mouse input lag FIXED

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Headglitch123

Re: mouse input lag FIXED

Post by Headglitch123 » 29 Mar 2022, 11:30

jiaran_wuwuwuwu wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 05:52
Headglitch123 wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 04:41
jiaran_wuwuwuwu wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 01:53
Headglitch123 wrote:
28 Mar 2022, 19:07
When my dad goes to sleep, usually around 23:00 my pc is 10 times faster. Freaking weird. During day time my mouse feels like it got weights on it and when my dad goes to sleep its light asf.

But here comes to weird part. I’ve tested my little brothers pc in my house and his system feels better then mine. He only got a different psu and motherboard and different ram kit. We both got the same nvme, gpu, cpu etc.

No heavy mouse on his system either
i know people mentioned that in the night its less laggy but to me it was laggy and slow all the time.. it also didnt have to do with internet because i disconnected my coaxial cable connection and ethernet cable from my pc for like 9 hours (because i went to sleep before doing it) and the mouse still felt laggy offline the next day i tried

i did forgot to mention my cousin also doesnt have lag in his pc.. and his pc components are a bit older than the ones that my infected pc had and he also used the same voltage stabilizer that i did but he never had a short circuit and im sure his outlets are not grounded either..

i do suspect that all of this could PROBABLY be a driver issue rather than electricity but honestly i dont know it does feel like it
and what makes me believe that the most because i forgot to mention it in the first post is that back in like march 2021 i started having insane input lag in rainbow six siege and it was after a major update from the game (operation crimson heist) and then i googled it for like 2 weeks and no one had the same issue.. then i tried to install an older nvidia driver and mouse was back being snappy like always but weirdly enough only rainbow six siege was affected and later it was all the games.. its VERY weird stuff honestly..
I also used my pc in different locations and the input lag was all the same. Did u got a realtek chip by any chance in ur infected board? Realtek is bad and is known for high dpc latency. Sadly i have realtek, BUT my little brothers pc hasn’t have one, he got intel and what i said earlier is that his system feels wayy better. Maybe it is really a driver causing this?
yes my old pc had realtek thats why i assumed its something with the drivers and the motherboard so that could be it honestly.. not sure if my cousin pc has realtek but i could check later just to also confirm that a bit since his pc works well but i'm very sure he doesn't
Idk if realtek could be the culprit, but seeing how bad realtek is and on many forums people complaining how high dpc latency those drivers have, even with “”internet tweaks” is pretty bizarre.

Bad/high voltage’s could also cause input lag, definitely emi too, I’ve tested grounded vs ungrounded. No difference, besides getting shocked with the ungrounded one, but i only get a shock is when my pc is close to a radiator.

When reinstalling windows my pc feels amazing but after a short time, the input lag comes back. Like if the whole OS gets corrupted by something. Same with nvidia drivers. Nvidia gpu is also known for high dpc latency, while amd doesn’t, i think???

Maybe a cheap psu can cause this?? I’ve got a cv550 from corsair. Definitely will buy a better one, just to be sure. Although i think it will not fix it. But u never know. Even played with bios settings, even tried beta bios, latest bios version. Plugging my mouse in 2.0 port and my keyboard in 3.1 port. Dont work either, at this point im out of ideas

Look, i dont wanna move just for my pc, that’s crazy.

Edit: Maybe buying a separate pci gigabyte lan card will help, (from intel) and then disable the realtek one in devive manager?

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 29 Mar 2022, 11:51

Realtek could be the culprit tbh, they were notorious back in the day for causing similar issues and terminating/ renaming their ffmaap or whatever it was called would resolve.

I also have first hand experienced a noticeable affect on the mouse on occasion when clicking test in the sound control panel for headphones, to whit, when the test chimes are playing, the mouse would be “throttled” for the duration of the sound effect.
The second the sound stopped, the mouse resumed its regular speed and motion.

Have tried in multiple houses, with a few rigs. All of which had the Realtek chip.

