[Unproductive Discussion Split Off From Original 8000 Hz Mouse Thread]

Forum registration problems? Need help with creating a post? Want to send suggestions of improvements to Blur Busters Forums? Tell us here!
lyrill

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by lyrill » 10 Nov 2020, 02:13

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 17:00
empleat wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 12:01
If he shittalks me, what am suppose to do. Let him shit on my head? I wasn't posting anything un-nice, until this person attacked me... You have to defend yourself... Btw it is not even anything un-nice, it is the truth, he was saying pros use BS. Yet he didn't know single thing about mice so... It was just some asshole complaining...
Unlike in game matches or on social media, retaliatory responses is not allowed in these forums.. Moderators will give temp ban if this happens again (you just did it again; see red highlighted words).

These forums are like Video Game School Class — the teacher will put you into detention if you use bad-mannered defenses. We won’t let these forums degrade to Twitter/Facebook discourse — these forums are different.

Instead, when someone breaks rules, please click the Report button and ignore the person. The moderator team will reprimand as necessary.

Instructions: Click the button at the upper-right corner of the post.

Thank you.
done, added to "foe".

yep will watch for minimum capitalization but doubt that this thread will ever see any trifle as it was fine before him. not that it's not a public forum and anyone is welcomed to be here nor that I dictate any of that.

Yep have read through all of this thread previously. Am aware of all those. Still worth pointing out with summation. Obviously would be checking those "hot fps titles" out in length when I can find time, diabotical (epic) the circle(epic), hyperscape (uplay), valorant(riot), apex(origin), fortniteRtx (epic) COD(BATTLENET ASIA) etc... Currently barely have enough time for my day to weekly repertoire for more or less 3-4 years -for honor, battlerite, hots, ow, qc ; war thunder, r6s, bfv, sandstorm, pubg, and doom see much less time recently and I barely have time for csgo/dota 2 once in half a year but I did add spellbreak and sw squadrons to the list even though their ccu is pretty bad so half the time servers are dead. But I'd like to think I play more diversely and diligently than most who call themselves "hardcore pvp gamers" / have more actual in game usage feedback/demand than those "gaming gear experts"

Will check that thread when i find time, TYVM for all the efforts.

btw the 200kpm aimbotz world's #1 dude still was insisting in the comment section of tmp test that 400dpi is great on sensei ten, even after he literally just read about glaring red flags ONLY on that dial. so yeah, I'm pretty sure it is 90%+ absent logic for most sub 1600dpi users , me personally prolly never would bother with those trainers in 10 lifetime. I play qc as I have for 4 years since the servers aren't closed, but more cus I paid for it on bethesda with potato platforming hoping it would at least go somewhere which it never did (dead local--as in continent-- servers and no new heroes for some years, getting by with random new map every next season), NOT because it's some arbitrary golden benchmark/great test tool for gaming gear...or less the DON of fps.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 13 Nov 2020, 08:00

axaro1 wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 04:39
Does anyone know when this 8000hz mouse will be available?

Are other companies working on high polling rate devices or is Razer the only one?
Razer only but doubt those other people will just sit and wait. That said Roccat is lacking and not even calling their burst pro's wired sensor owl eye 2 anymore, they just straight up call it 3389, lul. that's from 4 years ago, 4 full years + ago, they literally didn't do any optimization ever since gen 2 or why not brag about it? they brag about a mouse skate elaborately.

and don't get me started on where in the world is sensei prime i mean ss prime release. and i bet rival 5 is all but kaput so i'm stuck with holed aerox

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 28 Nov 2020, 06:52

More than disappointed about Razer, No disrespect to you Chief, but it's unlikely I would come back to this thread or any Razer related stuff ( not like anyone truly cared other than me and you anyways)

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/co ... w/gdrfxg3/

So falls Razer.

kurtextrem

Post by kurtextrem » 28 Nov 2020, 07:41

lyrill wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 06:52
More than disappointed about Razer, No disrespect to you Chief, but it's unlikely I would come back to this thread or any Razer related stuff ( not like anyone truly cared other than me and you anyways)

So falls Razer.
Dude, what the hell? Please don't tell me you're the Chinese named guy who is replying there. If you are, please kindly leave the forum and the scene. Not even the English is somewhat whacky to read, the demanding wording of this guy towards the Razer rep is unacceptable. A Razer rep does not owe ANYTHING to anyone, just because a guy might be active in the subreddit.

Razer falls not anywhere, humanity does, in this case. And I'm not a Razer fanboy to defend them, I just ask myself how I would react if I got such bullsh*t in my DMs.
Acer XF250Q, R6 competitive player

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

[Split Off From Original 8000 Hz Mouse Thread]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Nov 2020, 09:02

lyrill wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 06:52

So falls Razer.
I took a look at the screenshots you posted here and here.

As a receipient of free 8000 Hz mouse prototype sample (for testing) because I've been looking to support ALL vendors to break the 1000Hz vendor... I have something to say about this.

Razer simply stepped up to the plate to be the first to send a sample. For that, I am profusely thankful to Razer and naturally it just means Razer gets mentioned a lot more often by happenstance (incidential free advertising, often a side effect of sending out samples)

1. Sometimes companies manufacture a very limited set of prototype samples like only 50 or 100 units or 500 units for the reivewer/pro/developer/etc industry.

