Pc becomes faster/smoother during night time. During day time its slow/sluggish

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Headglitch123

Re: Pc becomes faster/smoother during night time. During day time its slow/sluggish

Post by Headglitch123 » 07 Apr 2022, 07:08

sunrisesineast wrote: ↑
07 Apr 2022, 02:56
same thing happens to me. mouse feels more responsive at night around 1:30 GMT, compared to during the day when it feels like my camera is moving in slow mo. completely screws up my hand eye co-ordination. Its not just games, desktop feels smoother too. If i set aside external factors, could there be any schedules window tasks that keeps running in the background but stops at that time?

I wonder if the problem is in the grid itself because its unlikely that it would start getting better at the same time every day if its was just some neighbour appliance. I do not have any radio towers nearby but I do live close to transmission lines.
Does ur hand also hurt because of that? I've tried hundreds of mice and not a single one felt great in my hands. Could that be caused by the choppy mouse movement? Or the position is just bad.

My windows is smooth, but the cursor feels so icy, tried new pc parts.. different outlet... brought my pc to a friend/mom's house/grandma's house. And alot more

Unixko

Re: Pc becomes faster/smoother during night time. During day time its slow/sluggish

Post by Unixko » 07 Apr 2022, 12:19

Headglitch123 wrote: ↑
07 Apr 2022, 07:08
same thing happens to me. mouse feels more responsive at night around 1:30 GMT, compared to during the day when it feels like my camera is moving in slow mo. completely screws up my hand eye co-ordination. Its not just games, desktop feels smoother too. If i set aside external factors, could there be any schedules window tasks that keeps running in the background but stops at that time?

I wonder if the problem is in the grid itself because its unlikely that it would start getting better at the same time every day if its was just some neighbour appliance. I do not have any radio towers nearby but I do live close to transmission lines.
Does ur hand also hurt because of that? I've tried hundreds of mice and not a single one felt great in my hands. Could that be caused by the choppy mouse movement? Or the position is just bad.

My windows is smooth, but the cursor feels so icy, tried new pc parts.. different outlet... brought my pc to a friend/mom's house/grandma's house. And alot more
ye playing with that problem hurts as fuck no only your hand is fucked up like 5 min after you do something
but you are mentally destroyed because your body mind brain what ever is not able to adapt on this random shit inputs

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 07 Apr 2022, 13:48

Unixko wrote: ↑
07 Apr 2022, 12:19

ye playing with that problem hurts as fuck no only your hand is fucked up like 5 min after you do something
but you are mentally destroyed because your body mind brain what ever is not able to adapt on this random shit inputs
i know right... and when its night, holding the mouse becomes more comfortable

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 07 Apr 2022, 14:20

Stimpy7314 wrote: ↑
07 Apr 2022, 13:48

for me its shits always but ye way before it was like that for some reason its bad 24/7 no specific time when its better just randomly usually when you have your pc off like 8-16 hour

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 10 Apr 2022, 23:53

same here games feels so smooth only in the night sad as fuck I had to leave competitive games

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 19 May 2022, 20:22

nyxo100 wrote: ↑
10 Apr 2022, 23:53

same here games feels so smooth only in the night sad as fuck I had to leave competitive games
Dude I've been trying to fix this for a few months now with other people aswell. Combine brains 😝 but bad news.. we tried EVERYTHING, the only temporarily fix is to reinstall windows everytime, reinstalling windows makes games smooth again, same for desktop but for a few hours, but who wants to reinstall windows every 2 hours.. exactly, no one!!!!!

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 27 May 2022, 00:43

19 May 2022, 20:22
nyxo100 wrote: ↑
10 Apr 2022, 23:53

Dude I've been trying to fix this for a few months now with other people aswell. Combine brains 😝 but bad news.. we tried EVERYTHING, the only temporarily fix is to reinstall windows everytime, reinstalling windows makes games smooth again, same for desktop but for a few hours, but who wants to reinstall windows every 2 hours.. exactly, no one!!!!!
I heared this so many times but generaly it makes no sense to me , why a windows reinstall makes youre games smooth again, only for few hours. The only thing which i can think of, would be "drivers" which gets installed , after you attempt to restart windows to get GPU driver working.

