EMI / Bad Electricity 5 years journey (I 'fixed' it)

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
akylen

Re: EMI / Bad Electricity 5 years journey (I 'fixed' it)

Post by akylen » 28 Dec 2021, 07:40

NJb wrote: ↑
28 Dec 2021, 07:20
Qure wrote: ↑
26 Dec 2021, 10:22
That was a very interesting read. Thanks for all the info and your overall great input.

Did you changed your Modem/Router equipment as well?
If yes, did it made an impact or was it only the PC and the periphirals that made the big difference?
Yeah, multiple personal routers/modems that had no noticeable impact.

Only thing that visibly changed things (and not temporarily) was changing ISPs and therefore the fiber converters/modems that come with the ISP (the devices that converts fiber to ethernet). I had 3 different ISPs throughout the years and the best experience I had was on the ISP that had coax cable and not fiber. Permanent minor impact and I always considered it a minor improvement despite having 10-15ms higher ping than on fiber.
woodyfly wrote: ↑
26 Dec 2021, 11:51
Any updates? still good? This is some crazy theory but could be it. It's like some damn virus following our PC
Still perfect since I last moved and changed everything. Calling it a virus crosses the tinfoil-hat field tho, I just regard it as permanent damage. I am still actively looking for a fix, not one that reverses damage, but one that prevents this in the first place.
Have you ever tried to buy a card sim mobile, put it in a 4g router and to see if it fix it ?

NJb

Post by NJb » 28 Dec 2021, 07:45

akylen wrote: ↑
28 Dec 2021, 07:40
NJb wrote: ↑
28 Dec 2021, 07:20
Still perfect since I last moved and changed everything. Calling it a virus crosses the tinfoil-hat field tho, I just regard it as permanent damage. I am still actively looking for a fix, not one that reverses damage, but one that prevents this in the first place.
Have you ever tried to buy a card sim mobile, put it in a 4g router and to see if it fix it ?

I tried using my phone's 4g connection (via USB). It was much better than when I was connected to a wired fiber connection, and sometimes I would go playing for days using my phone's 4G. It was very unstable tho, I would get random ping spikes to 300ms so that's why I stopped using it

woodyfly

Post by woodyfly » 29 Dec 2021, 03:09

So how did csgo exactly look (visually) on bad electricity? When my fps is around 250-350 my game looks stuttery and choppy. It's not until I get like 500 fps where my game smoothens out. Then I see pro players playing with like 270 fps (they cap their fps at 300) and I'm thinking there must be something off with my system. There's no way theyre gonna play with 300 fps if on my system, that leads to extreme stutter
Last edited by woodyfly on 29 Dec 2021, 03:48, edited 1 time in total.

Blonekql

Post by Blonekql » 29 Dec 2021, 03:33

+1. Before 2015 my game's have 60-150 FPS and evrythink be smooth and responsible. After that year... My all device in house is very slugish and slow. High end pc is trash. I think one of us must speak to pro player/world pc influencer like linus tech tips who have some impact on esport/pc users scene and who SHOW THIS PROBEM because rivalry is not fair. I think alot of us on THIS forum can be shroud2 or scream2 with AIM.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 29 Dec 2021, 17:32

Blonekql wrote: ↑
29 Dec 2021, 03:33
+1. Before 2015 my game's have 60-150 FPS and evrythink be smooth and responsible. After that year... My all device in house is very slugish and slow. High end pc is trash. I think one of us must speak to pro player/world pc influencer like linus tech tips who have some impact on esport/pc users scene and who SHOW THIS PROBEM because rivalry is not fair. I think alot of us on THIS forum can be shroud2 or scream2 with AIM.
I agree with this, france denmark Netherlands germany payers have the best gaming sessions of their lifes, no electricity induced lag and no internet lag. I see it in their streams, watch players like d0cc, loba, day0s, madara, they have no idea about windows tweaking, no idea about the pc parts they have in their own pc lol, no idea about their net connection apart from it being fiber and they simply play for 6+ years like that. Making sick highlights every game, reaching 5000 elo and having fun in every game even tho they have over 10k hours. Meanwhile i played only 4k hours and it feels like forever. We need to go to Europe mate, they have sick weather, sick girls, sick electricity, lets go there.

Blonekql

Post by Blonekql » 29 Dec 2021, 18:19

Ye.... I'm from Poland. Problem is there and i dont f*****g know what this problem is and where it comes from. Unluko life and sad story alot of us.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 29 Dec 2021, 19:45

assombrosso wrote: ↑
29 Dec 2021, 17:32
I agree with this, france denmark Netherlands germany payers have the best gaming sessions of their lifes, no electricity induced lag and no internet lag. I see it in their streams, watch players like d0cc, loba, day0s, madara, they have no idea about windows tweaking, no idea about the pc parts they have in their own pc lol, no idea about their net connection apart from it being fiber and they simply play for 6+ years like that. Making sick highlights every game, reaching 5000 elo and having fun in every game even tho they have over 10k hours. Meanwhile i played only 4k hours and it feels like forever. We need to go to Europe mate, they have sick weather, sick girls, sick electricity, lets go there.
This is definitly not true. Im living in germany and suffering from that network lag since 4 years and also moved places. Doesnt matter if its DSL or cable, booth the same shit on my location and either most pf my friends suffering from that network lag there too in other places, city. I tried all of them appartments. either germanys internet is totally shit and behind all other countries. Youre paying for 100 mbits download over 60 bucks and there is only 1 DSL provider since every other are just resellers from telekom. I knew some places in germany where you are actually have good reg but i have to save up money first before i move on to those place. Its a very expensive country for everything

akylen

Post by akylen » 29 Dec 2021, 20:05

Unreazz wrote: ↑
29 Dec 2021, 19:45
This is definitly not true. Im living in germany and suffering from that network lag since 4 years and also moved places. Doesnt matter if its DSL or cable, booth the same shit on my location and either most pf my friends suffering from that network lag there too in other places, city. I tried all of them appartments. either germanys internet is totally shit and behind all other countries. Youre paying for 100 mbits download over 60 bucks and there is only 1 DSL provider since every other are just resellers from telekom. I knew some places in germany where you are actually have good reg but i have to save up money first before i move on to those place. Its a very expensive country for everything
From france i also got problems.

For me its a mix of different things.

I got the "shot first die first" problem but its on every games , can't control my recoil even at high fps and games feels like shit ( sorry for the language )

I think the problem came out about the time the fiber was implemanted but still not sure atm.

Every time i look at a stream , im feeling sad , because this is not what i experience on my game , i literally have no fun playing anymore because i know what will happen.

Sorry for my bad english.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 29 Dec 2021, 21:48

I agree about many cities of germany having lag
, But some cities have no lag perhaps the one your talking about, you know madara? Mrc9 ? Hes 4000 elo and i look at his games, extremely smooth n fast. You need to find out where he lives n go there lol

akylen

Post by akylen » 29 Dec 2021, 21:59

29 Dec 2021, 21:48
I agree about many cities of germany having lag
, But some cities have no lag perhaps the one your talking about, you know madara? Mrc9 ? Hes 4000 elo and i look at his games, extremely smooth n fast. You need to find out where he lives n go there lol
Im posting the specs of the guy you're talking about , if that can help

https://gyazo.com/1fa81f81244379855777f6de9ce0f772

Im actually surprise that he only got a 650 W and 2080 got no NVME and i dont know why he wrote "HD-Audio Onboard"