Innocn 15.6" 4k OLED Monitor Testing PU15-PRE

High Hz on OLED produce excellent strobeless motion blur reduction with fast GtG pixel response. It is easier to tell apart 60Hz vs 120Hz vs 240Hz on OLED than LCD, and more visible to mainstream. Includes WOLED and QD-OLED displays.
Naveronasis

Re: Innocn 15.6" 4k OLED Monitor Testing PU15-PRE

Post by Naveronasis » 31 Aug 2022, 13:55

Update! After a month it stopped charging. :(

C-Force and extend touch pro are my last hope but the extend touch is a bit too expensive at 800 I might buy a cforce. It's battery free.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 31 Aug 2022, 18:36

Naveronasis wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 13:55
Update! After a month it stopped charging. :(

C-Force and extend touch pro are my last hope but the extend touch is a bit too expensive at 800 I might buy a cforce. It's battery free.
A cheap battery in an expensive OLED? Ouch.

Are you able to return it for a warranty claim? If not, maybe send it to me? I need additional random OLEDs of all sizes, small and big, for upcoming display testing inventions. Send me a PM.

Regardless, I can confirm that OLEDs have very roughly about a 1.5x motion clarity advantage (sample and hold) over a typical LCD, which is also why the 170Hz Alienware OLED looks somewhat clearer motion than a 240Hz LCD -- due to the lack of LCD GtG.

At 0ms GtG, displays starts more perfectly following Blur Busters Law (1ms of pixel visibility time translating to 1 pixel of motion blur per 1000 pixels/sec).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Naveronasis

Post by Naveronasis » 05 Sep 2022, 01:21

Well, to anyone who is still watching this post... Got the C-Force one... Full review coming soon. TLDR/Spoiler. It's the best one yet for image quality... but the worst one for features. However, it may be the best one for long term desktop use since it has NO BATTERY and can accept wall power on BOTH USB-C ports. Making it both redundant AND fewer points of failure. It also does not crush blacks.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Sep 2022, 12:31

Naveronasis wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 01:21
Well, to anyone who is still watching this post... Got the C-Force one... Full review coming soon. TLDR/Spoiler. It's the best one yet for image quality... but the worst one for features. However, it may be the best one for long term desktop use since it has NO BATTERY and can accept wall power on BOTH USB-C ports. Making it both redundant AND fewer points of failure. It also does not crush blacks.
Regarding "wall power"

Wall power is not always essential -- you can use an appropriately USB-C PD battery bank of enough spec, such as the Charmast 10400 or bigger. It outputs up to 18 watts of USB-C PD power from a compact battery bank, which is enough to power most USB-C portable monitors. I tested it on a 10-watt portable 144 Hz monitor, and it works!

Also, some gaming laptops has the ability to output enough power on its USB-C port to power an external gaming monitor, but not all external gaming monitors supports power AND video over the same port.

High power USB-C support is hit and miss, but you don't need to use *wall power*...
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!