OLED motion blur performance vs TN

High Hz on OLED produce excellent strobeless motion blur reduction with fast GtG pixel response. It is easier to tell apart 60Hz vs 120Hz vs 240Hz on OLED than LCD, and more visible to mainstream. Includes WOLED and QD-OLED displays.
haku

OLED motion blur performance vs TN

Post by haku » 05 Dec 2023, 11:36

Hi,

Recently I saw a review of the Asus PG248QP and in there there was a graphic included of the Blur Busters UFO Test comparison between different TN/IPS panels (youtube video: UonGoqrAdMA?t=800 - I can't seem to post links otherwise). I currently have/use the XL2566K and while I'm not really interested in the Asus monitor I generally try to follow new OLED releases because down the line I would want to switch to an OLED panel if it reaches similar/better motion blur performance to the XL2566K (with strobing enabled). After watching that video I tried to find the same test done on the PG27AQDM but I couldn't find anything. If the test has been done and posted online could I ask for a link please? And if not how do you think the PG27AQDM would perform comparatively and when would you expect OLED panels start to overtake the current top of the line panels with strobing?

EliteA1

Re: OLED motion blur performance vs TN

Post by EliteA1 » 13 Jan 2024, 21:41

I've used benQ monitors since lightboost on the XL2711T which is probably 10+ years I've exclusively used BFI. When using the 240hz OLEDs I get motion sickness due to the amount of blur since I'm use to strobing my entire life. The 360HZ OLEDS look a little better but still not as good as strobing. There's a 480hz Asus OLED coming out this year which supports their version of strobing which is called ELMB. Hopefully this can strobe at 240hz and isn't limited to 120hz.