mouse input lag FIXED

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
jiaran_wuwuwuwu

mouse input lag FIXED

Post by jiaran_wuwuwuwu » 27 Mar 2022, 09:08

i will mostly try to keep this short..

basically i moved to another house in my same town and while i was in my old one i was using the infected PC while i was getting new parts and peripherals for a new one

i basically sold everything from the old PC after i got my new one, which I used in my new house.. worth noting my previous house is very old and didnt even have grounding in it and probably a lot more elctricity issues.. like at one time i got a short circuit in my entire home when there was a ice cream shop renting in one of the rooms in here, they left in like 2019 but left a lot of stuff broken and i feel like thats why my pc got messed up.

my pc also always had a voltage stablizier which looks like this Image
connected to it because there are general power issues in my town but when the short circuit was ongoing i wasnt realiziing that the voltage stabilizer was saving my pc from completely exploding but then after a bit it started smelling like itwas burning so i realized and turned it off quickly.. it was the first time that something like this happened

like 2-3 months after the short circuit thing happened my pc started to reboot itself while i was playing games and it took me a while to figure out why and then i used OCCT stress test and after using it for 1 sec it rebooted itself and then started always getting kernel-power errors in windows event viewer and it was basically because the psu wasnt working well so i changed it on my old pc

and then like around 3 months after changing psu input lag started happening.. but first it was sometimes depending in windows boot.. like sometimes the mouse input lag would be there and if it was i had to restart PC and then i was good again.. but starting from like november 2021 it basically started being permanent and i didnt know what to do at that point and trust me i tried literally everything

but as you can see my pc probably went through a lot combined with fact that the outlets were also old and electricity around the house was very bad and there wasnt any grounding and also using a voltage stabilizer rlly doesnt help at this point etc.
--------------
so learning all of this and reading in this forum about all of this i was very pessimistic since it looked like it was more complicated than just changing a psu this time but what i did is:
-going to my new house with newer wiring and new grounding and such
-completely new pc.. mostly trying to use popular brands but avoiding gigabyte because the old pc had a gigabye motherboard and since i read a lot of stuff about them being not being reliable nowadays i had to
-got UPS instead of voltage stabilizer.. i know some people said ups doesnt help or whatever but i primarily got it for power outages and stuff and its better than a voltage stabilizer anyways i guess
-also completely new peripherals.. basically i didnt combine anything from my old pc to my new one because of my fear and theory of infected hardware that could mess up a new pc just that easily, for example old pcs infected mouse in new one and stuff..

so yeah spent a lot of money for this fix.. mostly pc and peripherals because the new house is also owned by my dad so i already had to go there
i also waited around 4 weeks before typing all of this because i know many people in this forums have said that it returns but it still didnt so i think its all good now.. hope any of this helps even if it sounds like very specific issues that i had but still wanted to talk about it since im one of the people that suffered from this weird issue!

Headglitch123

Re: mouse input lag FIXED

Post by Headglitch123 » 28 Mar 2022, 19:07

When my dad goes to sleep, usually around 23:00 my pc is 10 times faster. Freaking weird. During day time my mouse feels like it got weights on it and when my dad goes to sleep its light asf.

But here comes to weird part. I’ve tested my little brothers pc in my house and his system feels better then mine. He only got a different psu and motherboard and different ram kit. We both got the same nvme, gpu, cpu etc.

No heavy mouse on his system either

jiaran_wuwuwuwu

Post by jiaran_wuwuwuwu » 29 Mar 2022, 01:53

Headglitch123 wrote:
28 Mar 2022, 19:07
When my dad goes to sleep, usually around 23:00 my pc is 10 times faster. Freaking weird. During day time my mouse feels like it got weights on it and when my dad goes to sleep its light asf.

But here comes to weird part. I’ve tested my little brothers pc in my house and his system feels better then mine. He only got a different psu and motherboard and different ram kit. We both got the same nvme, gpu, cpu etc.

i know people mentioned that in the night its less laggy but to me it was laggy and slow all the time.. it also didnt have to do with internet because i disconnected my coaxial cable connection and ethernet cable from my pc for like 9 hours (because i went to sleep before doing it) and the mouse still felt laggy offline the next day i tried

i did forgot to mention my cousin also doesnt have lag in his pc.. and his pc components are a bit older than the ones that my infected pc had and he also used the same voltage stabilizer that i did but he never had a short circuit and im sure his outlets are not grounded either..

i do suspect that all of this could PROBABLY be a driver issue rather than electricity but honestly i dont know it does feel like it
and what makes me believe that the most because i forgot to mention it in the first post is that back in like march 2021 i started having insane input lag in rainbow six siege and it was after a major update from the game (operation crimson heist) and then i googled it for like 2 weeks and no one had the same issue.. then i tried to install an older nvidia driver and mouse was back being snappy like always but weirdly enough only rainbow six siege was affected and later it was all the games.. its VERY weird stuff honestly..

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 29 Mar 2022, 02:21

Would you kindly provide your old make of mobo and chipset, new mobo and chipset and your cousin's mobo chipset too please?

jiaran_wuwuwuwu

Post by jiaran_wuwuwuwu » 29 Mar 2022, 03:33

Vocaleyes wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 02:21
Would you kindly provide your old make of mobo and chipset, new mobo and chipset and your cousin's mobo chipset too please?
old infected PC Motherboard had a Gigabyte GA-H110M-H

new PC Motherboard is MSI MPG Z690 UNIFY (i had a bit of a thought getting this or LGA 1200 MOBOs but i got this one since i was basically gonna use windows 11 anyways.. just in case)

my cousin PC i dont remember exact model but it was an ASRock mobo.. he has a Intel pentium g4560 so whatever chipset that cpu uses

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 29 Mar 2022, 03:56

Thanks for the info, just trying to see if there's any correlation there, I'm on the strix z390 with the issue.

I'd say it may be worth re-assembling your previous 'infected' build at the new property to maybe rule out it being location specific, as if your old rig works at the new premises then we know it's not hardware related, unless you've already done something like this?

jiaran_wuwuwuwu

Post by jiaran_wuwuwuwu » 29 Mar 2022, 04:01

Vocaleyes wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 03:56
Thanks for the info, just trying to see if there's any correlation there, I'm on the strix z390 with the issue.

I'd say it may be worth re-assembling your previous 'infected' build at the new property to maybe rule out it being location specific, as if your old rig works at the new premises then we know it's not hardware related, unless you've already done something like this?
i didnt really got to do that because i just wanted to completely avoid the issue.. i didnt try the old pc in my new house also just in case because i tried to be very careful with it since none of us really know what it is

but in my personal opinion the old pc would have had the lag issue anywhere honestly even in my cousin house or my new house because the lag never left with the hundreds of things i attempted to see what it was.. it never went away once it started getting worse

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 29 Mar 2022, 04:41

jiaran_wuwuwuwu wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 01:53
Headglitch123 wrote:

i know people mentioned that in the night its less laggy but to me it was laggy and slow all the time.. it also didnt have to do with internet because i disconnected my coaxial cable connection and ethernet cable from my pc for like 9 hours (because i went to sleep before doing it) and the mouse still felt laggy offline the next day i tried

i did forgot to mention my cousin also doesnt have lag in his pc.. and his pc components are a bit older than the ones that my infected pc had and he also used the same voltage stabilizer that i did but he never had a short circuit and im sure his outlets are not grounded either..

i do suspect that all of this could PROBABLY be a driver issue rather than electricity but honestly i dont know it does feel like it
and what makes me believe that the most because i forgot to mention it in the first post is that back in like march 2021 i started having insane input lag in rainbow six siege and it was after a major update from the game (operation crimson heist) and then i googled it for like 2 weeks and no one had the same issue.. then i tried to install an older nvidia driver and mouse was back being snappy like always but weirdly enough only rainbow six siege was affected and later it was all the games.. its VERY weird stuff honestly..
I also used my pc in different locations and the input lag was all the same. Did u got a realtek chip by any chance in ur infected board? Realtek is bad and is known for high dpc latency. Sadly i have realtek, BUT my little brothers pc hasn’t have one, he got intel and what i said earlier is that his system feels wayy better. Maybe it is really a driver causing this?

jiaran_wuwuwuwu

Post by jiaran_wuwuwuwu » 29 Mar 2022, 05:52

Headglitch123 wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 04:41
jiaran_wuwuwuwu wrote:
Headglitch123 wrote:

I also used my pc in different locations and the input lag was all the same. Did u got a realtek chip by any chance in ur infected board? Realtek is bad and is known for high dpc latency. Sadly i have realtek, BUT my little brothers pc hasn’t have one, he got intel and what i said earlier is that his system feels wayy better. Maybe it is really a driver causing this?
yes my old pc had realtek thats why i assumed its something with the drivers and the motherboard so that could be it honestly.. not sure if my cousin pc has realtek but i could check later just to also confirm that a bit since his pc works well but i'm very sure he doesn't

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 29 Mar 2022, 09:26

jiaran_wuwuwuwu wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 05:52
Headglitch123 wrote:
29 Mar 2022, 04:41
jiaran_wuwuwuwu wrote:
Headglitch123 wrote:

yes my old pc had realtek thats why i assumed its something with the drivers and the motherboard so that could be it honestly.. not sure if my cousin pc has realtek but i could check later just to also confirm that a bit since his pc works well but i'm very sure he doesn't
realtek network cards are terrible. Intel NIC's are just better. A possible solution would to be a dedicated network card that plugs into a PCIE slot. I highly recommend the i210-T1 network card. It's an intel NIC. Then you can disable your onboard NIC and see if it's the problem.