Big Lithium Batteries can solve Bad Electricity Problems (UPS lasting 8 hours)

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
akylen

Re: Big Lithium Batteries can solve Bad Electricity Problems (UPS lasting 8 hours)

Post by akylen » 22 Dec 2021, 15:18

Plznoinputlag wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2021, 13:48
Chief Blur Buster wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2021, 17:35
akylen wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2021, 17:22
06 Oct 2021, 01:38

False.

Bad electricity is never β€œstored”.

The inverters may degrade though, but the cells itself are perfect filters.

EDIT for clarification: Caveat added (interpretation) in subsequent post where bad electricity has a domino effect on battery longevity.
The FALSE point is that batteries are not tape-players on electricity waveforms.
The TRUE point is bad electricity can still degrade inverters/chargers that consequently degrade batteries, in a domino effect.
So you mean if I use for example a laptop pc, and I charge it up to 100%, unplug it, the energy remains dirty, or technically, it can not be stored and therefore be dirty?

If for example I do what I said above, and it still does not work, then could it not come from the electricity?

Sorry for my bad english , i'm using google translate lol

Thanks.
Short answer: No.

Long answer: It's not the same "badness" or "same kind of bad". It's a different kind of bad. For example, bad electricity damages battery or damages battery charger. Battery may behave differently. Charger may behave differently. (Not bad electricity) It's like a power surge that can damage electronics. It's more of a cascade effect or a dominoe effect. Like a charger stops charging a battery properly because an electric surge damaged the electronics inside the charger.
ok so i bought Ecoflow river pro with external battery 1400watt hours and its powering my rig with my monitor benq 2540 4-5 hours on battery but first time i plugged it has 50 percentage and all was perfect but after 30 min of gameplay i decided to charge it to 100% and to check how much time it will actually run on battery and everything became slow and the input lag came back the enemy models are too fast and blurry monitor so i think the batteries affected by the dirty electricity from charging it from my ac outlet and became shit like before ;( !! so its unfixable and i dont know what to do anymore at this time i give up and only solution is to move to other place.
Well actually thats interesting.

delve

Re: Big Lithium Batteries can solve Bad Electricity Problems (UPS lasting 8 hours)

Post by delve » 22 Dec 2021, 15:59

is the battery unplugged from the wall when you run the pc with it?

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 22 Dec 2021, 19:54

delve wrote: ↑
22 Dec 2021, 15:59
yes and the input lag still there but first time plugged my pc and monitor it was perfect until i decide to plug the power station to charge it and then everything came back so the batteries affected by the dirty electricity or something

akylen

Post by akylen » 23 Dec 2021, 01:45

22 Dec 2021, 19:54
yes and the input lag still there but first time plugged my pc and monitor it was perfect until i decide to plug the power station to charge it and then everything came back so the batteries affected by the dirty electricity or something
so it's like electricity is a virus that corrupt every hardware

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 23 Dec 2021, 04:29

23 Dec 2021, 01:45
22 Dec 2021, 19:54
so it's like electricity is a virus that corrupt every hardware
this is a fucking virus sorry for the bad words but im really tired of this problem i tried to fix this 5-6 years and spend alot of money nothing fixing this im dreaming about playing online games normal like other people and enjoy. for all the people who want to buy ups, double conversion pure sine wave and all other ups just dont buy!! its a spend of money the dirty electricity will spread to the battery by charging it and always will come back after some time!! power stabilizer , voltage stabilizer , surge protectors, emi filters, surge protector outlets, lightning strike protectors , capacitors, ferrite cores and all those things are just snake oil(atleast for our problem) are waste of money guys just dont spent the money. my conclusion now is just to move to other place that hasnt that problem. cheers

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Dec 2021, 10:14

It's not a virus.

Probably network latency -- time of day, etc. Bad electricity doesn't get "stored".

However, some modes may have triggered (e.g. different error correction algorithms that feels more laggy) after a brief exposure to interference. (Like how DSL lines can sometimes switch between fastpath and interleaved, changing latency permanently). Different error correction algorithms can "stick" after exposure to interference.

To reset things, shut down everything -- full power off (like unplugged) for all equipment. Wait a few minutes. Power up everything while offgrid. Also interference can be over the air (e.g. induction from a motor in fridge, dryer, washer, etc) so you may be misattributing unrelated interference events or network latency events.

After a fresh powerup in a low-interference environment (already offgrid, all motors off, maybe even all house circuit breakers off temporarily, etc), the default error correction algorithms of all the electronics ideally would resume (unless memorized in nonvolatile memory). Do this completely unpowered-unplugged shutdown followed by a cold restart everytime after you recharge your offgrid battery.

