Asus PG27AQDM vertical banding

High Hz on OLED produce excellent strobeless motion blur reduction with fast GtG pixel response. It is easier to tell apart 60Hz vs 120Hz vs 240Hz on OLED than LCD, and more visible to mainstream. Includes WOLED and QD-OLED displays.
hdecker

Asus PG27AQDM vertical banding

Post by hdecker » 06 Jan 2024, 01:13

Hi I’m looking for some information on an issue I’ve ran into on the PG27AQDM displays that I can’t find any information on. Essentially sometimes vertical banding is really bad and sometimes it is clean.

Typically whenever I turn it on after it’s been off for over 30 minutes or so I will get the intense banding and I’ll have to have it on for awhile and a pixel refresh will clean it up again. Sometimes though a pixel refresh will make it go from clean to intense again though. Sometimes I can turn it on after a whole night and it will be clean. When it’s intense I get a lot of Venetian blind/Mura effect as well.

Has anyone experienced this before? I’m aware banding can change somewhat after refreshes and other factors but on these monitors it’s always a big difference and the banding is in the same spots if it’s intense.

Any help would be great!