Some New Interesting Findings on My Long Battle With Input Lag and Desync Issues

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
MontyTheAverage

Some New Interesting Findings on My Long Battle With Input Lag and Desync Issues

Post by MontyTheAverage » 09 Apr 2022, 23:45

So I have been battling this horrid input lag, sluggish slow mouse and unsmooth gameplay most of us here know about. Also game desync where it feels like the I am 1 second behind the server and get shot very unfairly before the enemy is even on my screen.

Today I went to the nearest Esports center I could find. I also took the mouse that I mainly use (G Pro Wireless). I started playing Apex Legends on the Esports center and plugged my mouse in. It was the same crappy input lag and all other issues. The problems were same here as it was back in my house. For first few minutes in a game or even restarting it feels decent but slowly the input lag and choppiness gets worse and worse. I can also feel the lag issues outside the game on windows desktop or using other problems in general. Just most apparent in competitive online games. Other times it gets good for few seconds and then back to being shit. It's like the lag randomly varies so you can't even create muscle memory for the lag. And my hitreg is terrible. And I'm dying in the most impossible ways. I almost lost all hope at this point and started to think someway it even affects my account. Then I asked the guy in charge of the place and told me it shouldn't be playing like that. Maybe some settings are off. He didn't really figure out any way to fix it which I probably knew what was going to happen.

But then I moved to another computer in the Esports center but this time I decided not to connect my G Pro Wireless. Just signed into my account and started playing the game with their $20 hyper X wired mouse. (also forgot to mention I swtiched back and forth with the two mouses on the first PC to make sure it is not just related to one mouse). All the ingame, windows and graphics settings are same as back home and also same as the first PC I used in the center connected with my G Pro Wireless.

I played for an hour and I experienced NO input lag and hitreg issues! My game play was smooth and very responsive for the whole hour. I was landing all my tracking and flicking shots so much more easily! Didn't feel like I was dying so very unfairly. I wasn't mindblowingly amazing or anything like that but everything just felt fair, normal and my true skill level. Almost made me cry to play the game after so many years with no problems for over an hour.

So it seems the theory some posts made here about EMI/electrical/some unknown issue where it corrupts everything connected in your house/outlet/PC may be correct. And before you say it's a mouse or PC issue, I have tried 6/7 different mouses all ranging from wired, wireless, bluetooth etc. 5 different PCs from laptops to desktops. And almost every possible fixes out there I could find over 2 years. Though I am thinking the EMI/electrial/unknown issue could only affect mouse or mainly wireless mouse? So another thing to try is keep the same PC. Bring it to a new place where there is no EMI/electrial/unknown issue but get a new mouse.

Whatever this lag is poison for your mental and lot of people think it doesn't exist or it is simple fix. All the gaslighting really brings you down until you play without no lag at all and really see your true skill. Too bad there's is not much reliable or easy way to prove this unless in person. I may try to go back there if I have time to really test it long as I can to be 100% sure. But god I hope I didn't totally mess up one of the PCs there just even by plugging in my mouse which still sounds so crazy to me. How just plugging in my mouse can cause such issue. So weird. People really wouldn't know how this crap feels like until they experience it themselves and I wouldn't wish it on any gamer. So only thing I guess I try to do now is move to a whole new place and buy all new hardware. It's so sad that this is the only realistic solution we have so far :(
Last edited by MontyTheAverage on 10 Apr 2022, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.

Slender

Re: Some New Interesting Findings on My Long Battle With Input Lag and Desync Issues

Post by Slender » 10 Apr 2022, 00:12

for people like you, we created a separate section on the forum, why don't you write there?
I'll tell you a secret, the correct pc setup is 99.9%

MontyTheAverage

Re: Some New Interesting Findings on My Long Battle With Input Lag and Desync Issues

Post by MontyTheAverage » 10 Apr 2022, 00:51

Slender wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 00:12
for people like you, we created a separate section on the forum, why don't you write there?
I forgot the possible electrical section is separate. I don't know how to move it there. Maybe admin will help.

And I tried several different PCs, peripherals, CPUs GPUs, optimizations, all different "correct PC setups" and even changing nothing much or keeping it stock. Over hundreds of different things for over 2 years. None of that has worked. I wish it was correct PC setup that fixes it. Some people literally don't change a single thing or buy a weak PC that barley can handle 60 FPS but rarely have complained about specific issues I have mentioned. And plz if you have a correct super secret pc setup maybe I haven't tried, let me know. I am still open to anything to fix this mess

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 10 Apr 2022, 02:03

MontyTheAverage wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 00:51
Slender wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 00:12
I forgot the possible electrical section is separate. I don't know how to move it there. Maybe admin will help.

