Found Fix

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Aceankit

Found Fix

Post by Aceankit » 20 Oct 2021, 17:37

Hi everyone , I have been researching forever , had bad mouse movements , inconsistent, controller sensitivity keeps changing when I touch my wires, had the electricity guy come to my house every week , tried blur busters (any every other available site)everyday to see if someone has a fix. Have this since 2013.
I have 1 ms ping , seems like lag , get hit marker delays.. bought the best equipment available , nothing made it better.
Bought a local made power conditioner . Was better for a 2-3 days then it get back to being laggy.
I called my electrician .. he had no answers like always , I have wiring running bare in room for an additional outlet., I somehow got an idea of removing those wires.. after that I got to know since my wiring hasn’t been changed since past 20 years.. the wiring of my home wasn’t properly shielded , had leakage current in wires my other outlets , and the bare running wires was causing (huge eltromagnetic radius ) that’s was affecting my other electronics . My hdmi would go blank sometimes , when some one at home would switch on/off the fan sometimes , I have got my room a new electric connection directly from the meter of my building (used new wires double shielded ) and everything feels different gameplay stutters have gone I can seee opponents moving can track them , not getting any hit markers , consistent cursor and joystick movement smooth as shit.
I hope this helps other people who are frustrated in this cause .

Mugabi

Re: Found Fix

Post by Mugabi » 21 Oct 2021, 03:21

nice, keep testing it and tell us what u have

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 21 Oct 2021, 05:39

Yes, this is what I suspect too. Found out that I have 6-10 mA leakage (it means ~23kΩ insulation resistance but 2MΩ required so this is really something) and electrician gonna check it tommorow.

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 21 Oct 2021, 20:46

very interesting

g00d8y3

Post by g00d8y3 » 22 Oct 2021, 01:47

Aceankit wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 17:37
Hi everyone , I have been researching forever , had bad mouse movements , inconsistent, controller sensitivity keeps changing when I touch my wires, had the electricity guy come to my house every week , tried blur busters (any every other available site)everyday to see if someone has a fix. Have this since 2013.
I have 1 ms ping , seems like lag , get hit marker delays.. bought the best equipment available , nothing made it better.
Bought a local made power conditioner . Was better for a 2-3 days then it get back to being laggy.
I called my electrician .. he had no answers like always , I have wiring running bare in room for an additional outlet., I somehow got an idea of removing those wires.. after that I got to know since my wiring hasn’t been changed since past 20 years.. the wiring of my home wasn’t properly shielded , had leakage current in wires my other outlets , and the bare running wires was causing (huge eltromagnetic radius ) that’s was affecting my other electronics . My hdmi would go blank sometimes , when some one at home would switch on/off the fan sometimes , I have got my room a new electric connection directly from the meter of my building (used new wires double shielded ) and everything feels different gameplay stutters have gone I can seee opponents moving can track them , not getting any hit markers , consistent cursor and joystick movement smooth as shit.
I hope this helps other people who are frustrated in this cause .
Someone said they didnt fix their problem with dc power like pure sine wave double conversion ups and portable power station but when u use shielded wires, u fix. Interesting.

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 22 Oct 2021, 05:12

nice joke...

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 Oct 2021, 12:05

g00d8y3 wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 01:47
Someone said they didnt fix their problem with dc power like pure sine wave double conversion ups and portable power station but when u use shielded wires, u fix. Interesting.
That's normal for one solution to work for some, and the other solution to not work.

It's always interesting how different solutions work, but it's all independently different correct solutions to different kinds of EMI problems.
naporitan wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 05:12
nice joke...
Read this thread about Scientific Legitimacy of EMI Problems before you make those posts.
Call out the joke surgically -- I don't see one. Until then, I do not think it is a joke.
Forum rules are stricter in the EMI topic, for the reasons explained here.

Wired EMI from power socket: May be sometimes fixed by offgrid power station.
Wireless EMI from elsewhere: May be sometimes fixed by shielded wires.

Some people have both problems, other people only have one or the other.
  • Example of wired EMI:
    Bad noise/harmonics/etc in the mains power (transmitting interference over the wire)
    -- Shielded wires rarely help this.
    -- Going offgrid is more likely to help this.
  • Example of wireless EMI (from EMFs):
    Living mere meters away from high voltage transmission wires (transmitting interference over the air)
    -- Shielded wires sometimes can help (to a point, but if EMI becomes too strong for the shield, you need a stronger/thicker shield too)
    -- Going offgrid won't help because you're still living next to the high voltage wires.
Do not confuse the two.
Wired interference.
Wireless interference.

Do not make fun of other people with a different EMI problem.
Do not joke about this.
It's a frustrating problem for some.
RESPECT!

EMI can be tiny (minor nuisance) or huge (EMP league).
EMI is location specific.
Some systems are more EMI sensitive than others.
Therefore EMI is rig specific & person specific.

Like noise can sound different of different loudnesses and different frequencies -- EMI noise are like snowflakes -- no two EMI are alike. Remember, audio (sound) that you can hear is only 20Hz to 20KHz, but electromagnetic spectrum is massively bigger, like an atom (size of hearable sound spectrum) versus the galaxy (size of electromagnetic spectrum). So many orders of magnitude difference in the size of a spectrum.

Now... EMI covers many orders of magnitude wider range of frequencies, so it's a far more complex "sound" (that you can't hear), with far more orders of magnitude, many more octave-equivalent of dynamic range, and wider ranges of decibels worth of noise (power level of EMI). We aren't Geordi with the special visor (of Star Trek The Next Generation) where he can "see" all frequencies. So we can never dream to know exactly what kind of EMI problem a specific person may have. Even many interference measuring tools may only hear "some" of the EMI.

Fortunately, at least we know some common causes of EMI. Like a malfunctioning appliance or a high voltage transmission tower above your house (some countries builds homes/buildings under high voltage wires in the 100s of kilovolts). But there are many hidden EMIs that we can't easily trace -- e.g. bad mains, or a neighbour's very old appliance we can't see or hear, etc. However, the knowledge means we can attempt to do common mitigations like offgridding AND shielded wires.

Sometimes we have to buckshot (larger attack surface) to trying to solve EMI problems by simultaneously using shielded wires AND offgridding (lithium power stations), if we're unsure if the interference is wired or wireless or both. If you have the money to do all (and find it easier to spend the money than other alternatives), that is a legitimate hail-mary approach too. But many should try lower-lying apple troubleshoots since it's not always certain it's even interference-related at all.

You need different mitigations for different kinds of EMI. These fixes don't always work for other people. It is a mistake when you think "EMI" is just one problem.

Terminology Glossary
EMF - Electromagnetic Fields
EMI - Electromagnetic Interference (EMF can create EMI, the wireless EMF injects an EMI into a wire via induction)
Interference - Generic term for all above

Most people don't have this problem with their computers. However, unfortuntaly, it is a real problem that does sometimes cascade to real input latencies in certain situations. However, it is a scapegoat for other kinds of non-EMI latency problems too, so there is a huge temptation to call out mis-troubleshooting. Wild goose chases to many red herring, since interference problems are so hard to troubleshoot. However, it is not a joke that EMI problems are fixed by different solutions, as explained above!

However, it is never a joke, all these different types of EMI that may affect 1 in 1000 people.
It's excruciatingly frustrating to these poor souls.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 22 Oct 2021, 14:40

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 12:05
g00d8y3 wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 01:47
That's normal for one solution to work for some, and the other solution to not work.

It's always interesting how different solutions work, but it's all independently different correct solutions to different kinds of EMI problems.
naporitan wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 05:12
nice joke...
Read this thread about Scientific Legitimacy of EMI Problems before you make those posts.
Call out the joke surgically -- I don't see one. Until then, I do not think it is a joke.
Forum rules are stricter in the EMI topic, for the reasons explained here.

