⚠️⚠️⚠️ Most Lag Problems is NOT Electricity Related ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

⚠️⚠️⚠️ Most Lag Problems is NOT Electricity Related ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Jan 2022, 16:31

TL;DR: ⚠️⚠️⚠️ Most latency problems is not electricity related, but it can still sometimes happen. Most newbies should not visit this EMI forum yet, as problems are often elsewhere. Please troubleshoot other causes first before posting here. ⚠️⚠️⚠️

TL;DR2: If you are confused, you are in the wrong forum.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

assombrosso

Re: ⚠️⚠️⚠️ Most Lag Problems is NOT Electricity Related ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Post by assombrosso » 05 Jan 2022, 04:58

That guy ahmed is the same person who got Banned awhile ago for trying to make people pay for his bios/os tweaking.
He knows many newbies are browsing this forum and hes banking on their ignorance.
To consider electricity to be a reason for your lag, you need to tweak your os/bios/try 2-3 pc's and test online offline then maybe electricity is the reason.
To this day I'm still not sure whether it is my pc, electricity or both or something else.
Tried many locations, tried 6 pc's, did many tricks and still i dont know.

Rallaz

Post by Rallaz » 11 Jan 2022, 17:33

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 16:31
TL;DR: ⚠️⚠️⚠️ Most latency problems is not electricity related, but it can still sometimes happen. Most newbies should not visit this EMI forum yet, as problems are often elsewhere. Please troubleshoot other causes first before posting here. ⚠️⚠️⚠️

It may it may not be, tho we are a couple of people here looking for high comp settings. Tho we will not find'em cause its just not really the pcs problem.

I myself investigated into emc companies that agreed with my issue. They managed to fix it or actually have the electricity company fix it. Tho they never released the paperwork for me officially but I could not let it go this time, as you may not remember me chief I wrote to you here about 1-2 years ago.

Nothing had improoved so far until they said to the company that a box of the street was making noise into the powerline and getting into our appartment house walls where I think most of us have our pcs.

This problem also goes along with people going to another and its just gone then the problem is certainly further away from you.
But I recommend every to make sure nothing is plugged in while test, what do I mean then? Simple

Even tho the flag/fuse box is off and you run your pc of a battery its still open by the "0" I believe this is called neutral in english. You basically have to undo a lamp from the ceiling if so.

I got lucky by calling swedens electricity agency and they redirected me to an EMC company.

But I felt I could not just live and be done with it since there are so many potential good games that will never make it because of this. FFS, it is real.

I tried a couple of places myself and wasnt lucky since the noise is able to travel a good length.

I decided to go and do my own research now since I gotten somewhere after 4 years and placebo by people telling me "its all in your head" either they are not aware of it or just not affected. Not saying everyone suffers from the same problem and it will be different for each and one of you of whats The solution and problem.

I discovered a company that makes faraday materials but I wont post the name of them as of advertising and it may not help anyway for some but in my case it was like xmas all over again.

What I did was order faraday day wall block and out one behind my monitor and the whole wall of blocks where the powerline goes within the wall itself just like a picture hanging of the wall. End of story its up to everyone and each one of you to try figure it out. Not all games may the best of trying to find out if you suffer from electricity problems but make sure you test between a fixed place and a none fixed as well for your mental health

Peace
Forgot to add make sure your problem is persists Offline

kriegor

Post by kriegor » 02 Mar 2022, 17:56

assombrosso wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 04:58
That seems like a lot of effort and ressources spent.
Have you, instead, tried purchasing a latency measurement device such as syslat or Nvidia LDAT?
Or even a high speed camera? Because any sort of actual measurement, when it comes to pure system latency, would be far more conclusive and more important than just trying out different hardware based on feel. You cannot count on your perception to be unbiased or flawless to the point where it trumps any measuring.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Mar 2022, 18:46

kriegor wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 17:56
assombrosso wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 04:58
That seems like a lot of effort and ressources spent.
Have you, instead, tried purchasing a latency measurement device such as syslat or Nvidia LDAT?
Or even a high speed camera? Because any sort of actual measurement, when it comes to pure system latency, would be far more conclusive and more important than just trying out different hardware based on feel. You cannot count on your perception alone to be unbiased or flawless to the point where it trumps any measuring.
"Fixed" that for you.

This is true, very true in researcher circles that you must try to back up what you witness with evidence. But simultaneously this is a forum. Unfortunately, lots are placebos but sometimes we invent tests because of a forum post that was thought placebo, and it was a real effect. see this very famous example where we egged a researcher to prove what I saw with my eyes, was definitely correct, and he created a test and research paper that proved I was correct.

Instead, we encourage users to try to help each other invent simple tests, even by jerry-rigging limited equipment (that's how I invented the pursuit camera, now peer reviwed -- and even works with a hand-waved smartphone now). Sometimes tests are hard to invent, though.

When Blur Busters feasted their eyes on the first 120 Hz monitors, no 60Hz user believed me that they could see the difference.
When I explained in 2012 how an LCD can match CRT motion clarity, nobody believed me either -- but it's now a reality.
Etc.

One problem is measurements often miss a lot of perception. LCD GtG measurements do not measure MPRT motion blur. People could not understand why 8ms -> 4ms -> 1ms LCD GtG didn't reduce motion blur closer to a CRT, until it was explained that LCD GtG and MPRT were two different pixel response measurements[/url].

