EMI / Bad Electricity 5 years journey (I 'fixed' it)

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
nyxo100

Re: EMI / Bad Electricity 5 years journey (I 'fixed' it)

Post by nyxo100 » 05 Nov 2021, 02:11

Plznoinputlag wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 12:50
kaedriric wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 12:12
So ... any clue if USB flash drives also get affected by this? if i wanna transfer my files of my "dirty PC" to an entirely new clean one, will the usb flash drive also get infected?
at the end of the day it still connected to your pc that have bad electricity so it does not make sense, its like you will install games on hdd or ssd driver that completely empty. we need to fx the source of it we cant bypass this :(
I can confirm i played some time in a good electical area and the experience even with 60hz was incredible more smooth than my shitty electricity in my house/town with 165hz feels horrible laggy unplayable. no matters what things u try or the settings/perhipherals you try if u play in a alectical bad state you are fucked up this needs to be fixed at the root.
Last edited by nyxo100 on 31 Dec 2021, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

Yuiiski

Post by Yuiiski » 06 Nov 2021, 19:42

Glad you fixed it, I am having the exact same issue as you but moving out isn't an option for me. A question, did you ever get an electrical to visit your previous house?

kaedriric

Post by kaedriric » 08 Nov 2021, 02:55

nyxo100 wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 02:11
Plznoinputlag wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 12:50
kaedriric wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 12:12
So ... any clue if USB flash drives also get affected by this? if i wanna transfer my files of my "dirty PC" to an entirely new clean one, will the usb flash drive also get infected?
at the end of the day it still connected to your pc that have bad electricity so it does not make sense, its like you will install games on hdd or ssd driver that completely empty. we need to fx the source of it we cant bypass this :(
I can confirm i played some time in a good electical area and the experience even with 60hz was incredible more smooth than mi shitty electricity in my house/town with 165hz feels horrible laggy unplayable. no matters what things u try or the settings/perhipherals you try if u play in a alectical bad state you are fucked up this needs to be fixed at the root.
Yea I am (in a few weeks) pretty much having to move out to another place in an entirely different city too because of University attendance and stuff. The input lag issue to me personally was always present, or at least I started noticing it in like 2019 when I became more of a competitive FPS player. But as I was saying yeah it was always there lurking around, but sometimes if I just restarted my PC it would fix, it was kinda like a 1 in 5 chance of it occuring each time I turned on my PC, but starting from September of this year it just stayed permanent and I got more desperate about it because everything is completely unplayable now. I don't really know if surge protectors also has anything to do with this, and I never really had the idea of using a regular power strip or UPS but some people say that a surge protector is counterproductive to modern PSUs. I am also changing my entire PC and peripherals so this topic pretty much helped me clear out a lot of things in my mind. But in the case of having to move important files from my current dirty PC in my town to an entirely new one in another city was something I had in my mind because I guess I couldn't do that with an USB flash drive either, which sucks. I guess something like OneDrive and/or Dropbox are the best options for that then.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 08 Nov 2021, 16:05

Is it still perfect? Keep updating the thread.
I think this fix is perhaps the best one out of all fixes, all other fixes are temporary and only last up to 3 days MAX.

It looks like im going to sell my pc and all peripherals one by one or perhaps at once, going to use gaming cafes for work/light gaming.

Then pick a very far location from where i lived in all three bad locations i lived in this past year.

Pc hardware going to be all intel/nvidia, gona order same brands as some famous streamers, including mouse +keyboard.

I will get a brand new steam as well.
If this issue doesn't fix then i might just be cursed or really unlucky (to end up living in a fourth location that has dirty electricity)

kaedriric

Post by kaedriric » 10 Nov 2021, 15:15

Mugabi wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 16:05
I think this fix is perhaps the best one out of all fixes, all other fixes are temporary and only last up to 3 days MAX.

It looks like im going to sell my pc and all peripherals one by one or perhaps at once, going to use gaming cafes for work/light gaming.

Then pick a very far location from where i lived in all three bad locations i lived in this past year.

Pc hardware going to be all intel/nvidia, gona order same brands as some famous streamers, including mouse +keyboard.