Are you guys sure that you not just ran into a placebo ? Goo reinstall again, disconnect ethernet and before you reboot, goo into windows services and disable windows updates.

jeffeh12133

Post by jeffeh12133 » 07 Nov 2022, 22:29

Sparta wrote: ↑
03 Dec 2021, 14:33
i finally solved it. English isn't my strong point but i ll try to explain as clearly as possible. Its not due to emi or radio or whatever interference. Its also not because of bad grounding. Primary cause is due to bad chipset/device initialisation due to voltage in neutral conductor. As you know we are getting single phase ac in our houses which contains phase(110/230V) and neutral(0V) which are ideal voltages. In reality we get like 2-15V in neutral which can be checked by using a multimeter between neutral and earth pins in your socket. If in your bad luck you are getting 40-60V in neutral wire then the circuit is completed via neutral and earth. Its gonna mess around with post operation while clearing nvram using cmos or jumper method. In order to properly initialise them or repair your pc or get rid of lag remove the psu wire and in fact all the devices including hdmi/dvi/vga/display/mouse/keyboard cables. Now we dont have anything connected to cpu. Now remove the case, remove gpu, and remove all ram if you have more than one. Clean one ram module and push it into one of the ram slot. Remove cmos battery and wait for 15-60 seconds and reconnect it. At this point not a single cable is connected while doing this. Now go ahead and connect power cable, keyboard and mouse. Now switch on cpu using power switch. Mash the delete button of the keyboard while its posting. You will get beep codes of no vga or no display. Let it complete the post operation and now switch off cpu using case power button. Now all your devices are completely reset. Now once again remove psu power cable and now populate the ram slots, push the gpu into pcie slot and connect all monitors and all the cables. After this all go ahead and connect psu power cable and switch on pc using case power button and voila your pc is now resolved of any initialisation problems. Go to windows and perfom sfc /scannow and let it complete. Check for any kind of lag now. In short dont clear cmos while any cable including power/monitors/amp/mic etc are connected because these may carry stray currents which mess up the post process during nvram/cmos clear operation and it gets carried into the nvram settings even if you load optimised defaults in the bios. . Thank you.
If I never cleared my CMOS before, would this method help me? I will try it.

I have an issue where my PC runs buttery smooth during the night time, during cold weather and rainy weather. It affects mouse input, gameplay, monitor smoothness, basically everything and its pretty noticeable. Gets slightly sluggish during the daytime. I happened to notice this pattern after countless allnighter sessions. My apartment is grounded, PC is connected to a grounded socket (checked with the 3 prong detector from amazon). Upgraded basically all my PC parts over the course of years and I still notice the problem with a whole new mobo etc. It's weird because around 2018 I never noticed this issue and it seems to have come up around 2019, perhaps related to the electrical grid? Who knows but I'll keep digging. One thing I did notice is that when the weather is rainy or cold outside or night time that's when the smoothness comes to the PC, but when its sunny at all, the sluggishness comes back. Perhaps here in LA they use solar to provide electricity to homes during the sun up until 6:00pm and switch to regular electricity when the sun is gone? Lol might be a fetch but could be possible. It would make sense since my PC is only butter smooth at nights or during cloudy/foggy/rainy weather.

Anyway. I'll repost here with an update if the Sparta fix lasts longer than a day

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 08 Nov 2022, 19:44

Sparta wrote: ↑
03 Dec 2021, 14:33
As you know we are getting single phase ac in our houses which contains phase(110/230V) and neutral(0V) which are ideal voltages. In reality we get like 2-15V in neutral which can be checked by using a multimeter between neutral and earth pins in your socket.
There is quite an understatement here and you don't know exactly what you're talking about.

You can do this only if your electrical installation is TT type (fully separated ground and neutral). If it's TN-C-S or TN-C it makes no sense because at some point N and PE have common connection. Read about it.

If you really want to check potential on your Neutral, then touch the probe to N and radiator or water pipe (assuming that it's free of any potential)