PM's Stuck In "Outbox"

Forum registration problems? Need help with creating a post? Want to send suggestions of improvements to Blur Busters Forums? Tell us here!
Joel D

PM's Stuck In "Outbox"

Post by Joel D » 12 Jun 2020, 20:46

Anyone else suddenly having problems sending PM's ? I sent a fellow member a PM 2 days ago, and unlike any PM I sent before here its stuck in the outbox... STILL ! And is NOT in my "sent" folder like they usually have done in the past.

I then went to PM ChiefBB about it and that one is now stuck in Outbox too ! And again, still not in the "sent" folder.

Whats going on here ? Anyone else experiencing this ? I'm not sure if they have received the PM or not (Chief can you confirm that for me please ?) and maybe it just looks this way in my CP ? IDK ?

Joel D

Re: PM's Stuck In "Outbox"

Post by Joel D » 15 Jun 2020, 02:46

I got a answer to this. Air is finally cleared ! lol From Chief himself.

There is actually nothing wrong with the PM system here. What it is, is your outgoing PM's remain in the "Outbox" folder until they been read. Once they've been read, they then go into the "Sent" folder.

So:

Outbox = Unread
Sent = Read

But in any case, they have been successfully "sent" to the intended recipient.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: PM's Stuck In "Outbox"

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Jun 2020, 10:47

That's how PHPBB works (PHPBB is the name of the forum software that Blur Busters uses) -- it's been a subject of debate in phpbb nuance for over a decade.

But actually, looking into it, there's a nuance. If the user opens the Inbox but doesn't read the messages yet, then sender sees the message in the sent.

So more accurately it follows these lines:

Outbox = Recipient hasn't opened the Inbox yet since you sent the PM
Sent = Recipient opened the Inbox, at least has seen the message title in Inbox
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!