EMI / Bad Electricity 5 years journey (I 'fixed' it)

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
dervu

Re: EMI / Bad Electricity 5 years journey (I 'fixed' it)

Post by dervu » 06 Jan 2022, 13:30

BigBoi wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 13:28
dervu wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 13:17
I heard about issues with powerline network adapters dropping connection because of smart meters.
On the other side I lived in place with everything newly built for some time, it definitely had smart meters. There was no issue there.
Another question is if they are all equal smart meters. If one is being worse with emitting interference and another being good.
That's what I'm wondering as well, where I live, most smart meter if not all are from landys+gir, maybe those ones are bad?. I remember reading somewhere that there is some places in some country in which the deployment of smart meters did not go through so even if new places were built, they would probably still be fitted with regular meters.
If you want to check, maybe it is worth a try to mount something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmS5pVEZHzg
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 06 Jan 2022, 13:36

dervu wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 13:30
BigBoi wrote:
dervu wrote:
I heard about issues with powerline network adapters dropping connection because of smart meters.
On the other side I lived in place with everything newly built for some time, it definitely had smart meters. There was no issue there.
Another question is if they are all equal smart meters. If one is being worse with emitting interference and another being good.
That's what I'm wondering as well, where I live, most smart meter if not all are from landys+gir, maybe those ones are bad?. I remember reading somewhere that there is some places in some country in which the deployment of smart meters did not go through so even if new places were built, they would probably still be fitted with regular meters.
If you want to check, maybe it is worth a try to mount something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmS5pVEZHzg
This would only protect from the outside emf radiation caused by the meters though wouldn't it? I remember reading that smart meters also interact with the entire circuit of which your home is connected to, that's how whoever is providing your power are able to see exactly which specific electronic devices consume how much electricity.

dervu

Post by dervu » 06 Jan 2022, 13:39

Then best bet is to have someone disable power to each house, apartment separately to figure out where the cause is. Most difficult part in this is to have someone who can do it and have legal reason to do it.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Blonekql

Post by Blonekql » 06 Jan 2022, 14:19

Dervu, priv?

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 06 Jan 2022, 17:43

I would suggest that someone needs to sneak in at night time and cut off entire power supply from all the buildings in your area and then use battery to power yiur pc

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 06 Jan 2022, 17:44

assombrosso wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 17:43
I would suggest that someone needs to sneak in at night time and cut off entire power supply from all the buildings in your area and then use battery to power yiur pc
ezy jail time xD

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 06 Jan 2022, 17:47

Unixko wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 17:44
assombrosso wrote:
ezy jail time xD
I Know but it's worth it imo. You can claim that you are mentally unwell the time you cut off power , and it will be a reasonable claim.
This issue will make me a mentally sick patient soon i swear.

akylen

Post by akylen » 06 Jan 2022, 18:07

assombrosso wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 17:47
Unixko wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 17:44
assombrosso wrote:
ezy jail time xD
I Know but it's worth it imo. You can claim that you are mentally unwell the time you cut off power , and it will be a reasonable claim.
This issue will make me a mentally sick patient soon i swear.
All of us dont worry xD

dervu

Post by dervu » 06 Jan 2022, 18:09

...or just put the bomb at transformer. You can say that you learned it from CS, so you can say you are mentally not well during this "bomb plant". :lol:

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 07 Jan 2022, 09:28

BigBoi wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 12:08
Suggestion for anybody testing different locations: try and see if you can test somewhere without a "smart meter", it has to be a regular solid state or mechanical electric meter. It also has to be a single house, if it's an appartment building with a bunch of meters installed right next to each others it won't matter (because you're gonna have a bunch of "smart meters" interfering with the regular one). I just want to confirm if my theory has any relevance. The way that people keep saying that this problem is present in different locations and also how it started around 2014-2015 which aligns with the dates in which smart meters were deployed in masses to residential houses and commercial buildings makes me suspicious about that.
I don't have any meters, smart or don't smart(for electricity) in my location and have delay, desync. Desktop is still smooth. Win 7x64, amd fx 8350 am3+ platform with Asus pro r 2.0 mobo, 16gb 2133 ram with gtx 770 4gb
BigBoi wrote:
dervu wrote:
That's what I'm wondering as well, where I live, most smart meter if not all of them are from landys+gir, maybe those ones are bad? I remember reading somewhere that there is some places in some country in which the deployment of smart meters did not go through so even if new places were built, they would probably still be fitted with regular meters. Another theory that I thought also is how 5 Ghz wifi bands are much more common nowadays compared to before (2.4 Ghz only), maybe they could interfere with computers?
My pc setup from 2013 -14 years, without rgb led or WiFi shit.
Maybe we're all have different kinds of this "lag" so solution will be only for particular issue which the person would have