Asking for formatting help

Forum registration problems? Need help with creating a post? Want to send suggestions of improvements to Blur Busters Forums? Tell us here!
br00m

Asking for formatting help

Post by br00m » 17 May 2018, 10:03

I want to have a table in a post (rows, columns). Is there a formatting option for that?

When I use BBC Code it doesnt work in the preview. Will it in the post?

I read that I need to ask an Admin/Moderator to enable it. Ive no idea how though!

Let me test:

[table]
[tr]
[th]Name[/th]
[th]Age[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]John[/td]
[td]65[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Gitte[/td]
[td]40[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Sussie[/td]
[td]19[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Asking for formatting help

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 May 2018, 13:39

I'm able to update the UBB formatting system on this forum....

I like to try to keep to standards, just in case I ever switch forum software. The problem is nonstandard BBCODE can break whenever switching forum software which is a huge PITA. So I have to proceed very carefully here. I do have one nonstandard tag [testufo] for embedding TESTUFO animations, though, so there's precedent.

What table were you about to post (it sounds like you were about to post something interesting)?

Which other tech discussion forums have implemented these custom non-standard BBCODE modifications?

Let me know! I want look into it, just have to think this very carefully in a future-proof manner as I will have to modify my forum software.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

br00m

Post by br00m » 18 May 2018, 06:41

I tested about 30 settings in CSGO and their influence on input lag. So far I posted it on reddit. Here is the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... _on_input/

There arent really new results, since flood already tested most settings but I tried to recreate his findings!

Its formatted by just adding | as column borders in this way:

setting | influence on input lag | ^ | ^

I could just post the link to the reddit post I guess, but it would be nicer to have the post here.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 May 2018, 00:29

Thanks!

That is great data I'd love you to post here too...

For that great data, I'll expend some effort on a solution to this. Gimme a few days.

Or as another option if wanting to do it sooner -- can also use fixed formatting inside

Code: Select all

tags too, as an alternative -- like ASCII art.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 19 May 2018, 10:28

How did you get "fps_max 50" to work?

Also, the multicore rendering setting result is very surprising. Are you 100% sure the setting got actually applied? It should be easy to notice, since with it off your FPS will see a severe drop.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

br00m

Post by br00m » 21 May 2018, 11:55

It was actually 58 FPS not 50. Thanks for poiting that out, didnt even realize you cant go below 58 or 60 in CSGO.

When I look in the console it says "mat_queue_mode 0" after I disabled multicore rendering and restarted CSGO which means it should be disabled. It doesnt go below 300 on dust2 where I capped it at though.

Multicore rendering has a big impact on FPS though, on an FPS benchmark map i get 200 instead of 300 FPS, but not on input lag.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 21 May 2018, 12:47

br00m wrote:Multicore rendering has a big impact on FPS though, on an FPS benchmark map i get 200 instead of 300 FPS, but not on input lag.
That's a nice find actually! The "common knowledge" right now is that multicore rendering increases input lag somewhat.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

br00m

Post by br00m » 21 May 2018, 15:16

Flood disproved that a long time ago, much better than I did. he had a much larger sample size. mat_queue_mode -1,2 is multicore and 0,1 is singlecore.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =964042784

If anything multicore rendering off increases input lag due to lower FPS, as you know.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 21 May 2018, 15:29

G-Sync users have a choice between multi-core on and off at the same frame rate (141FPS on 144Hz monitors and 162FPS on 165Hz.) These frame rates are easy to hit even with multi-core off, and I thought that MC off was better in this case.

br00m

Post by br00m » 21 May 2018, 15:41

i remember flood wrote something about mqm 2 when its gpu bound. then it could increase the input lag:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1983993412

but i remember that he said sth like that those results dont matter. have to look up what he rwote exactly.