And I tried several different PCs, peripherals, CPUs GPUs, optimizations, all different "correct PC setups" and even changing nothing much or keeping it stock. Over hundreds of different things for over 2 years. None of that has worked. I wish it was correct PC setup that fixes it. Some people literally don't change a single thing or buy a weak PC that barley can handle 60 FPS but rarely have complained about specific issues I have mentioned. And plz if you have a correct super secret pc setup maybe I haven't tried, let me know. I am still open to anything to fix this mess
so your experience is same as Nj
https://justpaste.it/9gtp3
thanks for admit that theory
also dont forget to try on this new gaming center where you are fixed with they mouse bring your mouse you should experience what we call 1 sec lag game changer everytime when you plug your mouse there you should feel 1 sec lag and then everything become bad and then when you plug they mouse you should experience same think but everything become smooth and instant

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 10 Apr 2022, 11:19

Didnt you infected now the clean PC on the e sport center, when you pluged in ?

dervu

Post by dervu » 10 Apr 2022, 11:55

If you are so sure this mouse made it happen, then send it to someone who has more knowledge and is able to tell what is wrong.
Even to manufacturer, to tell if something is wrong with this mouse and why.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 10 Apr 2022, 12:20

MontyTheAverage wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 23:45
So I have been battling this horrid input lag, sluggish slow mouse and unsmooth gameplay most of us here know about. Also game desync where it feels like the I am 1 second behind the server and get shot very unfairly before the enemy is even on my screen.

Today I went to the nearest Esports center I could find. I also took the mouse that I mainly use (G Pro Wireless). I started playing Apex Legends on the Esports center and plugged my mouse in. It was the same crappy input lag and all other issues. The problems were same here as it was back in my house. For first few minutes in a game or even restarting it feels decent but slowly the input lag and choppiness gets worse and worse. I can also feel the lag issues outside the game on windows desktop or using other problems in general. Just most apparent in competitive online games. Other times it gets good for few seconds and then back to being shit. It's like the lag randomly varies so you can't even create muscle memory for the lag. And my hitreg is terrible. And I'm dying in the most impossible ways. I almost lost all hope at this point and started to think someway it even affects my account. Then I asked the guy in charge of the place and told me it shouldn't be playing like that. Maybe some settings are off. He didn't really figure out any way to fix it which I probably knew what was going to happen.

But then I moved to another computer in the Esports center but this time I decided not to connect my G Pro Wireless. Just signed into my account and started playing the game with their $20 hyper X wired mouse. (also forgot to mention I swtiched back and forth with the two mouses on the first PC to make sure it is not just related to one mouse). All the ingame, windows and graphics settings are same as back home and also same as the first PC I used in the center connected with my G Pro Wireless.

I played for an hour and I experienced NO input lag and hitreg issues! My game play was smooth and very responsive for the whole hour. I was landing all my tracking and flicking shots so much more easily! Didn't feel like I was dying so very unfairly. I wasn't mindblowingly amazing or anything like that but everything just felt fair, normal and my true skill level. Almost made me cry to play the game after so many years with no problems for over an hour.

So it seems the theory some posts made here about EMI/electrical/some unknown issue where it corrupts everything connected in your house/outlet/PC may be correct. And before you say it's a mouse or PC issue, I have tried 6/7 different mouses all ranging from wired, wireless, bluetooth etc. 5 different PCs from laptops to desktops. And almost every possible fixes out there I could find over 2 years. Though I am thinking the EMI/electrial/unknown issue could only affect mouse or mainly wireless mouse? So another thing to try is keep the same PC. Bring it to a new place where there is no EMI/electrial/unknown issue but get a new mouse.

Whatever this lag is poison for your mental and lot of people think it doesn't exist or it is simple fix. All the gaslighting really brings you down until you play without no lag at all and really see your true skill. Too bad there's is not much reliable or easy way to prove this unless in person. I may try to go back there if I have time to really test it long as I can to be 100% sure. But god I hope I didn't totally mess up one of the PCs there just even by plugging in my mouse which still sounds so crazy to me. How just plugging in my mouse can cause such issue. So weird. People really wouldn't know how this crap feels like until they experience it themselves and I wouldn't wish it on any gamer. So only thing I guess I try to do now is move to a whole new place and buy all new hardware. It's so sad that this is the only realistic solution we have so far :(
Wireless mice are WIRELESS and that comes with EMI problems. Physics don't agree with the statement of "ThE eMi iS InFeCtInG thE pC". Most of the weird issues i've seen come from alt-tabbing.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 12 Apr 2022, 01:01

If you could go back to the esports centre and see if that behaviour is consistent across multiple machines would be very helpful.

And also seeing if once your mouse has been plugged in, if when plugging their mouse back in, movements return back to usual.

👍

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 21 Apr 2022, 12:15

Some people will tell you otherwise, but I’m pretty confident this is true, since I built a secondary pc for my own personal requirements I noticed a few strange things, I built it for native Windows 7 use so it’s pretty old hardware, when I first built it I originally had some generic ram in it, I ordered some low latency ddr3 ram for it and when I first put it in I instantly noticed an improvement in mouse response, on desktop, at first I thought maybe the ram before hand was simply no good and that was the difference, but after a while this improvement in responsiveness seemed to diminish, back to the state of the older ram, I also bought a usb 2.0 pcie card, so I could have my keyboard on a separate usb controller to my mouse, same thing when I first installed it, thought to myself this is all I needed all along, loaded up a game I was playing, was miss clicking so much less, seemed like clicks just seemed to land more correctly, without me putting much thought into it, a bit of time goes by and as with the ram, it went back to its natural state after a day or so

Now this is where it gets strange imo, I took the pcie card out as I was testing an old ps/2 keyboard to potentially take any load off mouse input, everything was all ok, then, some time after, maybe a month or more, I re-plugged the pcie card to try it again… exact same thing, felt good again, if I let my spare components sit there for a while with no use, (I’d estimate maybe a week or so), it seems to fix that “infected” state, which some people like to call it, I’ve also noticed it to a lesser degree with mice, and other components, my issue is prob no way near as bad as yours, by the sound of it, but the “clean/responsive” vs “slightly dulled down” is still there, it’s mostly me being picky.

I just wanted to write this out because some people who claim the whole “infected” parts thing get labelled as whackos, I’m 99% confident it’s true, but some people say it’s permanent and you need to throw away “infected” peripherals/components, which isn’t true.

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 21 Apr 2022, 16:19

Mr1991 wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 12:15
Some people will tell you otherwise, but I’m pretty confident this is true, since I built a secondary pc for my own personal requirements I noticed a few strange things, I built it for native Windows 7 use so it’s pretty old hardware, when I first built it I originally had some generic ram in it, I ordered some low latency ddr3 ram for it and when I first put it in I instantly noticed an improvement in mouse response, on desktop, at first I thought maybe the ram before hand was simply no good and that was the difference, but after a while this improvement in responsiveness seemed to diminish, back to the state of the older ram, I also bought a usb 2.0 pcie card, so I could have my keyboard on a separate usb controller to my mouse, same thing when I first installed it, thought to myself this is all I needed all along, loaded up a game I was playing, was miss clicking so much less, seemed like clicks just seemed to land more correctly, without me putting much thought into it, a bit of time goes by and as with the ram, it went back to its natural state after a day or so

Now this is where it gets strange imo, I took the pcie card out as I was testing an old ps/2 keyboard to potentially take any load off mouse input, everything was all ok, then, some time after, maybe a month or more, I re-plugged the pcie card to try it again… exact same thing, felt good again, if I let my spare components sit there for a while with no use, (I’d estimate maybe a week or so), it seems to fix that “infected” state, which some people like to call it, I’ve also noticed it to a lesser degree with mice, and other components, my issue is prob no way near as bad as yours, by the sound of it, but the “clean/responsive” vs “slightly dulled down” is still there, it’s mostly me being picky.

I just wanted to write this out because some people who claim the whole “infected” parts thing get labelled as whackos, I’m 99% confident it’s true, but some people say it’s permanent and you need to throw away “infected” peripherals/components, which isn’t true.
this last part i agree but its like 50/50 do we have somebody who try ^infected^ gear not used for idk 1 week somewhere else ?
i belive if somebody try ^infected gear somewhere else it was immediately not with 1 week pause from a power