dec 2021, 06:36
Blu wrote: ↑
10 Nov 2021, 10:57
13 Sep 2021, 15:04
GamingPrZ7 wrote: ↑
27 Apr 2021, 17:31
Hey Everyone! Rallaz is your issue fixed?
I would say it some minor "tweaks" left just read in another post the most recent one going on that it may some sort of Harmonic Distortion I'll have some one look in to that.

Most of my issues was power related
I live in Sweden.
Hey Rallaz, I've read a few posts on here but this one in particular describes my exact problem, I've had this problem aswell where I experience fast and quick-responsive gameplay in Rocket League early in the morning (8-9am) and late at night. But during the middle of the day the game feels slower and less responsive, more input lag/the physics of the game just feels slower, everything feels slower. It's been like this for me ever since I started playing rl, and I've had the problem with 3 different PC's, and my newest PC I've tried in 2 different locations, 2 different cities, still the same exact problem. I heard you live in Sweden and so do I, I was wondering if there is any way I can contact you about this in a personal message (I can't pm on this website). Just to hear more about if you managed to fix the problem and if so - how, I heard it was power related and thats what im starting to think aswell, but more indepth of exactly how you fixed it - if you did. If you have discord I would really appriciate if you could just take a few minutes talking me through this whole situation, would be really appricaited. Anyways, my discord is: Blu#4980 if you want to add me. :)
I found not a "fix" towards the problem but rather a "counter-method" by blocking EMI/EMF/RFI signals to reach my monitor and powercables "weakspots".

What do I mean by this? Well as most of us know so far regarding this problem, the input can change if we move a monitor or powercable around a little its like "gone" for 1-2 minutes and slowly creeps back in towards the slow input delay.

What I've done is isolating the "spots" I tried from my perspective, backside of my monitor seems to be a weakspot in my place and on my powercables for monitor and pc I tried certain spots on the cables folding them in "Faraday" shielding material.

Its like a "fixed" state but some days I've to "adjust" the angle points of it for it to be perfect again.

I have the same problem as u, Day time pc is sluggish, Night time pc is smooth. I’m forced
To play at night basically.

I have tips that maybe help u. Didn’t worked for me, but β€œstabilized” it more.

1. Get the pc from the floor and wall. Let the monitor dont touch the wall also.

2. Separate cables from eachother. Even mouse and keyboard cables. Dont let it touch the wall

3. Plug the monitor into a other outlet. Same goes for pc. Dont plug both into the same outlet.

4. Enable spreadspectrum, however disabling it for me was smoother? lol, weird.

5. Call a electrician and explain your situation, but u already did that, probably?

6. Check your outlet maybe its loose? Could cause stability issues

7. (Not emi related but i still recommend u to do this) Plug the mouse cable in a usb 2.0 port, should be the closest to your cpu. Plug the keyboard in the lowest 3.1/3.2 usb port.

wadge

Post by wadge » 09 Dec 2021, 09:25

Couldn't this also due to congestionned network ? Obviously at 3.00 am there is lot less people connected than during day time... :roll:

Rallaz

Post by Rallaz » 09 Dec 2021, 09:58

wadge wrote: ↑
09 Dec 2021, 09:25
Couldn't this also due to congestionned network ? Obviously at 3.00 am there is lot less people connected than during day time... :roll:
As mentioned many times before. Doesn't matter if Ethernet is connected or not. Changes either way because of EMI/EMF/RFI

dervu

Post by dervu » 09 Dec 2021, 11:58

Think about what devices are common use in what time in your area/building.
If it was just power usage, then it would happen everywhere.
It might be only somehow related to power usage.
It is more probable some bad device is used more in this time that power usage is high, so both patterns of power usage and device usage merge together.
I will give you my example with elevator in building, that I suspect is cause of interference being source of this problem in my place.
I checked patterns of elevator usage frequency in internet. It all aligns with it being better at night.
Look for most powerful device, most used device, device that is close enough, this device usage should be matching patterns that you observe.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

ATM

Post by ATM » 25 Aug 2022, 02:41

09 Dec 2021, 09:58
As mentioned many times before. Doesn't matter if Ethernet is connected or not. Changes either way because of EMI/EMF/RFI
Hi all,

I have around 9k hours on my record as of today and as someone that loves the game for what it is. It has a major flaw which has been very noticeable since I got some experience with the game.
I got invested around 2016 when I started my own personal journey with this game. After about one to one year later I started noticing the inconsistency's.
Of course I at first doubted myself seeing all the different opinions regarding the subject.
I also wasn't sure at this point but the more I played, the more it became apparent it was and still is a very real thing.

