Is ViewSonic XG2402 FLICKER FREE unlike ASUS VG248QE?

There are over 100 ergonomic issues from displays, far more than just flicker and blue light. This forum covers the giant variety of display ergonomics issues.
ThatGuy

Is ViewSonic XG2402 FLICKER FREE unlike ASUS VG248QE?

Post by ThatGuy » 06 Apr 2019, 17:37

Hello first time post and have been reading around the good info here.

I bought the ASUS VG248QE the other day, and it has already been messing up my eyes after just a few days. I can’t take it anymore, so I did research and found out it’s because that monitor has PWM-Dimming so I’m basically staring at a strobe light. I was looking for some alternatives that are 144hz with 1ms and do not have the problems I’ve had with the ASUS one. I have seen the Viewsonic XG2402 and the XG2401 popping up as good alternatives, and of the two the XG2402 seems like the better option, HOWEVER, when I look on the ViewSonic website it looks like only the XG2401 is listed as Flicker Free, and I don’t see anything on the website indicating that the newer XG2402 is also Flicker Free? And yet, I think I saw in a picture something that looked like it might be?

Can someone clarify this for me? I’m also open to other suggestions for 144hz monitors. I’m looking for something that doesn’t have all that flickering in it, and also has the lowest input lag for competitive FPS games. Looking forward to your input!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Is ViewSonic XG2402 FLICKER FREE unlike ASUS VG248QE?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Apr 2019, 18:11

Yes.

Yes, ViewSonic XG2402 is 100% PWM-free dimming.

All brand name game monitors manufacturered in 2018 onwards are now generally PWM-free, so some manufacturers have stopped advertising that feature. However, multiple parties have already confirmed XG2402 is PWM-free.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy » 06 Apr 2019, 18:28

Thanks for the reply! I am assuming that therefore the XG240R is also flicker free. Great news.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Apr 2019, 15:00

Yes. All modern ViewSonics are.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!