I personally would say this is extremely likely.

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 29 Mar 2022, 12:20

Vocaleyes wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 11:51
Realtek could be the culprit tbh, they were notorious back in the day for causing similar issues and terminating/ renaming their ffmaap or whatever it was called would resolve.

I also have first hand experienced a noticeable affect on the mouse on occasion when clicking test in the sound control panel for headphones, to whit, when the test chimes are playing, the mouse would be “throttled” for the duration of the sound effect.
The second the sound stopped, the mouse resumed its regular speed and motion.

Have tried in multiple houses, with a few rigs. All of which had the Realtek chip.

I personally would say this is extremely likely.
I got a leftover pcie wifi card from intel. Probably gonna install it again, tweak it a bit and disable realtek in device manager. See if it does anything/lower dpc

xShino

Post by xShino » 29 Mar 2022, 12:46

Some comments are talking about "Realtek Ethernet" and some are talking about "Realtek Audio". Please differentiate clearly since this causes confusion and will mislead testing.

I would also guess that disabling these features in BIOS would be an easy way to test if it has an positive effect or not, without buying hardware - no?

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 29 Mar 2022, 16:24

xShino wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 12:46
Some comments are talking about "Realtek Ethernet" and some are talking about "Realtek Audio". Please differentiate clearly since this causes confusion and will mislead testing.

I would also guess that disabling these features in BIOS would be an easy way to test if it has an positive effect or not, without buying hardware - no?
Last edited by Headglitch123 on 29 Mar 2022, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 29 Mar 2022, 16:42

xShino wrote:

Yea I was confused too, until a wifi Pcie was mentioned and I was like, hold on, what is happening here. Regardless, in my experience, both of those might only yield placebo effects.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 29 Mar 2022, 17:33

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 16:42
xShino wrote:

Yea I was confused too, until a wifi Pcie was mentioned and I was like, hold on, what is happening here. Regardless, in my experience, both of those might only yield placebo effects.
Sorry, my bad. I should’ve mentioned earlier

jiaran_wuwuwuwu

Post by jiaran_wuwuwuwu » 29 Mar 2022, 19:20

to be clear.. if anything, it had more to do with Realtek audio but in my old pc i had a wireless razer headset that had a USB connection which is also at the time when the input lag started to show up in random boots so probably has to do with it?

in my new PC i got a wired headset rather than wireless and then i had to check about analog vs USB connection because there is a chance USB causes more driver issues somehow? but my new headset still had USB except it was wired anyways but i really feel like theres also something that has to do with that + realtek audio drivers and stuff

also i'm not completely sure about the lan card but i doubt that will make a difference

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 29 Mar 2022, 19:37

jiaran_wuwuwuwu wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 19:20
to be clear.. if anything, it had more to do with Realtek audio but in my old pc i had a wireless razer headset that had a USB connection which is also at the time when the input lag started to show up in random boots so probably has to do with it?

in my new PC i got a wired headset rather than wireless and then i had to check about analog vs USB connection because there is a chance USB causes more driver issues somehow? but my new headset still had USB except it was wired anyways but i really feel like theres also something that has to do with that + realtek audio drivers and stuff

also i'm not completely sure about the lan card but i doubt that will make a difference
Maybe something is up with razer? Every time i update windows, i always get a razer popup if i want to install their shit software, and their ‘razer hid driver’

jiaran_wuwuwuwu

Post by jiaran_wuwuwuwu » 29 Mar 2022, 21:30

Headglitch123 wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 19:37
jiaran_wuwuwuwu wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 19:20

Maybe something is up with razer? Every time i update windows, i always get a razer popup if i want to install their shit software, and their ‘razer hid driver’
same, i always got the razer popup but i always just cancelled it

that said theres no chance its the razer software or driver itself causing it but it could be part of it that is messing up with some other driver because for example in my new pc i have a razer keyboard but its a different driver rather than the headset driver that (potentially) was messing up with realtek in my old pc but all of that is just guessing but it could be part of it