I have been scouring the net for years on out to find any and all solutions that anyone experiencing the same may have come across. Read hundreds of post on different forums, with people experiencing the same thing while others denying it's complete existence.
I also tried contacting the first time in 2019 Psyonix regarding the issue.
At first they weren't really receptive and there wasn't really any acknowledgement on their side regarding this issue. Basically getting the same response to try slo-mo or just resetting the router, deleting (cloud) saves, editing files, changing priority's and all that.

These and all other solutions they gave sometimes fixed the "bug" for a while but after some time it always came back and it didn't seem like the same solution would work consistently either.

So in as short I can tell the tale, this is my experience with it and findings:
It might seem a bit strange to ya'll but maybe some of you might recognize what i'm saying

Anyway, I found that there are multiple states of the game.

- The first being the Heavy Car Bug at its peak.
The car's turning on the ground and the air feeling terribly off, making the car uncontrollable at a competitive level.
where the touches of the ball don't move as far, like it sticks to the car/ground a lot more like it has more weight to it.
- Then the second being a lot more controllable and precise qua touches and general car control. Being able to do most mechanics normally and the ball feeling a bit more bouncy/lighter.
- Then the third where I can describe it best as the car being on ice. It's a lot more fluid state of a game. The car seems to move far more easily. everything air related becomes a lot easier and so does turning on the ground.
The ball seems a lot bouncier (overly bouncy actually) and at it's lightest.
- There is a fourth which occurs every red moon, where the ball is light, sticks to the car and isn't overly bouncy and everything just happens as you would think it should.

There even may be more to it, and even tho I understand that this sounds crazy to begin with I was sure to provide Psyonix with all of my findings and logs to settle this and begin an attempt to fix the game for me and many others.

This is the TLDR if you are not that interested in reading all that:

So about 3 months ago I decided to contact Psyonix again and they acknowledged knowing the HCB and confirming it's existence.
Telling me they have many reports regarding the issue, but still after all these years no fix whatsoever. only temperaroly fixes supplied by mostly the community itself.

Yes offline is effected. It also happens in all other games that I play (Warzone/Battlefield) Same problem just different game. Also very confident I feel it while typing and moving my mouse across the desktop.
So yea I'm guessing it's a system wide issue and it doesn't matter if i'm connected to the ethernet either.

Besides that I have moved 5 times in these past 6 years. All different ISP's and the problem was always there. So that makes me also pretty confident that it isn't network related.
At this point i'm also thinking EMI/RFI noise.

If you could let me know if you found any other info, It would be much appreciated.
Last edited by ATM on 26 Aug 2022, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

Rallaz

Post by Rallaz » 26 Aug 2022, 07:35

ATM wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 02:41
09 Dec 2021, 09:58
Hi all,

First off it's been a while since I tried contacting Halfwaydead.
Mostly because he kinda denied the existence of the HCB (INPUT LATENCY VARIANCE), but then again so have many others.

I have around 9k hours on my record as of today and as someone that loves the game for what it is. It has a major flaw which has been very noticeable since I got some experience with the game.
I got invested around 2016 when I started my own personal journey with this game. After about one to one year later I started noticing the inconsistency's.
Of course I at first doubted myself seeing all the different opinions regarding the subject.
I also wasn't sure at this point but the more I played, the more it became apparent it was and still is a very real thing.

I have been scouring the net for years on out to find any and all solutions that anyone experiencing the same may have come across. Read hundreds of post on different forums, with people experiencing the same thing while others denying it's complete existence.
I also tried contacting the first time in 2019 Psyonix regarding the issue.
At first they weren't really receptive and there wasn't really any acknowledgement on their side regarding this issue. Basically getting the same response to try slo-mo or just resetting the router, deleting (cloud) saves, editing files, changing priority's and all that.

These and all other solutions they gave sometimes fixed the "bug" for a while but after some time it always came back and it didn't seem like the same solution would work consistently either.

So in as short I can tell the tale, this is my experience with it and findings:
It might seem a bit strange to ya'll but maybe some of you might recognize what i'm saying

Anyway, I found that there are multiple states of the game.