If this issue doesn't fix then i might just be cursed or really unlucky (to end up living in a fourth location that has dirty electricity)
Did you use the same PC and peripherals in those three locations though? Also yeah the new Steam account thing is also a good idea. You should also try avoiding Razer peripherals, just a heads up... since their horrendous software always forces you to install new (bad) drivers and firmwares which potentially cause damages to the OS, but other than that any other brand is probably a-okay.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 11 Nov 2021, 14:12

kaedriric wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 15:15
Mugabi wrote:

Did you use the same PC and peripherals in those three locations though? Also yeah the new Steam account thing is also a good idea. You should also try avoiding Razer peripherals, just a heads up... since their horrendous software always forces you to install new (bad) drivers and firmwares which potentially cause damages to the OS, but other than that any other brand is probably a-okay.
YeS i used The same pc and pc peripherals in all locations and trust me all these locations are pretty far from each other.

Idk man but im starting to think that this issue might be pc hardware related(something fucked up or not compatible about some part that is making all this latency lag ) or the whole city i live in is fucked.

I wouldn't know unless i sell all my pc+peripherals then buy all new shit plus new account then moving to a new place.
This shit is too tiring but fuck it who cares, we only live once

kaedriric

Post by kaedriric » 11 Nov 2021, 15:06

Mugabi wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 14:12
kaedriric wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 15:15
Mugabi wrote:

YeS i used The same pc and pc peripherals in all locations and trust me all these locations are pretty far from each other.

Idk man but im starting to think that this issue might be pc hardware related(something fucked up or not compatible about some part that is making all this latency lag ) or the whole city i live in is fucked.

I wouldn't know unless i sell all my pc+peripherals then buy all new shit plus new account then moving to a new place.
This shit is too tiring but fuck it who cares, we only live once
I've been with the issue for quite a long time and I tried a million different things (hardware related) but then I figured bad electricity was the best guess here and I realized it makes a lot of sense considering how electricity always ran in my house. I don't know your specific situation but in my house there's been a lot of electricity issues throughout the years, I also used two different surge protectors with an extension cord, before this I also had to change my faulty old PSU because it basically turned my PC off when it was under a lot of stress.

Altogether, it all ends up being a lot of electricity issues, but as I said previously I am moving to a completely different city with an entirely new PC + peripherals and also any other kind of electrical appliance (which I can't take with me regardless). Although all of this will probably take like around two weeks because that's when I'm moving out and I still have to buy the components, I'll update in this thread about the situation after like a month of living there just to kinda get anyone an idea about this being potentially the best fix for this, because I at least personally think it is the best thing you can do about it and it makes a lot of sense.

I'll also pray not to have the lousiest luck ever and to have to encounter the same issue, albeit I doubt that'll be the case... considering how uttermost (and costly) this fix is.

Qure

Post by Qure » 26 Dec 2021, 10:22

That was a very interesting read. Thanks for all the info and your overall great input.

Did you changed your Modem/Router equipment as well?
If yes, did it made an impact or was it only the PC and the periphirals that made the big difference?

woodyfly

Post by woodyfly » 26 Dec 2021, 11:51

Any updates? still good? This is some crazy theory but could be it. It's like some damn virus following our PC

NJb

Post by NJb » 28 Dec 2021, 07:20

Qure wrote:
26 Dec 2021, 10:22
That was a very interesting read. Thanks for all the info and your overall great input.

Did you changed your Modem/Router equipment as well?
If yes, did it made an impact or was it only the PC and the periphirals that made the big difference?
Yeah, multiple personal routers/modems that had no noticeable impact.

Only thing that visibly changed things (and not temporarily) was changing ISPs and therefore the fiber converters/modems that come with the ISP (the devices that converts fiber to ethernet). I had 3 different ISPs throughout the years and the best experience I had was on the ISP that had coax cable and not fiber. Permanent minor impact and I always considered it a minor improvement despite having 10-15ms higher ping than on fiber.
woodyfly wrote:
26 Dec 2021, 11:51
Any updates? still good? This is some crazy theory but could be it. It's like some damn virus following our PC
Still perfect since I last moved and changed everything. Calling it a virus crosses the tinfoil-hat field tho, I just regard it as permanent damage. I am still actively looking for a fix, not one that reverses damage, but one that prevents this in the first place.