PSVR 2 Cinematic Mode. Best Motion Clarity EVER

High Hz on OLED produce excellent strobeless motion blur reduction with fast GtG pixel response. It is easier to tell apart 60Hz vs 120Hz vs 240Hz on OLED than LCD, and more visible to mainstream. Includes WOLED and QD-OLED displays.
Angel Soler

PSVR 2 Cinematic Mode. Best Motion Clarity EVER

Post by Angel Soler » 11 Mar 2023, 03:26

Hello everyone.
First of all, sorry for my English. I am Spanish and I am using a translator.

Some time ago I saw the LG OLED C1 TV at a friend's house. I had been told it was the best TV around for clarity of motion. I saw a PS5 game at 60hz and I didn't like it at all. It had a lot of blurring. I then watched the same game at 120hz, and the image improved, but still had a significant amount of blurring.

Then I came to think that there was no OLED TV that could have motion clarity like a CRT (I'm a fan of motion clarity and CRTs). I am a console player. I currently play on a Benq XL2411P and a Viewsonic XG2431. At the moment they are the only two monitors that have given me the clarity of movement at 60hz comparable to a CRT. Of course accompanied by the essential Blur Buster Strobe Utility

On February 22 I bought the PSVR2. This viewer has a mode in which it simulates being in front of a large oled-type cinema screen at 120 hz.
Well, I saw a game at 120hz in the viewfinder and it was PERFECT!!!! It looked exactly like a CRT. The clarity of movement was PERFECT and the response of the controls was also perfect (no input lag at all).

My question is: Is there any OLED television or monitor that provides me with that image clarity at 120 Hz. So perfect?
I was researching and I read something about current oled televisions having a persistence of 4ms, but these types of viewers had a persistence of 2ms.
I don't know if what I'm saying is correct.

Long story short, I'm looking for an oled tv or monitor that achieves absolute perfection in image clarity at 120hz, just like the PSVR 2 in cinematic mode.
And, of course, without input lag. The fascinating thing about the viewfinder is that it achieves that clarity of movement only by activating 120hz. No need for BFI or anything that affects input lag.

Thank you very much for reading me.

All the best

jorimt

Re: PSVR 2 Cinematic Mode. Best Motion Clarity EVER

Post by jorimt » 11 Mar 2023, 11:00

Angel Soler wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 03:26
The fascinating thing about the viewfinder is that it achieves that clarity of movement only by activating 120hz. No need for BFI or anything that affects input lag.
The PSVR2 has strobing OLED displays.

Virtually all VR headsets (LCD and OLED) strobe, whereas most of the latest OLED-type TV and monitor models currently don't.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

Angel Soler

Post by Angel Soler » 11 Mar 2023, 11:31

jorimt wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 11:00
Angel Soler wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 03:26
The fascinating thing about the viewfinder is that it achieves that clarity of movement only by activating 120hz. No need for BFI or anything that affects input lag.
The PSVR2 has strobing OLED displays.

Virtually all VR headsets (LCD and OLED) strobe, whereas most of the latest OLED-type TV and monitor models currently don't.
Now I understand why it looks so smooth hahahaha.

I didn't know it was in strobe mode.

Thank you very much for answering me

Well, the key will be to find an OLED television that has strobe mode at 120 hz

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Mar 2023, 03:36

Angel Soler wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 11:31
You can get an LG C9 to reduce 120Hz motion blur by 50%, but not like a CRT.

PSVR2 uses a custom OLED capable of strobing much briefer than the world's best OLED TV.

It's all about BFI Pulse width.

Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Angel Soler

Post by Angel Soler » 12 Mar 2023, 05:49

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 03:36
Angel Soler wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 11:31
You can get an LG C9 to reduce 120Hz motion blur by 50%, but not like a CRT.

PSVR2 uses a custom OLED capable of strobing much briefer than the world's best OLED TV.

It's all about BFI Pulse width.

ok, now i understand everything

Thank you very much for answering and helping me.

Well, we will continue waiting for the TV or Oled monitor to achieve the perfection of a CRT.
Surely some oled monitor with Blur Buster certification ends up coming out. I will buy it without thinking.

Meanwhile, content with Xl 2411P and XG2431

Thank you very much again and regards

Ángel

NeonPizza

Post by NeonPizza » 30 Oct 2023, 04:06

So Quest 2 has a sub 1ms motion persistence @100nits.
Does that also apply to the Quest 3 as well?

PSVR2 at it's best, motion wise, does 2ms at only 60nits with the VR brightness slider dropped to zero. Once you get to the 4th or 5th slider notch I've been told you're at around 110nits, but then the persistence becomes slower and head movement blur becomes obvious. it's like you're trading motion for brightness, and it's up to the user to find that happy medium. Ideally, sub 1ms over 120nits would be great if possible.

Wonder where the Apple Vision Pro ranks with it's micro-oled display.