Could it be related to electricity?

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply

Sublo

Re: Could it be related to electricity?

Post by Sublo » 26 Jan 2022, 12:52

I have 2 power supplies, and the one I recently bought makes exactly the same sound, there are no differences in operation, there is a input lag on both)
I think that such sounds are normal for some models.

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 26 Jan 2022, 18:21

This sound is drive me crazy in my EVGA 750w supernova was same like your psu - i claim it on waranty and they give me new one… but untill they solve that issue i buy Bequiet straight power 11 750w and this PSU is dead quiet. So if you have warranty still you should claim it…
But if you dont have warranty you can try setup windows in power plan set you CPU at 99% max it will help you to cancel that noise…

ashrr

Post by ashrr » 26 Jan 2022, 18:28

MegaMelmek wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 18:21
This sound is drive me crazy in my EVGA 750w supernova was same like your psu - i claim it on waranty and they give me new one… but untill they solve that issue i buy Bequiet straight power 11 750w and this PSU is dead quiet. So if you have warranty still you should claim it…
But if you dont have warranty you can try setup windows in power plan set you CPU at 99% max it will help you to cancel that noise…
I have the EVGA G2 750w too and have this noise too when moving mouse, thought it was coming from motherboard but I might replace it if it means I can finally get a silent computing experience.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 27 Jan 2022, 02:23

MegaMelmek wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 18:21

I have pitch sound from psu if half or full cpu load, too. For more than month this sound transform to a almost noticeable degree (input lag in csgo also is almost dissappeaed. I dont have input lag in desktop and never have been). Also I have a way old, different rig, from 2014

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 28 Jan 2022, 14:52

Its coil whine in PSU: if PSU make whine if you moving mouse on desktop thats product flaw… when is pc on heavy load it can make sounds thats not issue there.
If you browsing web and PSU is screeming whine thats funny to me…

Dzekson22

Post by Dzekson22 » 28 Jan 2022, 15:06

this is the sound from the motherboard when you move the mouse, set the frequency lower to 125 hz and the sound of the coils will decrease

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 28 Jan 2022, 15:34

Dzekson22 wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 15:06
this is the sound from the motherboard when you move the mouse, set the frequency lower to 125 hz and the sound of the coils will decrease
to my knowlege there is no coils on mobo: as you decrease pooling rate on mouse you decrease power draw from PSU…
Your monitor will be more power hungry at 240Hz vs 60Hz it has nothing to do with windows or HW setup its bad isolation on coils…

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Jan 2022, 21:39

Power draw is usually a dominoe effect, never a direct effect.

High pollrate = often dominoes to more CPU (and even GPU) usage = more power draw.

At same frame rate, 60 and 240 Hz measures same power on my specific system to an error margin of 1 watt or less. But 240 can enable higher frame rate = more GPU power, could be 100W+ more especially during VRR and VSYNC ON.

So it is not a simple effect.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Slender

Post by Slender » 30 Jan 2022, 11:17

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 21:39
Power draw is usually a dominoe effect, never a direct effect.

High pollrate = often dominoes to more CPU (and even GPU) usage = more power draw.

At same frame rate, 60 and 240 Hz measures same power on my specific system to an error margin of 1 watt or less. But 240 can enable higher frame rate = more GPU power, could be 100W+ more especially during VRR and VSYNC ON.

So it is not a simple effect.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9663
and what do you say about this?