AW3225QF vs AW3423DWF

High Hz on OLED produce excellent strobeless motion blur reduction with fast GtG pixel response. It is easier to tell apart 60Hz vs 120Hz vs 240Hz on OLED than LCD, and more visible to mainstream. Includes WOLED and QD-OLED displays.
ftwknx

AW3225QF vs AW3423DWF

Post by ftwknx » 04 Mar 2024, 11:02

I'm having a hard time choosing between the two. I have an XL2566k that I specifically use for CS2, but I want something for every other game (including Valorant, League of Legends, Warzone etc), so that I don't have to swap my monitor every time I play a competitive game. So I basically still need a competitive monitor. Should I just go for the 27 inch one since it has 360 Hz? I want the best possible motion clarity in some games, while in others I want the best graphics (World of Warcraft, Age of Empires and similar chill games). FPS is also super important but I'd use DLSS on a 4k monitor with new games.

Just watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgtzP5Xs1aI and noticed that OLEDs aren't even close to LCD + backlight strobing, which is extremely disappointing to say at least. I guess 240 hz 4k would hurt my eyes when it comes to motion clarity, so after watching this I believe the 360 hz oled is the best choice for me right now, but I'd like to hear your opinion as well. I just can't understand how every youtuber reviewing the monitors say that the motion clarity is amazing when based on Monitors Unboxed's tests the clarity is not even close to an LCD. Is the oled better than the LCD + backlight strobing combo when running below 360 fps? Is this why they feel like it's super smooth?

tong

Re: AW3225QF vs AW3423DWF

Post by tong » 04 Mar 2024, 16:46

These strobed monitors lose all their value if you cant get locked high frame rates, so you have to cope with a shitty picture in such situations.
OLEDs may not have the absolute best motion clarity, mostly due to manufacturers ignoring BFI, but they're better at every other picture quality metric.

Only someone who plays competitive E-Sports for a living would still consider strobed LCDs, so if you're NOT this kind of person, OLED is obviously the best choice.