- The first being the Heavy Car Bug at its peak.
The car's turning on the ground and the air feeling terribly off, making the car uncontrollable at a competitive level.
where the touches of the ball don't move as far, like it sticks to the car/ground a lot more like it has more weight to it.
- Then the second being a lot more controllable and precise qua touches and general car control. Being able to do most mechanics normally and the ball feeling a bit more bouncy/lighter.
- Then the third where I can describe it best as the car being on ice. It's a lot more fluid state of a game. The car seems to move far more easily. everything air related becomes a lot easier and so does turning on the ground.
The ball seems a lot bouncier and at it's lightest.
- There is a fourth which occurs every red moon, where the ball is light, sticks to the car and isn't overly bouncy and everything just happens as you would think it should.

There even may be more to it, and even tho I understand that this sounds crazy to begin with I was sure to provide Psyonix with all of my findings and logs to settle this and begin an attempt to fix the game for me and many others.

This is the TLDR if you are not that interested in reading all that:

So about 3 months ago I decided to contact Psyonix again and they acknowledged knowing the HCB and confirming it's existence.
Telling me they have many reports regarding the issue, but still after all these years no fix whatsoever. only temperaroly fixes supplied by mostly the community itself.

Yes offline is effected. It also happens in all other games that I play (Warzone/Battlefield) Same problem just different game. Also very confident I feel it while typing and moving my mouse across the desktop.
So yea I'm guessing it's a system wide issue and it doesn't matter if i'm connected to the ethernet either.

Besides that I have moved 5 times in these past 6 years. All different ISP's and the problem was always there. So that makes me also pretty confident that it isn't network related.
At this point i'm also thinking EMI/RFI noise.

If you could let me know if you found any other info, It would be much appreciated.
  • - The first being the Heavy Car Bug at its peak.
  • - Then the second being a lot more controllable and precise qua touches and general car control. Being able to do most mechanics normally and the ball feeling a bit more bouncy/lighter.
  • - Then the third where I can describe it best as the car being on ice. It's a lot more fluid state of a game. The car seems to move far more easily. everything air related becomes a lot easier and so does turning on the ground.
The ball seems a lot bouncier and at it's lightest.
  • - There is a fourth which occurs every red moon, where the ball is light, sticks to the car and isn't overly bouncy and everything just happens as you would think it should.
This I found interesting that you mention, cause there is actually fifth state which I can force to occur for like 10 minutes approx, tho its not always staying for these 10 minutes but around 10 I would say it can be forced to show how the game is IMO supposed to run.
It will invole some re-wiring of certain cables like ethernet and placing stuff in the correct directions, although its not impossible to achieve in most places. Its just gonna require some time to see where its actually benefits you interms of how responsive everything gets.

More about the fifth states is exactly bascially what you see in the freestyle tournaments where they gets clean resets by almost not touching the ball correctly and the car gets 0 dips in heights when resetting on the ball and were your car are pretty much stronger then the force of the ball. You can "spin-out" a whole 360-wavedash during these mechanics and you can still control the entire spin while doing ground movements.

As well when doing airdrags or litterly anything there is nothing stopping the force of the car, you even demo people more easier and you can 0 stopping force when demo someone.

Idk but in general you know that this state is how its supposed to feel. The car almost feels like your moving too fast for your own mechanics even tho I'm SSL I feel its almost too crazy to steer, but I'm still trying to figure how to make it stay this way.

ATM

Post by ATM » 26 Aug 2022, 14:53

Yo thanks for the reply
I also found more people agreeing with the multiple states thesis. I think what I call the fourth is or at least very close to your fifth.
I forced it last night by doing a steam cloud conflict reupload. Very odd how that would change the whole feel of the game, but sometimes it does and certainly not always.
I'm not sure what to think of this problem, because i'm also so confident I can feel it in other games and even the desktop. If one game is feeling right the others will do too.
I tried messing with the cables and making sure nothing power heavy was touching important stuff connected to the motherboard. Still changed again today. Had about 24 hours with the what I consider the good state.
I noticed that people have varying degrees of time where they are not affected. For some people like me it changes way more often than for others.

I'm about to give up tho, trying to troubleshoot this is very mentally taxing for me, it's getting a bit over the top after all this time tbh.

I'm just hoping that someday someone will be able to help me figure this shit out. if I'll even be interested in gaming at that point remains to be seen.