‏Some tests about the most complex problem in history

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
nyxo100

Re: ‏Some tests about the most complex problem in history

Post by nyxo100 » 29 Oct 2021, 21:38

Mugabi wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 18:27
what i have concluded from browsing too many forums+reading too many theories+ trying myself is this:

1- there are some pc's who get affected more so than other pc's
2-any affected pc doesn't get back to normal if u change location+psu+conditooner, if it do get back to normal, it stays normal up to 1 week MAX.
3-this issue i suspect is caused by electricity/harmonics that affect the circuits of your sweet sweet motherboard,gpu,cpu u name it. it affects everythang
4-this issue can be fixed (by 50-60%)for up to 10-12 minutes by fresh windows install, sometimes up to 1 hour if you get lucky
5-this issue can be account-related, i talked to 2400+ elo players who confirmed they lag in some accounts compared to other accounts and how that lag returns after a while in those accounts,its true.

due to my above observations, I suggest the following :

1- do not waste your time trying to fix this issue by bios/windows tweeking
2-do not waste time trying to replace one single pc part and leaving other pc parts unchanged
3-do not try to change ISP because it ain't it :lol: :lol:

this brings me to my final soultion which is :
get a brand new pc and monitor and a brand new account
but make sure the place you play in has good electricty, good harmonics
how can you do that ?
try to ask people in reddit/your friends in facebook who are very good at fps games (preferably csgo, who cares about fortnight lol)
about their exact location, pick one location that satisfies you the most, bring your all new hardware (the whole new pc+ new monitor +new mouse+new keybaord+new headphone+new usb cables) and live in that place,
congrats my son, you will do these shots every single round
no makes sense to me because i have HEAVY input lag in the day but when i play at 3AM to 11AM my input lag is totally gone and works smooth and clean as fuck

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 29 Oct 2021, 21:48

nyxo100 wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 21:38
Mugabi wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 18:27
what i have concluded from browsing too many forums+reading too many theories+ trying myself is this:

1- there are some pc's who get affected more so than other pc's
2-any affected pc doesn't get back to normal if u change location+psu+conditooner, if it do get back to normal, it stays normal up to 1 week MAX.
3-this issue i suspect is caused by electricity/harmonics that affect the circuits of your sweet sweet motherboard,gpu,cpu u name it. it affects everythang
4-this issue can be fixed (by 50-60%)for up to 10-12 minutes by fresh windows install, sometimes up to 1 hour if you get lucky
5-this issue can be account-related, i talked to 2400+ elo players who confirmed they lag in some accounts compared to other accounts and how that lag returns after a while in those accounts,its true.

due to my above observations, I suggest the following :

1- do not waste your time trying to fix this issue by bios/windows tweeking
2-do not waste time trying to replace one single pc part and leaving other pc parts unchanged
3-do not try to change ISP because it ain't it :lol: :lol:

this brings me to my final soultion which is :
get a brand new pc and monitor and a brand new account
but make sure the place you play in has good electricty, good harmonics
how can you do that ?
try to ask people in reddit/your friends in facebook who are very good at fps games (preferably csgo, who cares about fortnight lol)
about their exact location, pick one location that satisfies you the most, bring your all new hardware (the whole new pc+ new monitor +new mouse+new keybaord+new headphone+new usb cables) and live in that place,
congrats my son, you will do these shots every single round
no makes sense to me because i have HEAVY input lag in the day but when i play at 3AM to 11AM my input lag is totally gone and works smooth and clean as fuck
well ur lucky then can we trade places? i have lag 24-7 all the time, at day,at night, in the evenings .
so u have this lag that comes and goes in online games or also on offline ?

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 17 Jan 2022, 15:16

Mohammedlawej99 wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 06:50
‏Trust me, this problem has something to do with electricity My laptop has been perfect for a year, I have not had any problems with it. Every game, especially competitive games, did not have any delays. 144Hz is 144Hz Sound quality is so clean ,the screen is also so clean After I traveled to China 144hz is 30hz, sound is trash I can’t hear nothing 1080p is 600p or something I never changed anything, Clean install Windows and nothing changed Then I noticed that the delay affected both of my phones when i play CLASH ROYAL for example when i put a card there are a delay it never show immediately,keyboard lag when typing the animations is fucked it hurts my eyes. I definitely said it was an internet problem But no, I am in China, where there are perhaps one of the strongest internet networks in the world I changed the service provider, nothing changed I built a new computer with no internet connection = the problem is still here I brought him back to a clean environment(my country where i never knew about this problem and everyone there), the problem is still here This problem is causing a mess in the hardware and not
‏working properly

‏I can even prove to you which parts are causing this problem by changing each one of them separately and running tests on them. But I don't have the money bro I can not spend thousands of dollars on parts and put them on the old device may transmit the same infection to it? The only thing I will do is sell everything related to it even the cables and the screen Buying everything new, I just don't have enough money During these three years, I spent thousands of thousands of dollars on nothing
Just trying to bring in new ideas here...
I can only think one thing that can cause something like this: magnetization. I am not talking here about AC magnetic fields but DC magnetic fields. After reading these forums for some time a few people are calling it like a "virus". It is not but can act like it.

See this short video:
About watches, magnetization and demagnetization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ1RUrbyYuo

What causes magnetization?
Electric currents and AC magnetic fields are the main causes. So yes, EMI can cause it too.

Sadly I don't know how to demagnetize whole computers, parts and so on. I don't know if it is even possible do so without braking them.

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 20 Jan 2022, 05:50

This quote is from thread: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6498&start=880#p73091

I use it here because it is relevant.

*******Hello. So my problem looks exactly the same as most of those here. It stared in May 2020, then I didn't understand what it could be, since I didn't find the problem in my PC and change 3 ISP's with different ethernet cable's didn't solve anything either. I used 2 VPN but nothing change's. My next step be change new PC, so i do it and you all know what's happened. (Yeah problem was on my new pc too). My mind just blow up. I have problem like ghosting, bad hit registration, mouse feel's sometimes heavy, game's looks like they laggin but it still 150+ fps, it looks like i play on monitor 60hz with 50 fps ( I have 144hz btw), sometime when i click on my mouse to shoot i see stutter like game freeze's. And yeah it's almost impossible to play in the evening, only during the day or at night. When I found forums like this and read that the problem might be electrical, i go with my PC, monitor and mouse (yea mouse) to my brother friend, he live's in 1km from my house and this problem was not there. Idk what to say.

I can guess because of what maybe there is an electrical problem. I live in Moscow and workers right outside our house began to do the reconstruction of the subway in may 2020 i think when it's started. In June 2021 the light went out in our house at one moment, my pc off. After turning on all the electricity in our house, I turned on my pc and started playing and this problem disappeared for me, but after 30 mins everything was back. I used emi filters but it doesn't help me. Idk sometime just wanna cry. ******

What I think is the problem:

DC currents (also dirty electricity i.e. EMI) riding on AC wires → Transformer core saturation → interference → and if this happens for long enough: magnetization.

”Transformer core saturation is undesirable because it releases a leakage field of magnetic flux to induce currents in nearby circuitry. Even worse, this saturation happens cyclically (100 Hz or 120 Hz) and so produces bursts of interference with harmonics extending to radio frequencies. Sharper saturation produces a greater proportion of higher harmonics in the leakage field.”

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/en ... saturation

This would explain why these problems vary (between people) at the time of day. And also why these problems are expanding. More devices and ”stuff” on environment (including electric car chargers, inverters for solar, heat pumps and so on) that creates some DC currents on AC wires. DC currents can travel very long distances on AC wires.

What I am trying to say here is that you need to take into account also DC fields.

Solution:

Has anyone tried something like these?

http://www.jenving.com/products/view/ma ... 3024000683

DC-filtering blocks. These are quite expensive.

I have supra block with 6 sockets (with dirty electricity filter for lower frequencies starting at 2 kHz-10 MHz) and it is really great but I don't have this new model with DC filter.

Final thoughts

There is not a single solution, like some people here had grounding issues and have fixed it (as I have read) and so on. The cause could also be large radius AC magnetic fields. This is a very complex issue.

I have been studying EMFs (magnetic, electric, RF and dirty electricity) now for a 2 years. Over time I have focused on more magnetic fields and dirty electricity (EMI). You ask why? Because most materials won’t block any magnetic fields.

nif.pdf
Supra RFI filter (-20dB means 99% reduction)
(291.92 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 24 Jan 2022, 10:06

cybepine wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 05:50
This quote is from thread: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6498&start=880#p73091

I use it here because it is relevant.

*******Hello. So my problem looks exactly the same as most of those here. It stared in May 2020, then I didn't understand what it could be, since I didn't find the problem in my PC and change 3 ISP's with different ethernet cable's didn't solve anything either. I used 2 VPN but nothing change's. My next step be change new PC, so i do it and you all know what's happened. (Yeah problem was on my new pc too). My mind just blow up. I have problem like ghosting, bad hit registration, mouse feel's sometimes heavy, game's looks like they laggin but it still 150+ fps, it looks like i play on monitor 60hz with 50 fps ( I have 144hz btw), sometime when i click on my mouse to shoot i see stutter like game freeze's. And yeah it's almost impossible to play in the evening, only during the day or at night. When I found forums like this and read that the problem might be electrical, i go with my PC, monitor and mouse (yea mouse) to my brother friend, he live's in 1km from my house and this problem was not there. Idk what to say.

I can guess because of what maybe there is an electrical problem. I live in Moscow and workers right outside our house began to do the reconstruction of the subway in may 2020 i think when it's started. In June 2021 the light went out in our house at one moment, my pc off. After turning on all the electricity in our house, I turned on my pc and started playing and this problem disappeared for me, but after 30 mins everything was back. I used emi filters but it doesn't help me. Idk sometime just wanna cry. ******

What I think is the problem:

DC currents (also dirty electricity i.e. EMI) riding on AC wires → Transformer core saturation → interference → and if this happens for long enough: magnetization.

”Transformer core saturation is undesirable because it releases a leakage field of magnetic flux to induce currents in nearby circuitry. Even worse, this saturation happens cyclically (100 Hz or 120 Hz) and so produces bursts of interference with harmonics extending to radio frequencies. Sharper saturation produces a greater proportion of higher harmonics in the leakage field.”

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/en ... saturation

This would explain why these problems vary (between people) at the time of day. And also why these problems are expanding. More devices and ”stuff” on environment (including electric car chargers, inverters for solar, heat pumps and so on) that creates some DC currents on AC wires. DC currents can travel very long distances on AC wires.

What I am trying to say here is that you need to take into account also DC fields.

Solution:

Has anyone tried something like these?

http://www.jenving.com/products/view/ma ... 3024000683

DC-filtering blocks. These are quite expensive.

I have supra block with 6 sockets (with dirty electricity filter for lower frequencies starting at 2 kHz-10 MHz) and it is really great but I don't have this new model with DC filter.

Final thoughts

There is not a single solution, like some people here had grounding issues and have fixed it (as I have read) and so on. The cause could also be large radius AC magnetic fields. This is a very complex issue.

I have been studying EMFs (magnetic, electric, RF and dirty electricity) now for a 2 years. Over time I have focused on more magnetic fields and dirty electricity (EMI). You ask why? Because most materials won’t block any magnetic fields.

nif.pdf

Wouldn't a good grade Double Conversion UPS with pure sine-wave produce better results than whatever this would? I checked the price on their so called DC blocker and its at 500+ euro. And their newest model which is a power block with a built in dc blocker costs over 800 euros. That is borderline insanity.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 24 Jan 2022, 11:59

Wouldn't a good grade Double Conversion UPS with pure sine-wave produce better results than whatever this would? I checked the price on their so called DC blocker and its at 500+ euro. And their newest model which is a power block with a built in dc blocker costs over 800 euros. That is borderline insanity.
No. You should not use UPS at all. Please check my link below (5 Types of equipment which generates the most harmonics)

Yes, these are damn expensive. Should not be so expensive. I paid 130 euros (older model). Same thing with graphics cards right now.

I found these cheaper ones too:

https://www.atlhifi.com/shop/fully-asse ... d-in-case/

https://www.atlhifi.com/product-categor ... d-devices/

I cannot guarantee these will fix these issues, because I don't have this problem yet. But I think it will be here soon[tm]. When they start installing more electrical car charging stations, heat pumps, solar panels...

Test to do if you think you have electrical problem:

Turn down all circuit breakers and turn up only the circuit breaker (remember to keep fridge on etc) that you use. Use only grounded outlet. For example from kitchen or nearby room. Unplug all things from kitchen or that room. Use long power cord if necessary. Turn down all electrify near your computer, so that there is no any electrical fields near your computer. Only plug monitor, PC, mouse, keyboard, speakers + internet on power cord block. Test your games both online, offline (unplug internet too) and different times of the day if possible. Take notes...

If you still have problems it is most likely electrical (EMI, DC) or grounding issue. Call an electrician. Or if only in online games → Internet issues.

If not, it was because of some of your devices (e.g. solar panel inverter, heat pump, induction cooker hob, televisions, computers), gadgets or lamps (e.g. CFL, dimmers, in some cases even LED). Or some issue in other wiring/circuit.

You will need to do some detective work from now on… Then also call the electrician, if you think the issue is in the wiring.

Please see this thread for more. Great tips!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9345

Request the electrician:

-Check that grounding is good→ low impedance
-Check that there are no currents on water pipes
-Measure that there are no currents or voltages on grounding wires in the electrical panel.
-Measure THD (Total harmonic distortion). Have the utility/electrician address power quality if THD > 5% (per IEEE-519 Std)

-If you have a sub panel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcDZ_JSuo-k

That neutrals and grounds are not on same metal bar. And no currents or voltages on grounding wires.

I classify harmonics under EMI.

"One of the main source of harmonics are power rectifiers, which can be found in railway and subway substations and metal industry."

What is harmonics and how can we reduce harmonics?

https://forumautomation.com/t/what-is-h ... onics/8239

5 Types of equipment which generates the most harmonics

https://electrical-engineering-portal.c ... -harmonics
Last edited by cybepine on 26 Jan 2022, 12:45, edited 3 times in total.

dervu

Post by dervu » 24 Jan 2022, 12:27

Let me save you from disappointment. DC blockers doesn't work for this issue. Well, they do - as everything else - temporarily.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

kriegsnake

Post by kriegsnake » 24 Jan 2022, 21:41

agendarsky wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 14:01
its local interference from your motherboard, possibly from vrm mosfets dunno how its related to house power delivery but try to change your cpu switching frequency to lowest possible (250khz is lowest for me , z390 prime-a), msi motherboards have also option to change northbridge switching frequency. many things explained here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_QooqL3-tI
Hey there. I have msi z270 gaming plus motherboard and I don't have cpu switching frequency, I only have FLCK Frequency for Early power on. It was 1000khz by default, i switched to 400 ( there was 1000,800,400 ) , rebooted and felt a better hitreg, is it the option you are talking about?

wadge

Post by wadge » 25 Jan 2022, 11:09

dervu wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 12:27
Let me save you from disappointment. DC blockers doesn't work for this issue. Well, they do - as everything else - temporarily.
So what then, a portable power battery like this one : https://eu.ecoflow.com/products/ecoflow ... 2659221668 ?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 26 Jan 2022, 05:55

dervu wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 12:27
Have you tried them? Have you heard of anyone trying them?
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini