Implement a rule to list PC specs?

Forum registration problems? Need help with creating a post? Want to send suggestions of improvements to Blur Busters Forums? Tell us here!
xShino

Implement a rule to list PC specs?

Post by xShino » 06 Aug 2022, 05:18

I'm frequenting the "Input Lag / Display Lag / Network Lag" Posts and I feel like many people neglect to post their full PC specifications.

It would be beneficial if everyone did so, if they have problems with their own computer, so in the future we can check posts with similar issues. If the problem is hardware related, we could easily identify the "matching parts" of other posts.

If there are 5 posts with people claiming they have input lag and all use the same mainboard, then people can choose whether or not they wish to avoid said hardware - for example.

Just my two cents.

DPRTMELR

Re: Implement a rule to list PC specs?

Post by DPRTMELR » 08 Aug 2022, 07:28

If maybe there are 500 people using a motherboard claiming they all have the same type of input lag, then that motherboard has a design flaw. i think most motherboard related issues in general comes from human errors from the engineers. you could maybe do a breakdown by the brand name for their lack of qa but not by model because that's luck of the draw.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Implement a rule to list PC specs?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Aug 2022, 19:40

This is a meritworthy suggestion. Can't hurt to tell people to be at least nominally more descriptive of their equipment (even just one paragraph).

(Note, enforcement will be difficult due to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10356 ...)

However, will find way to mention this recommendation, to at least increase thread usefulness.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!