Does Mousetester/LatencyMon respond to emi?

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
inputlaghaver

Does Mousetester/LatencyMon respond to emi?

Post by inputlaghaver » 21 Jun 2021, 21:06

No matter how much i optimize my system, try different usb ports etc. my graphs are always the same.

deama

Re: Does Mousetester/LatencyMon respond to emi?

Post by deama » 23 Jun 2021, 03:15

It's not the best way to measure it.
Best would be to get a high speed camera and record it on a high hz monitor, but that's expensive and time consuming.
You could also try it with "feeling it" but you'd need to have good experience with not just using a mouse, but using it when it worked perfectly.

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 23 Jun 2021, 03:21

inputlaghaver wrote: ↑
21 Jun 2021, 21:06
No matter how much i optimize my system, try different usb ports etc. my graphs are always the same.
The ferrite beads on the mouse cable should be able to reduce or mitigate electrical interference.

As for the graph there are many tin foil hat tweakers that say that tweaking your OS can improve mousetester graphs but it's not true (unless you suffer from timing issues that desync readings, in this case make sure to disable HPET in OS and enable it in Bios + use ISLC when running mousetester graphs).

The main thing that matters is firmware optimizations, some mouse developers implement buffers to make mousetester graphs look less jittery, some others implement MotionSync to sync SPI with USB Polling events, the latter is more efficient in making the graph look better but it comes with an input lag reduction/penalty (depending on the implementation, MS reduces input lag with Razer's implementation but it does increase lag by around 1ms in 3370 implementations such as the Xm1r, GM41, Prime Wireless,..).

idk about LatencyMon.
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

MONITOR: XL2566K custom VT: https://i.imgur.com/ylYkuLf.png
CPU: 5800x3d 102mhz BCLK
GPU: 3080FE undervolted
RAM: https://i.imgur.com/iwmraZB.png
MOUSE: Endgame Gear OP1 8k
KEYBOARD: Wooting 60he

inputlaghaver

Post by inputlaghaver » 29 Jun 2021, 17:35

axaro1 wrote: ↑
23 Jun 2021, 03:21
21 Jun 2021, 21:06
The ferrite beads on the mouse cable should be able to reduce or mitigate electrical interference.

As for the graph there are many tin foil hat tweakers that say that tweaking your OS can improve mousetester graphs but it's not true (unless you suffer from timing issues that desync readings, in this case make sure to disable HPET in OS and enable it in Bios + use ISLC when running mousetester graphs).

The main thing that matters is firmware optimizations, some mouse developers implement buffers to make mousetester graphs look less jittery, some others implement MotionSync to sync SPI with USB Polling events, the latter is more efficient in making the graph look better but it comes with an input lag reduction/penalty (depending on the implementation, MS reduces input lag with Razer's implementation but it does increase lag by around 1ms in 3370 implementations such as the Xm1r, GM41, Prime Wireless,..).

idk about LatencyMon.
(not necessarily based on mousetester and lmon) Do you know of any signs that i could look for that might speak for emi? Because I've tried pretty much everything I could find after about a year and a half of googleing and troubleshooting and i'm just out of ideas on how to fix my inputlag :/

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 29 Jun 2021, 19:58

If you're worried about actual input latency just acquire a good CRT & razer 8kz mouse & 8khz keyboard. Make sure you use interrupt affinity policy tool to assign cores to each usb hub. This is probably fix all your problems. The issues your facing could basically be compensated for by doing that. No matter how much EMI reduction or tweaks you do it won't be enough. Interference will always occur even in lab environments. Hence why quantum computers are so hard to make! They have to use some sort of error correcting in them just like computers. Playing in the AM is noticeably smoother/responsive though probably due to cleaner electricity.

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 30 Jun 2021, 01:33

29 Jun 2021, 17:35
(not necessarily based on mousetester and lmon) Do you know of any signs that i could look for that might speak for emi? Because I've tried pretty much everything I could find after about a year and a half of googleing and troubleshooting and i'm just out of ideas on how to fix my inputlag :/
EMI are extremely hard to detect, Imo when you get the feeling of input lag there's 1 faulty piece of hardware in your setup, in my case it was a mouse that was supposed to be extremely low latency but ended up suffering from massive click latency inconsistencies.

I downgraded to a mouse with a worse sensor and worse click latency (according to different reviewers) and now my issue is gone.

If I was you I'd try to play with different setups, wether it's a mouse/mousepad/keyboard/monitor/... and see if you find any improvement.

The viper 8khz that was recommended by another user has MotionSync up to 4000hz that will make the mouse graph look flawless so if the issue that you are having is caused by sensor jitters it will completely fix it.
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

MONITOR: XL2566K custom VT: https://i.imgur.com/ylYkuLf.png
CPU: 5800x3d 102mhz BCLK
GPU: 3080FE undervolted
RAM: https://i.imgur.com/iwmraZB.png
MOUSE: Endgame Gear OP1 8k
KEYBOARD: Wooting 60he

inputlaghaver

Post by inputlaghaver » 06 Jul 2021, 00:19

Eonds wrote: ↑
29 Jun 2021, 19:58
If you're worried about actual input latency just acquire a good CRT & razer 8kz mouse & 8khz keyboard. Make sure you use interrupt affinity policy tool to assign cores to each usb hub. This is probably fix all your problems. The issues your facing could basically be compensated for by doing that. No matter how much EMI reduction or tweaks you do it won't be enough. Interference will always occur even in lab environments. Hence why quantum computers are so hard to make! They have to use some sort of error correcting in them just like computers. Playing in the AM is noticeably smoother/responsive though probably due to cleaner electricity.
what do you mean by crt?

inputlaghaver

Post by inputlaghaver » 06 Jul 2021, 00:24

axaro1 wrote: ↑
30 Jun 2021, 01:33
29 Jun 2021, 17:35
EMI are extremely hard to detect, Imo when you get the feeling of input lag there's 1 faulty piece of hardware in your setup, in my case it was a mouse that was supposed to be extremely low latency but ended up suffering from massive click latency inconsistencies.

I downgraded to a mouse with a worse sensor and worse click latency (according to different reviewers) and now my issue is gone.

If I was you I'd try to play with different setups, wether it's a mouse/mousepad/keyboard/monitor/... and see if you find any improvement.

The viper 8khz that was recommended by another user has MotionSync up to 4000hz that will make the mouse graph look flawless so if the issue that you are having is caused by sensor jitters it will completely fix it.
I'm pretty sure I ruled out any hardware issues :/
Here's most of the stuff i've already tried to give you an idea: https://pastebin.com/FCApJ7ts

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 12 Aug 2021, 12:20

06 Jul 2021, 00:19
what do you mean by crt?
Cathode Ray Tube, AKA box tv's/monitors. Or a high end display like the 390hz acer.

aerin

Post by aerin » 12 Aug 2021, 12:25

12 Aug 2021, 12:20
06 Jul 2021, 00:19
what do you mean by crt?
Cathode Ray Tube, AKA box tv's/monitors. Or a high end display like the 390hz acer.
eonds if you dont test the dwords i will ban fanta from ur server