Wired EMI from power socket: May be sometimes fixed by offgrid power station.
Wireless EMI from elsewhere: May be sometimes fixed by shielded wires.

Some people have both problems, other people only have one or the other.
  • Example of wired EMI:
    Bad noise/harmonics/etc in the mains power (transmitting interference over the wire)
    -- Shielded wires rarely help this.
    -- Going offgrid is more likely to help this.
  • Example of wireless EMI (from EMFs):
    Living mere meters away from high voltage transmission wires (transmitting interference over the air)
    -- Shielded wires sometimes can help (to a point, but if EMI becomes too strong for the shield, you need a stronger/thicker shield too)
    -- Going offgrid won't help because you're still living next to the high voltage wires.
Do not confuse the two.
Wired interference.
Wireless interference.

Do not make fun of other people with a different EMI problem.
Do not joke about this.
It's a frustrating problem for some.
RESPECT!

EMI can be tiny (minor nuisance) or huge (EMP league).
EMI is location specific.
Some systems are more EMI sensitive than others.
Therefore EMI is rig specific & person specific.

Like noise can sound different of different loudnesses and different frequencies -- EMI noise are like snowflakes -- no two EMI are alike. Remember, audio (sound) that you can hear is only 20Hz to 20KHz, but electromagnetic spectrum is massively bigger, like an atom (size of hearable sound spectrum) versus the galaxy (size of electromagnetic spectrum). So many orders of magnitude difference in the size of a spectrum.

Now... EMI covers many orders of magnitude wider range of frequencies, so it's a far more complex "sound" (that you can't hear), with far more orders of magnitude, many more octave-equivalent of dynamic range, and wider ranges of decibels worth of noise (power level of EMI). We aren't Geordi with the special visor (of Star Trek The Next Generation) where he can "see" all frequencies. So we can never dream to know exactly what kind of EMI problem a specific person may have. Even many interference measuring tools may only hear "some" of the EMI.

Fortunately, at least we know some common causes of EMI. Like a malfunctioning appliance or a high voltage transmission tower above your house (some countries builds homes/buildings under high voltage wires in the 100s of kilovolts). But there are many hidden EMIs that we can't easily trace -- e.g. bad mains, or a neighbour's very old appliance we can't see or hear, etc. However, the knowledge means we can attempt to do common mitigations like offgridding AND shielded wires.

Sometimes we have to buckshot (larger attack surface) to trying to solve EMI problems by simultaneously using shielded wires AND offgridding (lithium power stations), if we're unsure if the interference is wired or wireless or both. If you have the money to do all (and find it easier to spend the money than other alternatives), that is a legitimate hail-mary approach too. But many should try lower-lying apple troubleshoots since it's not always certain it's even interference-related at all.

You need different mitigations for different kinds of EMI. These fixes don't always work for other people. It is a mistake when you think "EMI" is just one problem.

Terminology Glossary
EMF - Electromagnetic Fields
EMI - Electromagnetic Interference (EMF can create EMI, the wireless EMF injects an EMI into a wire via induction)
Interference - Generic term for all above

Most people don't have this problem with their computers. However, unfortuntaly, it is a real problem that does sometimes cascade to real input latencies in certain situations. However, it is a scapegoat for other kinds of non-EMI latency problems too, so there is a huge temptation to call out mis-troubleshooting. Wild goose chases to many red herring, since interference problems are so hard to troubleshoot. However, it is not a joke that EMI problems are fixed by different solutions, as explained above!

However, it is never a joke, all these different types of EMI that may affect 1 in 1000 people.
It's excruciatingly frustrating to these poor souls.
Im a poor soul !
Governments should spend a small percentage of tax payer money to us (emi victims), i personally have suffered alot by this, my mental health is at its absolute worse since the covid lockdown, i need to do good in video games otherwise what good am i?

Aceankit

Post by Aceankit » 22 Oct 2021, 20:11

What’s wrong with you man , Dude just relax why are you in this forums if you don’t need anyone’s advice or experience ,anyway take care.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 29 Oct 2021, 23:06

Still great?