EMI / Bad Electricity 5 years journey (I 'fixed' it)

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
NJb

Re: EMI / Bad Electricity 5 years journey (I 'fixed' it)

Post by NJb » 31 Dec 2021, 15:16

akylen wrote:
29 Dec 2021, 21:59

Im actually surprise that he only got a 650 W and 2080 got no NVME and i dont know why he wrote "HD-Audio Onboard"
TBH I found that it matters very little how high-end the PC is (regarding smoothness/input delay). I played on a friend's PC that's older than 7 years, excluding a GPU which isn't a very expensive one at that, it was either a 960 or a 970 ( I believe it was the cheapest gpu that could run 240hz) and the gameplay couldn't get any faster than that. I even had dips below 240fps and barely noticed any difference in terms of mouse responsiveness. There's tons of people with old pcs and manage to play at high-ish level (at least in cs)

akylen

Post by akylen » 05 Jan 2022, 05:34

So now as I write this message, I am currently no longer in the house where I normally play but in an office where I took my pc from my house which must be 1 or 2 kilometers away, and I have exactly the same problem as at home.

After to see if the thesis of changing location AND components still holds, because changing equipment is not currently possible.

I'm writing this post because my problem is mostly that the enemies see me before I see them, I would post clips later, but in doubt, since I don't know if it's an internet or electrical problem, this which is weird as i tested two different internet providers so i am writing that here.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 05 Jan 2022, 09:28

akylen wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 05:34
So now as I write this message, I am currently no longer in the house where I normally play but in an office where I took my pc from my house which must be 1 or 2 kilometers away, and I have exactly the same problem as at home.

After to see if the thesis of changing location AND components still holds, because changing equipment is not currently possible.

I'm writing this post because my problem is mostly that the enemies see me before I see them, I would post clips later, but in doubt, since I don't know if it's an internet or electrical problem, this which is weird as i tested two different internet providers so i am writing that here.
hello you are not alone with this changing house are not solution, i also changed PC setup with another locations but still same problem.
I know many many guys who tried change location but problem still persist [ with same or new setup ]
I know only 1 guy who is fixed on another location [nuggif] and i saw typing this one more random guy who i do not believe.
Change location is not solution :?

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 05 Jan 2022, 14:11

Tried 4 locations in my city, all have same issue.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 05 Jan 2022, 14:25

assombrosso wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 14:11
Tried 4 locations in my city, all have same issue.
All offline and online games are affected?

Blonekql

Post by Blonekql » 06 Jan 2022, 10:34

I have job what i very like and very hate, my Curse... E-sport Coach in high school in Poland, city Lublin. We training league of legends and CS:GO. Why i write it? Because before thiss isue affected me am ex veeery good Quake player, i can ez tell top EU QuakeLive in 2010/2011, duel player, incredible muscle memory, flickshot 180° ez. How i found this job? Hehe, job found me. Anyway. Now i AM silver in CS and silver in lol. Before izi global and play just for fun on lol-diament. All computers on my job is affected. For me this isue start in 2015. We just have to live on...

akylen

Post by akylen » 06 Jan 2022, 11:47

I would be okay with saying live with it, but the problem is, others don't have this problem, and that's what pisses me off the most, why we should have this problem that's ruining your life. life when others live without this problem and make it their job without even knowing that others have it.

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 06 Jan 2022, 12:08

Suggestion for anybody testing different locations: try and see if you can test somewhere without a "smart meter", it has to be a regular solid state or mechanical electric meter. It also has to be a single house, if it's an appartment building with a bunch of meters installed right next to each others it won't matter (because you're gonna have a bunch of "smart meters" interfering with the regular one). I just want to confirm if my theory has any relevance. The way that people keep saying that this problem is present in different locations and also how it started around 2014-2015 which aligns with the dates in which smart meters were deployed in masses to residential houses and commercial buildings makes me suspicious about that.

dervu

Post by dervu » 06 Jan 2022, 13:17

I heard about issues with powerline network adapters dropping connection because of smart meters.
On the other side I lived in place with everything newly built for some time, it definitely had smart meters. There was no issue there.
Another question is if they are all equal smart meters. If one is being worse with emitting interference and another being good.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 06 Jan 2022, 13:28

dervu wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 13:17
I heard about issues with powerline network adapters dropping connection because of smart meters.
On the other side I lived in place with everything newly built for some time, it definitely had smart meters. There was no issue there.
Another question is if they are all equal smart meters. If one is being worse with emitting interference and another being good.
That's what I'm wondering as well, where I live, most smart meter if not all of them are from landys+gir, maybe those ones are bad? I remember reading somewhere that there is some places in some country in which the deployment of smart meters did not go through so even if new places were built, they would probably still be fitted with regular meters. Another theory that I thought also is how 5 Ghz wifi bands are much more common nowadays compared to before (2.4 Ghz only), maybe they could interfere with computers?
Last edited by BigBoi on 06 Jan 2022, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.