This is why we allow human visible observations to be reported so we can invent new tests to measure them properly scientifically.

Even if 90% seems placebo, we don't dismiss quickly because a measurement doesn't catch all attributes. Either us or others try to research things deeper and finally invent new way to test something / fix something / etc.

That was also how TestUFO was born too. Including those oddball tests (out of the 30 selectable at upper right corner of www.testufo.com).

Here's a very good counter-rebuttal: What Is The Hz Limit Of The Human Eye?. Which is somewhat simplistic, but is a good way to prove that "flicker testing" does NOT correctly test ALL human visible limitations of a display. Existing tests aren't always comprehensive.

I am cited in over 20 peer reviewed papers (Google Scholar Search) because I welcome uncertain observations so we can invent new tests to confirm observations. Sometimes it is other researchers that do this; sometimes our forum is a crowsourced incubator of research -- not just us, some other people invents a test because they read these forums. This forum is an incubator of outlier ideas that will get attacked from all sides, but I will definitely moderate against discouragements. If discouragement was endemic, Galileo wouldn't have managed to convince some of the world that the Earth was round. He was assaulted by discouragement by all sides. So was Einstein. Etc. History is rife with that.

The new 1000Hz-vs-2000Hz mouse paper (testing Razer 8KHz) was a result of a debate between a disbelieving Korean researcher and us -- (more info in this thread) and then he now agrees after having invented necessary tests and done the tests (including blind tests on humans)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

kriegor

Post by kriegor » 22 Mar 2022, 19:54

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
02 Mar 2022, 18:46
If discouragement was endemic, Galileo wouldn't have managed to convince some of the world that the Earth was round. He was assaulted by discouragement by all sides. So was Einstein. Etc. History is rife with that.
The big problem with that comparison is, Galileo was a scientist and a once in a century genius who questioned an established system with brilliant methods. In fact, he was very well respected and praised by his often equally genius peers.
His life evolved around constantly trying to prove his claims. Trying to find evidence. Naturally you will have doubters and discouragement when you question established beliefs.
However, intellect aside, with the average "I have lag, here look this fixed it" user, it is the complete opposite. They propose problems or realities without any evidence and demand solutions.
But quantifying their issue? Proving it exists? That, they have absolutely 0 desire to do, not even in the slightest.

The result is that reading the forums is often less about incubated ideas and more fishing for something valuable in a large pool of waste.

Just some things to consider:

1. Everyone has input lag.
Saying you have lag is like saying water is wet. How much do you have (or think you have)? What makes you think you have that much? What is your baseline or point of comparison?
Also: inconsistency (i.e. your FPS are unstable, frametimes vary a lot, system latency seems to jump from 10 to 30ms) is far more noticeable than miniscule differences in the sub <3ms range.
Potential methods of testing and verifying:
  • Frametime measurements with caprframeX.
  • high quality camera recordings (no, an iphone 7 does not qualify as high quality).
  • reaction time tests (http://draebenstedt.de/reaction/reaction.html or humanbenchmark).
  • High speed camera recordings, Syslat, Nvidia LDAT
Anything to back up your claims is not only recommended but should be considered mandatory in order for people to attempt and seriously address the proposed problem.
If you do not even attempt to verify or prove your claims, that means you insist on people believing you without evidence. It's the equivalent of "source? trust me bro".

You could also try and verify your ability to tell miniscule differences in latency:
Download this test. start with 10ms and gradually lower.
In my experience, very few, if any people can reliably tell the difference in the sub 10ms range. Yet, most commonly discussed tweaks would reduce system latency by far less than 10ms or even 2ms in almost EVERY case but the most extreme scenarios.
2. The human perception.
External factors can and will impact your perception.
These include but are not limited to: Physical health, mood, diet, time of day, age, fitness, mental health (happyness, depression), circadian clock (massive impact on your alertness), recent events (gf broke up with you? lost a game? got hired for your dream job?).
Can you say with certainty none of these factors negatively impact your performance or judgement at the point of you making the observation or writing the post?
3. Snakeoil
There is a likelihood you decided to have a problem due to an underlying issue. Most common would be "I don't hit my shots anymore, something seems off, it's like I'm cursed."
Now, what's the answer? Is it the input lag or something else?
Reflect and question your reality and your motives before assuming you are not performing because you have 2ms more input lag than with your last PC (hypothetical scenario). It certainly hasn't stopped the greatest esport players from becoming the greatest, so why would it stop you? Maybe the problem truly lies somewhere else.
If, however, the motive was to have the lowest possible input lag with the simple goal of maximizing your potential , then it is fine.
Just understand that a few tweaks will not artificially remove any other issues or shortcomings you may have.
Don't try to find snakeoil and don't try to sell snakeoil.

readtext

Post by readtext » 20 Sep 2022, 16:56

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 16:31

most problem are multicore related

there is a easy way to prove it.
have a good game with really good hitreg feeling ect. than open a taskmanager program where you can change all cores like in process lasso
example:
good game with good hitreg and good feeling
open processlasso put all things to only core 1 and after that put it back to all core again
if your game is now bad with bad feeling and hitreg than it should work the other way also

we have to find the right cores for the right process to have always the same gameplay feeling
but every cpu has his own best peformed core and order to allocate the process