[Troubleshooting Equipment] ways to mitigate interference

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
nick4567

Re: [Troubleshooting Equipment] ways to mitigate interference

Post by nick4567 » 26 Sep 2021, 20:32

nyxo100 wrote: ↑
24 Sep 2021, 20:54
naporitan wrote: ↑
24 Sep 2021, 14:46
Im not denying anything you said but why is issue present on ups battery without ups plugged to ac.
I can't say anything... There are many versions of why this happens... But, even my laptop through the battery does not work properly.
are u sure ?? i tested laptop and nintendo switch and the difference it was very noticeable
It could just be the toroids/interference filter or shielding of the switches components are better than the laptop mate if we approach this problem logically we see that a console is just a pc with more restrictions but they are basically made of the same materials motherboards gpus cpus ram... etc the only possible difference (other than type of components) would be that the switch u own has filtering capabilities that surpass ur laptop/desktop im gonna do some digging and figure out what those are

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 27 Sep 2021, 01:11

Im not denying anything you said but why is issue present on ups battery without ups plugged to ac.
I can't say anything... There are many versions of why this happens... But, even my laptop through the battery does not work properly.
Laptops have so many power saving features it's unreal. Laptops are made with battery longevity not performance and low latency. I get what you're saying but it's still not even slightly okay to use a laptop for serious gaming.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 27 Sep 2021, 01:13

nick4567 wrote: ↑
26 Sep 2021, 20:32
nyxo100 wrote: ↑
24 Sep 2021, 20:54
are u sure ?? i tested laptop and nintendo switch and the difference it was very noticeable
It could just be the toroids/interference filter or shielding of the switches components are better than the laptop mate if we approach this problem logically we see that a console is just a pc with more restrictions but they are basically made of the same materials motherboards gpus cpus ram... etc the only possible difference (other than type of components) would be that the switch u own has filtering capabilities that surpass ur laptop/desktop im gonna do some digging and figure out what those are
There's so many things we/you guys don't know about that are implemented into different motherboards, laptops, etc. There's way to many variables to just say that it's electricity. Step 1: don't use laptops lol & don't bother using ryzen it's a headache.

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 27 Sep 2021, 02:54

Eonds wrote: ↑
27 Sep 2021, 01:11
Laptops have so many power saving features it's unreal. Laptops are made with battery longevity not performance and low latency. I get what you're saying but it's still not even slightly okay to use a laptop for serious gaming.
TURN OFF POWER SAVING FEATURES who woulda ever thought of that, somebody give this guy a fucking medal thank god we have u without ur insights no computer would work properly. I dont think you quite grasp the complexity of the situation that is significant latency fluctuations, tell me something why would my game work normal sometimes and other times not when i havent messed with a single setting. tell me which setting would would change latency so drastically at random (40-70 ms). Tell me why u think a forum user who has had problems for years now hasnt figured out or attempted to turn power saving off. The situation is a bit more complex than simply tuning up the computer for optimal performance which every single user in this entire subforum has already done to no avail. Listen mate u wanna throw darts at a board thats great leave it tf off my thread. Im not here to convince anyone of anything im just tryna advance my knowledge on emc protocols and susceptibility of devices as well as proper filtering arrangements. Go take ur system tweaks to another subforum

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 28 Sep 2021, 01:10

27 Sep 2021, 02:54
TURN OFF POWER SAVING FEATURES who woulda ever thought of that, somebody give this guy a fucking medal thank god we have u without ur insights no computer would work properly. I dont think you quite grasp the complexity of the situation that is significant latency fluctuations, tell me something why would my game work normal sometimes and other times not when i havent messed with a single setting. tell me which setting would would change latency so drastically at random (40-70 ms). Tell me why u think a forum user who has had problems for years now hasnt figured out or attempted to turn power saving off. The situation is a bit more complex than simply tuning up the computer for optimal performance which every single user in this entire subforum has already done to no avail. Listen mate u wanna throw darts at a board thats great leave it tf off my thread. Im not here to convince anyone of anything im just tryna advance my knowledge on emc protocols and susceptibility of devices as well as proper filtering arrangements. Go take ur system tweaks to another subforum
You truly don't understand the complexity of computers. You making a mockery of disabling "power saving features" really says a lot. It's not that you're getting 10 less FPS LOL. They affect latency and cause latency jitter & laptops themselves have many issues especially when it comes to the custom GPU's they have. It's nearly impossible to have latency spikes that high. Those types of fluctuations would cause the system to stall. No offense to this forum (it's a good place) but this forum doesn't even have half of the documentation of tweaks that some discord servers have. If you'd actually give some more detail about how you come to these half assed conclusions I could offer some help. I love how people who don't understand anything about computers think that spread spectrum settings and general system tweaking is useless. Way to show how much you really don't know. Most people would write you off like a mental patient simply because of what you said. None of what you guys talk about makes sense half the times but It's hard to explain that without being really rude & condescending. Power saving features are embedded in almost every part of your system and i'm more than willing to bet money that you don't know how to turn them off. PS: it's because people don't waste their time trying to help you. We'd rather just let you deal with it. You wonder why you get no helpful replies... You saying that your game feels fine and then some days feels worse could literally just be a biological issue or something in windows changing (Which both are very likely). The OS/BIOS is usually the issue not the hardware in majority of these cases i've seen. No one is going to help you advanced your knowledge about interference because their is 100000x books & actual engineers that work on these issues that don't have time to go on blurbusters and help some kid with his incorrect diagnosis & explain that he's actually wrong. (It's okay though you can continue to try to solve this issue yourself). You're the expert & I'm sure you've spent thousands of hours learning code & hardware architecture, and OS functions. I'm sure you've also reversed drivers, bypassed limitations intentionally set, flashed unlocked bioses, tuned your spread spectrum settings. PS: spread spectrum settings can help mitigate interference caused by other components nearby & if you're like me and have a ethernet cable routed outside, you should put some sort of ferrite bead or choke on it. Also proper case that shields most EMI & using DC instead of PWM for fans. Basics are important & you don't actually detail your issues so you can't expect anyone to solve your issue. Also you could just have shit RAM that has some issues on the PCB so you might want to tune some of the RAM related settings. :lol:

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 28 Sep 2021, 02:01

28 Sep 2021, 01:10
27 Sep 2021, 02:54

You truly don't understand the complexity of computers. You making a mockery of disabling "power saving features" really says a lot. It's not that you're getting 10 less FPS LOL. They affect latency and cause latency jitter & laptops themselves have many issues especially when it comes to the custom GPU's they have. It's nearly impossible to have latency spikes that high. Those types of fluctuations would cause the system to stall. No offense to this forum (it's a good place) but this forum doesn't even have half of the documentation of tweaks that some discord servers have. If you'd actually give some more detail about how you come to these half assed conclusions I could offer some help. I love how people who don't understand anything about computers think that spread spectrum settings and general system tweaking is useless. Way to show how much you really don't know. Most people would write you off like a mental patient simply because of what you said. None of what you guys talk about makes sense half the times but It's hard to explain that without being really rude & condescending. Power saving features are embedded in almost every part of your system and i'm more than willing to bet money that you don't know how to turn them off. PS: it's because people don't waste their time trying to help you. We'd rather just let you deal with it. You wonder why you get no helpful replies... You saying that your game feels fine and then some days feels worse could literally just be a biological issue or something in windows changing (Which both are very likely). The OS/BIOS is usually the issue not the hardware in majority of these cases i've seen. No one is going to help you advanced your knowledge about interference because their is 100000x books & actual engineers that work on these issues that don't have time to go on blurbusters and help some kid with his incorrect diagnosis & explain that he's actually wrong. (It's okay though you can continue to try to solve this issue yourself). You're the expert & I'm sure you've spent thousands of hours learning code & hardware architecture, and OS functions. I'm sure you've also reversed drivers, bypassed limitations intentionally set, flashed unlocked bioses, tuned your spread spectrum settings. PS: spread spectrum settings can help mitigate interference caused by other components nearby & if you're like me and have a ethernet cable routed outside, you should put some sort of ferrite bead or choke on it. Also proper case that shields most EMI & using DC instead of PWM for fans. Basics are important & you don't actually detail your issues so you can't expect anyone to solve your issue. Also you could just have shit RAM that has some issues on the PCB so you might want to tune some of the RAM related settings. :lol:
Alr lets see how i can explain this to u in terms of things ive tried and how they affect gameplay/overall system latency