2. Sometimes there's more people on the list than samples.

3. Sometimes they're focussing on one group at a time (e.g. developers and creator of test tools).

4. Some people overlap (reviewers who are developers) and sometimes those people fuzz over the first/second runs.

5. Sometimes COVID creates difficulties, like slowing a factory down.

6. Sometimes it takes a long time between factory runs, especially waiting for new bugfixes to come together. So long waits between runs.

7. Sometimes it's all the above at the same time.

8. Then a next batch of prototypes gets sent out to the next set of qualified people (more reviewers, more pros).

From what I see, they didn't lie. I'm a developer myself creating custom mouse test tools.

Also, often times, It's like a big lineup to a VIP place/building. Sometimes they're just letting 100 people inside VIP at a time, and you're in for a long wait before the next 100 people enters the place again. It takes a long time for the factory to manufacture the next batch of prototypes, and sometimes they have to finish fixing the bugs that affected the first prototype run, before giving the factory the go-ahead.

For example, as a blog/media influencer in the high-Hz industry -- I'm still waiting on my very own NVIDIA LDAT device -- "I'm on the list" -- but I am 100% understanding and happy to be patient.

Repeatedly expressions of frustration for late samples is not encouraged. It's best to be patient/nice if you didn't make the first batch of samples. If you're a sponsored/influencer/insider/developer who receiver samples from manufacturers, but one of the manufacturers didn't give you one because they ran out -- you don't "claim liar" because there was too few samples for too big a list. The stuff I am seeing tends to get you blacklisted by all the manufacturers, so it's a shoot-your-own-foot endeavour.

Hey, even myself, I sometimes don't get free samples "in the first batch".

But I don't get mad about it. I'm patient.

The vendor often gives me a sample next time or next product, months or years later. If you got upset at a vendor by accident, apologize to the vendor, and just move on. The limited-run prototype manufacturing happens only once every few months in the year prior to actual product, so sometimes those sampling waves are erratic.

People familiar with receiving samples, just have to follow the sampling etiquette of being patient if you are an influencer/blogger/youtuber/pro/developer/media/whatever who didn't receive first-wave samples. Demanding/anger/whining tends get people you deleted from the list for second-wave or third-wave sample -- that's often what happens.

Remember, even Blur Busters doesn't always get first-wave samples.

It's not because they don't want to send me one. They just simply run out after hand-manufacturing 20 or 50 or 100 or 500 samples. There are a zillion worthy recipients worldwide. They can't make too many prototypes/samples at first. Sometimes there's a long 1-month run time between the vendor and the factory in small-batch prototype runs.

(P.S. I don't mass-test monitors but I invent new tests for other reviewers -- so I tend to be different from other reviewers -- however, I do get samples which I quickly take advantage of to invent new tests)

Patience rules the day. Be classy.
kurtextrem wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 07:41
If you are, please kindly leave the forum and the scene.
Nonwithstanding the above, there's also a reminder about the "Be Nice" forum rule which this reply is contrary to.

At the same time, I also don't want sampling/seeding politics to infect plain good-old-fashioned geek debate worthy of Blur Busters Forums.

Everyone involved in that debate,

The nonconstructive posts in the original 8000 Hz thread in the Input Latency forum have been moved to this locked OffTopic thread.

We are all 100% geeks and want to just talk 100% tech without "sampling politics" or "seeding politics" (offtopic debate about companies giving out free samples to writers/reviewers/influencers/developer). Be classy about it. OK?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

schizobeyondpills

[Split Off From HD Mouse Extensions API Thread]

Post by schizobeyondpills » 04 Dec 2020, 21:18

O_O wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 05:11
O_O wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 05:11
please stop measuring sub nanosecond cycles of digital circuits made of 8billion transistors with a message box and what syscall did u measure?! xD

theres at least 10 ways combined to do it properly. somehow u missed them all.

either do it properly by measuring the actual path and method of api we are trying to replace stage by stage and with precise tooling and environment (not on a laptop xdddd) (vtune???) or dont post messageboxes and twitter screencaps. i feel insulted and hurt mentally violated since i got unbanned to and checked this thread to see your messagebox worse than toilet paper pseudonapkin math measures.

2. reason about it properly. your cpu doesnt have 3ghz or 5ghz just dedicated for mouse does it? for high frame rates above 240hz and with 8000hz you only are left with 1% of those cycles especially with other devices causing interrupts and ofc multicore games utilizing all of them. perspective matters because those ns cause microstutters 8000 times. if u actually had any clue how to profile and probe entire real time system accurately you wouldve known.

3. stick to writing firmware in oneliner C for $5 chineese sensors, its clear from your presentation of data using messagebox you are unexperienced in ultra low latency programming and proper analysis for performance. you do understand basic asm but not 3 levels deep which is what you need to be hardcore realtime.

i was going to return from my vacation and post actual useful benches and analysis however seeing you with messagebox measures and chief continous banning i think ill peace out of this childrens safespace

[Moderator Edit: NDA violation removed, please see PM. Also, another 1-week ban has been given to schizobeyondpills for continued abrasiveness/rudeness to multiple forum members. Even if you are right in any elements, please be cordial about presenting facts. Please see forum rules for more information]