The scientific method must be used, when you're resetting the experimental conditions to the same original variables (e.g. hard reset everything from a powered off state).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

akylen

Post by akylen » 24 Dec 2021, 11:53

23 Dec 2021, 10:14
It's not a virus.

Probably network latency -- time of day, etc. Bad electricity doesn't get "stored".

However, some modes may have triggered (e.g. different error correction algorithms that feels more laggy) after a brief exposure to interference. (Like how DSL lines can sometimes switch between fastpath and interleaved, changing latency permanently). Different error correction algorithms can "stick" after exposure to interference.

To reset things, shut down everything -- full power off (like unplugged) for all equipment. Wait a few minutes. Power up everything while offgrid. Also interference can be over the air (e.g. induction from a motor in fridge, dryer, washer, etc) so you may be misattributing unrelated interference events or network latency events.

After a fresh powerup in a low-interference environment (already offgrid, all motors off, maybe even all house circuit breakers off temporarily, etc), the default error correction algorithms of all the electronics ideally would resume (unless memorized in nonvolatile memory). Do this completely unpowered-unplugged shutdown followed by a cold restart everytime after you recharge your offgrid battery.

The scientific method must be used, when you're resetting the experimental conditions to the same original variables (e.g. hard reset everything from a powered off state).
Could it be possible that having two monitor whatever the model cause somes lags ? and having only one doesn't ?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Dec 2021, 12:32

24 Dec 2021, 11:53
Could it be possible that having two monitor whatever the model cause somes lags ? and having only one doesn't ?
Yes, having two different-Hz monitors can add lag to each other, because Windows can only sync to one monitor at a time.

You can use fullscreen exclusive on the primary (not borderless) to solve the problem, however.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

akylen

Post by akylen » 24 Dec 2021, 12:35

24 Dec 2021, 12:32
24 Dec 2021, 11:53
Yes, having two different-Hz monitors can add lag to each other, because Windows can only sync to one monitor at a time.

You can use fullscreen exclusive on the primary (not borderless) to solve the problem, however.
Thanks.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Feb 2022, 20:57

22 Dec 2021, 13:48
ok so i bought Ecoflow river pro with external battery 1400watt hours and its powering my rig with my monitor benq 2540 4-5 hours on battery but first time i plugged it has 50 percentage and all was perfect but after 30 min of gameplay i decided to charge it to 100% and to check how much time it will actually run on battery and everything became slow and the input lag came back the enemy models are too fast and blurry monitor so i think the batteries affected by the dirty electricity from charging it from my ac outlet and became shit like before ;( !! so its unfixable and i dont know what to do anymore at this time i give up and only solution is to move to other place.
It does not fix everyone's problems.

Also, have you tried removing all wires (including Ethernet) and floating yourself above Earth ground, when going offgrid? Sometimes bad electricity problems is a bad ground (e.g. ground fault in apartment tower).

Decoupling yourself from Earth Ground is Occasionally Necessary
To avoid unfixable ground problems, can require you to float yourself above the Earth ground, by putting a non-conductive plastic mat undernath your computer desk legs, chair legs, and your feet -- to avoid ground fault behaviours. Unplug everything that touches the real world (Ethernet, chargers, AC adaptors, etc). No metal, no wire touching the outside world.

Just like power transmission pylon inspection workers who can touch 500 kilovolt power transmission lines with their bare hands relatively safely -- because they're not touching the Earth at the same time. (Live Line Working). They only get killed if they touch the line AND touch the planet Earth (or any conductor connected to Earth) at the same time.

You can exercise this "power transmission line worker" principle to your offgrid computer, for even better EMI protection from an apartment tower's defective grounding / ground fault. These things you cannot fix (especially in countries with lax laws on forcing landlords to fix building electrical problems)

1. Float your rig off Earth ground (nonconductive material under your chair/desk/feet & your offgrid battery)
2. Zero wires (no Ethernet, no plugs, no power bars, etc) touching the outside world.

Doing both #1 and #2 concurrently increases the chance your brute-force EMI fix succeeds.

Now, remember, this brute force fix only increases your likelihood. This tip can turn a sub-1% crapshoot to a decent above-20%-chance-of-fix. Imagine, guesstimate let's say 20%, of EMI problems without needing to move. Yes, 80 users out of 100 will still complain, but that's 20 happy users who don't need to move.

There's so many kinds of EMI that those looking to save time, can only brute-force some of this. with this offgridding technique.