Dedicated line - 0/10 benefit
5 different isps and + mobile hotspot - 0/10 benefit
Tweaking settings- 2/10 benefit have already optimized this no need for ur help or input
Trying various (some expensive) audiophile marketed devices- 0/10 benefit
Lifting ground-8/10 benefit lasted a few days then reverted overall its still better lifted
Testing a generator 10/10 for the time i had it (3 days)
As far as symptoms go i would say its kinda hard to explain mostly general system latency in fps games i get very bad desync as well, mostly a feel of low fps even though my fps is high, in terms of testability u would have to measure error correction occurring on the monitor or between the components of the pc so far i havent found a way to do this. Actually my gut tells me the monitor is more affected than the pc because u can have a high input lag monitor and high fps. Anyways hope this clears some stuff up for u any advice? Other than biological issue or mentally ill??? Its not that people dont want to waste their time helping its that people cant (most arent well versed on the topic) in any case i really dont want to waste my time arguing with u stop assuming i have a problem with 1 of my settings

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 28 Sep 2021, 07:58

i can say there are people with same problem, 2 groups of people with this. 1 group have this problem only in their house with his Pcs, so they can change place/house and they are fixed.
But there is 1 group of people like me and i know other guys, we can switch house where is everyone fixed, doesnt matter how many places we try everywhere we have the same problem, yeah for me i tried other places with news PCs, but i have still problem, for me i cannot believe in nothing, how can i fix my input lag/stutter when i have this problem everywhere? it should be some cloud virus or i am that source, maybe i am charged some energy or something but i dont trust any fix in long future, i think never, this is very a miracle and i dont think on this planet live people who can fix it. peace

agendarsky

Post by agendarsky » 29 Sep 2021, 00:31

f1ndus wrote: ↑
28 Sep 2021, 07:58
i can say there are people with same problem, 2 groups of people with this. 1 group have this problem only in their house with his Pcs, so they can change place/house and they are fixed.
But there is 1 group of people like me and i know other guys, we can switch house where is everyone fixed, doesnt matter how many places we try everywhere we have the same problem, yeah for me i tried other places with news PCs, but i have still problem, for me i cannot believe in nothing, how can i fix my input lag/stutter when i have this problem everywhere? it should be some cloud virus or i am that source, maybe i am charged some energy or something but i dont trust any fix in long future, i think never, this is very a miracle and i dont think on this planet live people who can fix it. peace
yea there is indeed 2 groups of people but the symptoms are very very similiar and one thing most of us have familiar is that we had a problem on ups battery.
If you want exclude hw factor try to run your rams in command rate 1t mode but the higher frequency is the most likely you wont be able to run in 1t mode (except you have high end some high end motherboard like basically every csgo pro), but nevermind try lower frequency until you will be able to boot.

JDoe

Post by JDoe » 29 Sep 2021, 01:02

it should be some cloud virus or i am that source, maybe i am charged some energy or something
It's in your head.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 29 Sep 2021, 03:24

JDoe wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2021, 01:02
it should be some cloud virus or i am that source, maybe i am charged some energy or something
It's in your head.
ofcourse bro, thats why when i was on lan and my 144hz monitor looks like 40hz with every few seconds stutter and mouse delayed with eye and my teammates asked me wtf is going on, why you have monitor on 60hz? like many people was playing on my setup and everyone see this shit, its really unplayable any game, doesntt matter which monitor i had years ago 144hz,240hz everything was same shit, tried many PCs with every detail to optimaze bios,softwares and everything, sometimes helped littlebit but time to time goes back to shit again, yeah i played on teammates PCs for test, with internet coffe setups, i know how games should looke like, but when i play on my setup its maybe 20% that good like should be and everyone can see it behind my PC, yeah i had many options becouse i travel to semi pro tournaments a lot 2014-2018 but this problem catch me, and i am very happy about that people who think its in my head :lol: i dont need showing proofs, iam peace with it.. i am sure no one did so much for fix this shit, mooving places,many new PCs,monitors,ups, reconstruction electricity in house, i took 20m cable extension cord from neightbor house to mine, new isps and many many other things, yeah nothing helped, sometimes it was better sometimes perect but everytime come to this shit, yeah i can say sometimes at night its perfect and after morning its become shit again, yeah i dont changing any settings long time and problem is randomly coming away and coming back, thats why is better everything set to default and not spend hundreds hours to optimize