ELECTRICITY INPUT LAG.. HOW I FIXED IT?!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
omeGa

Re: ELECTRICITY INPUT LAG.. HOW I FIXED IT?!

Post by omeGa » 14 Nov 2021, 18:38

@1NAMICU Thank you so much brother :):):) if I was a billionaire I would have gotten rid of a few million as a thank you. It's beautiful that you had the idea to share your experience.
What was causing me this problem is a defective cable that is named on the electrical panel "kitchen heating" and that represents the wiring of this section and two outlets, one outlet in the kitchen normally intended for the heating and one outlet in the living room that has been repaired on the same outlet as the kitchen. I have a total of 7 circuit breakers after having spent my night last night I located this last one today and I simply leave this circuit breaker: off because I do not use the heating for the kitchen and I do not use the outlet in my living room either that way I don't have to call an electrician.
I don't know how the problem appeared. I remember that the heating plug in the kitchen was broken and my landlord fixed it for me this summer. But did he only fix it from the front by changing the plastic cover and nothing else? or is it the plug that was badly repaired in the living room? mystery :(
I'm completely amazed to see that the electricity in a house could have such a negative influence on the performance and feeling in a video game, it's just unbelievable.
I think unfortunately that many people have this kind of problem and I sincerely hope for them that they will have the curiosity to look for it because the sensation is just horrible.
Thanks again dear Mr. 1NAMICU

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 14 Nov 2021, 18:40

naporitan wrote: ↑
14 Nov 2021, 17:55
InputLagger wrote: ↑
14 Nov 2021, 15:38
Why PSU manufactures still can't fix issue with electricity that topic starter have?
because it is not technically possible... Maybe someday in the future they'll do something... although it's unlikely...
Its obvious, but I dont think so. If this is was true, then everyone would have this problem. But only small percentage affected (even small if we adds people, who don't acknowledge about their problem)

omeGa

Post by omeGa » 14 Nov 2021, 18:41

Special mention for the people behind this forum, you are experts in your field! and without your forum many problems would not be solved.
a big thank you

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Nov 2021, 19:03

14 Nov 2021, 18:40
Its obvious, but I dont think so. If this is was true, then everyone would have this problem. But only small percentage affected (even small if we adds people, who don't acknowledge about their problem)
They already do. There are high end computer power supplies that rejects more interference. But see below.
14 Nov 2021, 15:38
Why PSU manufactures still can't fix issue with electricity that topic starter have?
They do, but you sometimes have to pay 3x for the good PSUs than the ones that don't filter much bad electricity. It's very expensive to filter more EMI.

There's a lot of possible EMIs and sometimes it just isn't possible to cheaply (e.g. less than 4 or 5 figures) fix certain kinds of EMI.

Interference actually comes in more total possible weird combinations than the number of atoms in the known universe.

Sometimes the tech to filter a specific kind of EMI costs only $1. In terms of strengths, frequency, frequency combinations, directions, over the air, over the wire. Truly. So it's just not possible to completely filter EMI. There might be 6 different kinds of interferences occuring concurrently and most of it may be 99% filtered.

Sometimes inteference is so powerful (like a nuclear bomb EMP), others are weak (like the pulse from a scanning microscope tip). It is truly an astounding number of orders of magnitudes between the extremes.

A person's interference may be coming from a large motor of an air conditioner under your apartment tower floor (mechanical floor), in a field 100x stronger than your refrigerator motor. That sort of stuff is unfixable by playing with your specific apartment's circuit breaker panel, as an example. Or maybe it's that big-ass power transformer 1 meter outside behind the computer room's wall. Etc. A PSU won't fix over-the-air inducted interference that jumps the PSU gap. EMI can be injected directly into your computer's innards, skipping the PSU!

So you can only do your best. An upgraded PSU can help reject more interference, yes. But there is never a 100% perfect EMI shield. A supernova or a nuclear EMP. A weaponized EMP pulse (like nuclear bomb) is quite "loud", enough to damage electronics. Some supernovas that occur near the planet will also do the same. It will inject interference pretty strong EMI that that is guaranteed to overcome the best PSU filters. But even merely living under a multihundred kilovolt power transmission line only meters above you, can still partially doom your computer's performance. Or that mechanical floor. Or a neighbour's malfunctioning appliance. Etc.

Metaphorically EMI covers more decibels of loudnesses than the difference between a 10db sound and 150db sound. Sometimes invisible interference is so "loud" it just overwhelms the best PSU. Interference has WAY MORE LOUDNESSES than sound does.

Interference also destroyed part of Quebec's electric grid in 1989 from the large CME (Corona Mass Ejection event). Auroras were quite visible even as far south as New York City. We don't consider this as "EMI" but it's a form of EMI from the perspective of a computer, but it's an example of how "loud" EMI can become.

A lighting bolt hitting the top of your house and going through your electricity wire is also a brute EMI. That'll still kill a PSU.

Now, imagine a PSU trying to handle goldilocks powerful EMI -- interference powerful enough to disrupt things but not kill the computer. That's when a computer gets input lag from EMI, from all those error-correction events going on (lagging things).

There's no way to completely EMI-proof a power supply. That would also be lightning-proof and nuclearbomb-proof and also gamma-raybust-proof. You can only build stronger electronic armour, but a force strong enough will overcome it anyway. Pony up for stronger armour (filter), but it will never be perfect armor.

Now, obviously, I'm giving brute interference examples. But there's a lot of invisible powerful interference weaker than a lightning bolt but stronger than a nearby WiFi access point. EMI comes in way more loudness levels than sound does.

