Possible solution to dirty electricity (EMI/RFI) in common homes

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Anonymous768119

Re: Possible solution to dirty electricity (EMI/RFI) in common homes

Post by Anonymous768119 » 04 Nov 2021, 06:54

Maybe post photos of what you exactly exchanged. Model of smart meter, type of old meter etc.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 04 Nov 2021, 07:51

Plznoinputlag wrote: ↑
04 Nov 2021, 06:17
Mugabi wrote: ↑
04 Nov 2021, 03:28
03 Nov 2021, 23:25
BigBoi wrote: ↑
03 Nov 2021, 20:04

When did you make the switch? Doesn't matter if one is new or old as long as they aren't smart meters.

mine is fixed holy shit
U fixed it by switching from smart to dumb meter? Keep testing it more
i changed to very old electric meter(manual) not smart and the input lag are gone. for now its all good
Hopefully it remains this way

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 04 Nov 2021, 08:03

04 Nov 2021, 07:51
04 Nov 2021, 06:17
04 Nov 2021, 03:28
03 Nov 2021, 23:25

mine is fixed holy shit
U fixed it by switching from smart to dumb meter? Keep testing it more
i changed to very old electric meter(manual) not smart and the input lag are gone. for now its all good
Hopefully it remains this way
The input are gone like u never die behind walls when u want to escape from someone (CSGO) if u understand what i mean. the spray feels more accurate and the games feels a little bit smoother. but i had a problem with the enemys movement are faster than usual like speeding the youtube video more than normal i dont know how to explain this so this thing isnt fixed but still playable.

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 04 Nov 2021, 09:30

04 Nov 2021, 08:03
The input are gone like u never die behind walls when u want to escape from someone (CSGO) if u understand what i mean. the spray feels more accurate and the games feels a little bit smoother. but i had a problem with the enemys movement are faster than usual like speeding the youtube video more than normal i dont know how to explain this so this thing isnt fixed but still playable.

The posts of people that are saying that they've tried different places and the problem was still there could've been them moving with another smart meter where as those saying it fixed it have moved to where there was a non smart meter. All that without knowing. I also remember that guy saying that after moving it didn't feel perfect until he changed his entire setup but I'm not sure if his issue was tied to what we're talking about here. Also right now I'm currently waiting for an electrician to come and replace our meter.

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 04 Nov 2021, 09:57

BigBoi wrote: ↑
04 Nov 2021, 09:30
04 Nov 2021, 08:03

The posts of people that are saying that they've tried different places and the problem was still there could've been them moving with another smart meter where as those saying it fixed it have moved to where there was a non smart meter. All that without knowing. I also remember that guy saying that after moving it didn't feel perfect until he changed his entire setup but I'm not sure if his issue was tied to what we're talking about here. Also right now I'm currently waiting for an electrician to come and replace our meter.
yes i have ups that when i play with only battery all the input lag are gone but when u connect to the ac to charge it it becomes heavy and laggy :(

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 04 Nov 2021, 11:53

Lithium battery might be the best investment to be made here

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 04 Nov 2021, 12:08

04 Nov 2021, 11:53
You have rgb ram.... I just looked through the old post lol. Come on bruh πŸ˜‚. If I’m not mistaken some of those hoards have a faulty plane design. If you want to talk so I can help you, dm me on Twitter. For the record I know how crippling variable latency is. I play at a really high level and it’s pretty common.

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 04 Nov 2021, 13:10

Eonds wrote: ↑
04 Nov 2021, 12:08
04 Nov 2021, 11:53
You have rgb ram.... I just looked through the old post lol. Come on bruh πŸ˜‚. If I’m not mistaken some of those hoards have a faulty plane design. If you want to talk so I can help you, dm me on Twitter. For the record I know how crippling variable latency is. I play at a really high level and it’s pretty common.
i have rgb ram too , rgb causing lags?

delve

Post by delve » 04 Nov 2021, 13:32

ok, i checked i only have a digital meter but no communication module, so NO smart meter. Nevertheless the problem is still there even without smart meter for me.

wadge

Post by wadge » 04 Nov 2021, 14:40

Nobody here have tried a lithium battery to run his pc ?