[EMI Success] I want to testify!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
IComeVeryFar

[EMI Success] I want to testify!

Post by IComeVeryFar » 18 Sep 2021, 18:02

Hello everyone,

Like my nickname I have come a long way and I want to testify to this particular problem that I managed to resolve.
This issue was a feeling of delay in CS: GO, my FOV seemed heavy and a complete inconsistency in consistency and recording of shots.
I know this game, I'm not a noob i was G rank on ESEA in 2017. I have perfect configuration with my computer, device, monitor (240 HZ) and low latency in LatencyMon.
A year ago I brought in an electrician to make a decent grounding (because I am in an old housing) because the figures in terms of ohm were very bad, after his intervention I have a good ohm like 40. That did not solve my problem but wait for the continuation because maybe it is related.
And reading posts from right to left, the majority of these posts dealing with these subjects were on your forum, because there is still a lot of testimony here today I have an idea that solved my problem.

I changed the socket in my home to which the multi-socket of the computer and the pc is connected to use a more recent socket (https://ibb.co/fFdVMx8 old https://ibb.co/FDWgpKr new) and connected my Modem to a conditioner that protects the power (https://ibb.co/F0RHLTM)

Gentlemen it's day and night, all my shots are recording perfectly, my game is smooth, I just spent 45 min on a full DM server and I had a score like 400/280 it's been a very long time that it had not happened to me.
For information this manipulation allowed me to go from triple A on DSLreport to 2 A + and A.
I don't know if it's the network or electricity but I had to testify because I know that a lot of people have this kind of problem and this problem drives you crazy ...

Another thing i am thinking of, be careful when you do a fresh install of windows because you know it well, windows takes the initiative to install the drivers itself and sometimes they are not the right ones. In order to have the best latencies on my PC, when I install windows I use a software which allows to block the windows drivers and behind I do it myself on the manufacturer site of the card itself etc ... I I have an Asus Rog strix Z390-E gaming motherboard and to my surprise I blocked Samsung drivers for the USB ports ...

now I am the happiest of men because my mouse has become an extension of my arm again in CS: GO. I've been struggling with this fucking problem for 4 years.

InputLagger

Re: [EMI Success] I want to testify!

Post by InputLagger » 18 Sep 2021, 18:53

IComeVeryFar wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 18:02

now I am the happiest of men because my mouse has become an extension of my arm again in CS: GO. I've been struggling with this fucking problem for 4 years.

Glad to hear this! But you should test this fix for a several weeks to be sure it fixed. Because many ppl reports it come back again after time :(

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 18 Sep 2021, 20:21

interesting my friend i hope this issue never come back to caught you... what are the model of your conditioner? keept updating us

IComeVeryFar

Post by IComeVeryFar » 18 Sep 2021, 20:40

Thank you very much for the empathy because tgis fucking problem has gnawed at me ... there is no reason for it to come back, I am fiber, with a good configuration etc ...
for the conditioner it is the one: https://ibb.co/ry4CM6S

After what baffles me is to know if it is related to electricity or the networks. I could find out by putting the plug of my modem back on the wall socket as before and only leaving the change of socket for the pc and the screen to see the result but I was so traumatized by this problem ahaha that I did not touch more to nothing, at least not now.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 18 Sep 2021, 23:56

Please answer these questions.
Did this delay/input lag happen in both online and offline maps?
Have you done any other changes apart from changing socket and using a conditioner?
Did you replace pc parts? Replace powersupply?
Since you said internet Rating changed to A+. It could be a combination of improvement in internet connection as well as electricity.

IComeVeryFar

Post by IComeVeryFar » 19 Sep 2021, 01:56

Yes this also happened with offline bots however it was less obvious. I did not make any other changes apart from changing the power outlet and connecting the modem to the conditioner. I did not change parts and not change the power supply.

I remember having read on this forum, i found it relevant, a person with a similar problem and this person said that he had felt this problem after a power cut in his home and when I read that I remembered that there is some year I have a fairly hard power cut, so hard that I heard a noise like a boom

Besides, I'm a layman and I see that this topic has been pinned on an EMI problem if someone could provide more detail? a big thank-you.

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 19 Sep 2021, 03:17

IComeVeryFar wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 20:40
Thank you very much for the empathy because tgis fucking problem has gnawed at me ... there is no reason for it to come back, I am fiber, with a good configuration etc ...

After what baffles me is to know if it is related to electricity or the networks. I could find out by putting the plug of my modem back on the wall socket as before and only leaving the change of socket for the pc and the screen to see the result but I was so traumatized by this problem ahaha that I did not touch more to nothing, at least not now.
no reason ?
do you think people didnt try what you did ?
just wait for couple days :)

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 19 Sep 2021, 04:02

Last edited by Eonds on 21 Sep 2021, 07:39, edited 1 time in total.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 19 Sep 2021, 06:08

Eonds wrote:
19 Sep 2021, 04:02
IComeVeryFar wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 20:40

You have to realize it doesn't matter what hardware you buy if you don't configure it properly. It will feel nearly the same, or worse. Learn how to optimize your system before doing a bunch of crazy/long-shot stuff. My brothers pc (intel) feels much worse than mine despite being on AMD (but optimized to the gills). Buying new hardware doesn't actually help that much, configuring it properly in every manner does. If you have fiber and you're still complaining/having issue's it's either A: mental/health problems or B: improper system configuration. If i had fiber, like no lmfao. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
There are heaps and heaps of users who have fiber and still suffer from bad hit reg, chubbyness and stutter all the time including me back when i had fiber, the issue is related to the ISP or electricity or both

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 19 Sep 2021, 06:15

Glad to hear that your problem is fixed! If it's not much of a burden, would you report back to us in a week or so to confirm if it's still working fine?
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini