ELECTRICITY INPUT LAG.. HOW I FIXED IT?!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
1NAMICU

ELECTRICITY INPUT LAG.. HOW I FIXED IT?!

Post by 1NAMICU » 12 Nov 2021, 18:57

Hi guys! i don't wanna make this post too long so i start with:
"Symptoms":
1.INPUT LAG - this is the main problem MOUSE/KEYBOARD
2.MONITOR - feeling of 40 hz on a 60/120/144/240hz monitor
3.INTERNET - Bad hit registration with good ping /0 loss, wifi connection lost at different times and distances.
4.SOUND - Bad sound quality, lower than normal
5.DESYNC - in competitive games you get beat behind the walls and no time to react at enemy moves

FIX: First of all this is a problem in [my] house and not power company, transformers or pc bios/windows settings.!

My problem was a broken electrical wiring burnt in the wall that acted like an antenna and spread EMI in all my electrical installation.

This is what my electrician said:

A broken cable wire will result in 0 mA current flow, which makes it easy to detect a cable error. If voltage signals are used, the broken wiring act like an antenna. EMI can easily induce a voltage onto the wires, making cable break detection unreliable when voltage signals are used.

After i rewire my house my pc was perfect! moving fast and no more input lag/bad hitreg, 101% better sound.
What didn't change was the monitor with same feeling 40 hz that i replace it with new one witch working good now... same 144hz model.

To fix this issue you need to find from where it comes. For me it was the wire from my second room that is connected to an outlet but it can be from light or any electrical installation in your home.

You need to test.. first turn down all circuit breakers and turn up only the circuit breaker that is for your outlet/outlets in your room/s if you don't see any improvement on the issue then the problem is in that circuit.If you have any outlets on different circuit breaker turn it up and rest down and see any improvements.If it works really better you have EMI from another circuit.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: ELECTRICITY INPUT LAG.. HOW I FIXED IT?!

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Nov 2021, 22:51

The ‘turn off all circuit breakers except computer” is a useful blunt diagnostic tool, yes.

(Not all EMI is caused by broken wires acting as antennas, but turning off electricity to everything except computer can help determine if it’s a more in-house bad-electricity problem)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 13 Nov 2021, 00:46

I ordered a power quality analyzer, so we'll see what it shows. And I'm sure that in my case the problem is not coming from the wiring.
you can monitor the movement of the analyzer with me :P https://www.pochta.ru/tracking#ED189327429RU

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 13 Nov 2021, 18:58

1NAMICU wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 18:57
"Symptoms":
3.INTERNET - Bad hit registration with good ping /0 loss, wifi connection lost at different times and distances.
5.DESYNC - in competitive games you get beat behind the walls and no time to react at enemy moves

FIX: First of all this is a problem in [my] house and not power company, transformers or pc bios/windows settings.!

My problem was a broken electrical wiring burnt in the wall that acted like an antenna and spread EMI in all my electrical installation.

A broken cable wire will result in 0 mA current flow, which makes it easy to detect a cable error. If voltage signals are used, the broken wiring act like an antenna. EMI can easily induce a voltage onto the wires, making cable break detection unreliable when voltage signals are used.

After i rewire my house my pc was perfect! moving fast and no more input lag/bad hitreg, 101% better sound.
What didn't change was the monitor with same feeling 40 hz that i replace it with new one witch working good now... same 144hz model.

To fix this issue you need to find from where it comes. For me it was the wire from my second room that is connected to an outlet but it can be from light or any electrical installation in your home.

You need to test.. first turn down all circuit breakers and turn up only the circuit breaker that is for your outlet/outlets in your room/s if you don't see any improvement on the issue then the problem is in that circuit.If you have any outlets on different circuit breaker turn it up and rest down and see any improvements.If it works really better you have EMI from another circuit.
Glad to hear this actually benefited you!! How long has been your pc working perfectly?
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

omeGa

Post by omeGa » 13 Nov 2021, 19:22

Oh my God I love you brother !!!!!

thanks to you I managed to locate my problem and it's electrical :'(
It's been more than 2 years that I have a problem in Counter Strike with a floating mouse feeling and my hits registering very very very badly and space preshots
I'm one step ahead of your post because I had proceeded by elimination:
My hardware : ok
my network : ok
I only had the electrical network at home, I have a very good grounding so no problem on that side.
So I proceeded as you have specified to cut all the circuit breakers and leave the one for the power outlets and it is INCREDIBLE !!!!!!! my game is a speed, precision that I do not recognize :o:o:o
In the Mousetester software my smile is smooth, a perfectly straight line while before it was a roller coaster, look at this screenshot.

I am in a state of euphoria to have finally detected the problem.
I've already contacted some friends who know electricians and I hope the bill won't be too high.

Thanks again brother, your report is a gift.
Attachments
Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (121.73 KiB) Viewed 15491 times

1NAMICU

Post by 1NAMICU » 14 Nov 2021, 10:04

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 18:58
1NAMICU wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 18:57
"Symptoms":

Glad to hear this actually benefited you!! How long has been your pc working perfectly?
Since i fixed my house electrical wiring, 3 weeks ago. Everyday is consistent like it was before i had this issue in 2016.
In that year i remember it was a blackout in my city that fried my pc psu.. since then i had this problem with every pc in my home

1NAMICU

Post by 1NAMICU » 14 Nov 2021, 10:12

omeGa wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 19:22
Oh my God I love you brother !!!!!

thanks to you I managed to locate my problem and it's electrical :'(
It's been more than 2 years that I have a problem in Counter Strike with a floating mouse feeling and my hits registering very very very badly and space preshots
I'm one step ahead of your post because I had proceeded by elimination:
My hardware : ok
my network : ok
I only had the electrical network at home, I have a very good grounding so no problem on that side.
So I proceeded as you have specified to cut all the circuit breakers and leave the one for the power outlets and it is INCREDIBLE !!!!!!! my game is a speed, precision that I do not recognize :o:o:o
In the Mousetester software my smile is smooth, a perfectly straight line while before it was a roller coaster, look at this screenshot.

I am in a state of euphoria to have finally detected the problem.
I've already contacted some friends who know electricians and I hope the bill won't be too high.

Thanks again brother, your report is a gift.
i'm glad i helped you to detect your problem. :D

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Nov 2021, 13:33

Kudos.

This is a scientifically known “bad electricity” problem. I can personally confirm that EMI has been solved this way before.

This is one of the few EMI problems troubleshootable by testing your circuit breakers (turning off the WHOLE house *except* for the power outlets connected to your computer)

Unfortunately it does not solve all possible kinds of EMI, because some people’s EMI problem is caused by interference coming elsewhere.

But, this is something easy enough for users to do. As long as you don’t mind the disruption of turning off your house’s power temporarily by removing or turning off all-but-1 fuses/breakers in your power panel. It’s one of the most useful blunt-force diagnostic tools for people without electrical knowledge.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 14 Nov 2021, 15:38

Why PSU manufactures still can't fix issue with electricity that topic starter have?

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 14 Nov 2021, 17:55

InputLagger wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 15:38
Why PSU manufactures still can't fix issue with electricity that topic starter have?
because it is not technically possible... Maybe someday in the future they'll do something... although it's unlikely...