TL;DR: Not all EMI solutions fix all EMI problems. And better power supplies already reject more interference but can never be perfect.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

naporitan

Post by naporitan » 14 Nov 2021, 19:16

A PSU won't fix over-the-air inducted interference that jumps the PSU gap
perfect!

do not forget that one type of interference creates a new type of interference!

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 14 Nov 2021, 19:34

Chief Blur Buster wrote: ↑
14 Nov 2021, 19:03
Hi, Chief! Your posts is very well written and detailed. Always pleasure reading. ❀️ Thanks for clarify !

omeGa

Post by omeGa » 15 Nov 2021, 06:38

In order for people to understand I will describe the big differences in cs:go it's just a new game :O:O:O

- bunny hope : now it's super easy whereas before it was not possible my character came from Mcdonald's and was too heavy. He went on a diet to go from heavyweight to featherweight lmaoo
- the movements too: on all maps of course but I quote one for the example. For the initiated, on a map like Mirage before it was impossible to jump from the window to the shorts now it's so easy and I can reach far on the height of the shorts while before I was touching the shorts like a mirage without bad pun xD and nice, idem on the site A no more difficulty to jump on the crates that it is to push in the palace or on the firebox
- All the shots register perfectly it's so precise it's noticeable of course on all the weapons in a very significant way but there is a weapon that I never managed to master with my problem it's the desert eagle and now I put only headshots with lmmaooo
- No more space prefire, like the guy kills me and I don't see him or the style he comes out of his corner in a Ferrari or Flash Gordon
- transferring sprays before was impossible now it is
- broken lines are so easy to hold now while before I was shaking so much I was anticipating the death without seeing the enemy or the time to react
- DM server so nice now...

By the way, it's a very easy benchmark to have in order to know if you have a big input lag problem. On the Workshop you go to the Mirage map and if you can't jump easily from the windows to the shorts it's a problem. Because anyone with a decent level in this game and WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM electrical, hardware etc. should be able to achieve it without worries, for my part after my very very very bad experience it will be my main benchmark.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, it's been almost 24 hours since I slept, but do you realize how crappy the game is that I've been playing all this time because of a vulgar electrical wiring or what do I know, a broken plug or EMI waves?

Basically it became a perfect game,
I did 8 games on Faceit since I fixed it and I have an average of 27,8 kills with a ratio between 1.8 and 2.8

With hindsight I understand so much to this day the different testimonies of people who play CS and who say that they have invited friends to their house who also play CS and make comments like "But man your game is unplayable compared to mine you have a problem".

And there is something very curious now, it is during the matches when I look at the gameplay of my teammates or enemies I have the impression that many but many people suffer from this problem

Thank you again and again Mr. 1NAMICU so much I owe you a lot

wadge

Post by wadge » 16 Nov 2021, 10:30

omeGa wrote: ↑
15 Nov 2021, 06:38
In order for people to understand I will describe the big differences in cs:go it's just a new game :O:O:O

- bunny hope : now it's super easy whereas before it was not possible my character came from Mcdonald's and was too heavy. He went on a diet to go from heavyweight to featherweight lmaoo
- the movements too: on all maps of course but I quote one for the example. For the initiated, on a map like Mirage before it was impossible to jump from the window to the shorts now it's so easy and I can reach far on the height of the shorts while before I was touching the shorts like a mirage without bad pun xD and nice, idem on the site A no more difficulty to jump on the crates that it is to push in the palace or on the firebox
- All the shots register perfectly it's so precise it's noticeable of course on all the weapons in a very significant way but there is a weapon that I never managed to master with my problem it's the desert eagle and now I put only headshots with lmmaooo
- No more space prefire, like the guy kills me and I don't see him or the style he comes out of his corner in a Ferrari or Flash Gordon
- broken lines are so easy to hold now while before I was shaking so much I was anticipating the death without seeing the enemy or the time to react

By the way, it's a very easy benchmark to have in order to know if you have a big input lag problem. On the Workshop you go to the Mirage map and if you can't jump easily from the windows to the shorts it's a problem. Because anyone with a decent level in this game and WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM electrical, hardware etc. should be able to achieve it without worries, for my part after my very very very bad experience it will be my main benchmark.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, it's been almost 24 hours since I slept, but do you realize how crappy the game is that I've been playing all this time because of a vulgar electrical wiring or what do I know, a broken plug or EMI waves?

I did 8 games on Faceit since I fixed it and I have an average of 27,8 kills with a ratio between 1.8 and 2.8

With hindsight I understand so much to this day the different testimonies of people who play CS and who say that they have invited friends to their house who also play CS and make comments like "But man your game is unplayable compared to mine you have a problem".

And there is something very curious now, it is during the matches when I look at the gameplay of my teammates or enemies I have the impression that many but many people suffer from this problem

I'm happy to see that you fixed ur problem man !

I tested mousetester on my side and the graph looks weird to me

Do you think its power related ? did you changed some parameters in windows or bios ?

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 16 Nov 2021, 12:50

wadge wrote: ↑
16 Nov 2021, 10:30
omeGa wrote: ↑
15 Nov 2021, 06:38

I'm happy to see that you fixed ur problem man !

I tested mousetester on my side and the graph looks weird to me

Do you think its power related ? did you changed some parameters in windows or bios ?
try change mouse rate to 500, some pros have issues with 1000 mouse polling rate

pual scools

Post by pual scools » 22 Nov 2021, 05:54

Turning off the light line helped , thanks!!! :!: :!: :!: