Electricity esports input/desync/better at night fixed!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
nomoreproblems

Electricity esports input/desync/better at night fixed!

Post by nomoreproblems » 18 Apr 2022, 17:22

Hello guys, im ex professional counter strike player.. since 2016 me and my team has been suffered from this input lag desynchronization that we managed to finally fix it(+other 6 people manged to fix it too).I don't want to enumerate all the thing that we tried since this years .. its already know by the people that have this error.

So the problem for us was coming from a change that power company made it in 2016 in our houses.. they have changed our electric meter from inside house to outside wall with a newer one.The problem was this new electric meter transforms the electricity into some frequency that can be readed by the processor they have..because of the mount position on the wall of this meter that frequency enter into electric wires that are in the wall, but not only that its also in the air affecting.To resolve this problem we called our company power and asked them to move this thing away, they put it into my yard 10 meters away, thats it! never felt this good gaming experience at my home since good old days.

Why is this desynchronization better at night? and the problem seems to be diminishing?
The fact is that at night, the amount of electricity consumed is much lower than during the day, so that power plants can afford to supply electricity at a lower price. This trend is also taken into account by an electricity meter so this mean less frequency.

We fixed this issue 5 6 months ago and have amazing matches since then, no need to go lan to play normal anymore..i'm glad if i can help other people to solve this annoying issue
If you have any questions i respond to messages on discord when i have free time..here: L1v1u#8985

Sorry for any misspelling word incorrect writing, i'm not native speaker! :roll:

Plznoinputlag

Re: Electricity esports input/desync/better at night fixed!

Post by Plznoinputlag » 20 Apr 2022, 04:44

how u can move electric meter away from home when u living in an apartment? its always has to be in your fuse box no?

nomoreproblems

Post by nomoreproblems » 20 Apr 2022, 08:31

Plznoinputlag wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 04:44
how u can move electric meter away from home when u living in an apartment? its always has to be in your fuse box no?
Yes, it is very complicated for apartments, people have moved and this problem stayed because of the improper installation of this electricity meter (close to electric wires)that is present almost 20% in world now.
These are also possible fixes of this issue..
-call the company and tell them to swap your new meter with old traditional disk(mine didn't accept this)
-try to make them to move it in another room far from your setup and any outlet/light if possible.
-try and move your all setup to another room (obvious far as possible from culprit minimum 5m recommended 10) and all cables even internet ruter and all the things.. dont let any cable that is going to your pc setup closer than 5m to his location.

kriegsnake

Post by kriegsnake » 20 Apr 2022, 09:16

Yes, I'm kind of curious too. I have fuse box in my appartement on 4th floor, and the electric meter is on the 1st floor next to 50 others who live in this building.

sunrisesineast

Post by sunrisesineast » 20 Apr 2022, 16:25

Hi, how did you figure out it was the meter causing the problem? And can you show a picture of this meter so I can identify if I have the same type installed. Could you also tell us which country you are located in?

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 20 Apr 2022, 21:37

He can't because it is obvious trolling.

nomoreproblems

Post by nomoreproblems » 21 Apr 2022, 01:03

sunrisesineast wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 16:25
Hi, how did you figure out it was the meter causing the problem? And can you show a picture of this meter so I can identify if I have the same type installed. Could you also tell us which country you are located in?
A friend that decided to rewire his house also with this problem, told me he fix the issue of input lag after the rewire. But not the rewire fixed his problem, he wanted to delete a wall in his kitchen, throught this wall was going the cables of el. meter to the box on the wall outside next to his all setup room and outlets.Electricians needed to move this wires through another wall and put the box in front of the house already 7 8 meters far of his setup.I saw this change when i tested my laptop at him, i researched about this boxes and when they have been installed, saw they can produce a frequency to communicate and to measure the electricity consumption(confirmed by electrician). My country is Romania.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (404.21 KiB) Viewed 5337 times
as you can see this thing was next to my room causing all these problems

nomoreproblems

Post by nomoreproblems » 21 Apr 2022, 01:06

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 21:37
yes you found me :roll:

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 21 Apr 2022, 01:14

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 21:37
yeah the the line and neutral wires need to be connected to the meter in the fuse box so how you can move this far away its impossible

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 22 Apr 2022, 06:50

If your wording is correct and you're talking about the actual electric meter then the electric wires going to your apartment or house has to go through it first, one way or another. There's no other way around it, The sole purpose of the electric meter is to calculate your electricity consumption. Judging by the picture you posted, that does not look like an electric meter to me unless the 4 wires are going through the wall behind the box! There's only one wire going to that box. An electric meter, even a single phase one requires at least 4 wires " 2 line, 2 neutral" 2 going in and 2 going out. More to that, the black thing on the top right corner does look like an electric meter, but not a smart one though, so maybe it's connected to a smart meter next to it and the white cable going from that box is probably it's connection line?

Can you possibly take a closeup picture of that box so we can know what it is exactly?
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini