I keep getting logged out immediately after logging in?

Forum registration problems? Need help with creating a post? Want to send suggestions of improvements to Blur Busters Forums? Tell us here!
BTRY B 529th FA BN

I keep getting logged out immediately after logging in?

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 12 Feb 2021, 12:49

As the title says I keep getting logged out immediately after logging in. Using the latest Firefox, No Script temporarily disabled for this page, standard privacy options.. immediate log out, ???

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: I keep getting logged out immediately after logging in?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Feb 2021, 20:44

BTRY B 529th FA BN wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 12:49
As the title says I keep getting logged out immediately after logging in. Using the latest Firefox, No Script temporarily disabled for this page, standard privacy options.. immediate log out, ???
Thanks for the report.
I'm currently investigating why this is happening -- stand by.

Blur Busters websites have been going undergoing upgrades (www.blurbusters.com top-bar redesign & capacity improvements), and I think I know what is causing the problem.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Feb 2021, 20:54

Please try again, see how it works.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 12 Feb 2021, 22:12

Hmm, just tried to post and i hit submit, now another reply window popped up ..

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 12 Feb 2021, 22:14

I'm not logged out, though

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 13 Feb 2021, 06:24

Had the same yesterday. By now it seems fixed, thanx :) .

If you don't mind as is a similar problem, normaly, when logging in, even if i click the "remember me" (or something like that xD ) it just remember me for 1 day (pretty sure is 24h), not sure if it can be related to that i open the bookmark i have on "search.php?search_id=egosearch" (mine has a lot of numbers after that but don't think this is the problem). Also, on the login form i get there, even if i put correctly name and password it always tell me the form was invalid and on the second try it does work, not too important but a bit annoying :D .
Maybe it is suposed to have you logged in just 24h, but if not, i would appreciate if you could take a look :) .

Thanks anyway ;) .

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 13 Feb 2021, 08:18

I think the 'Quick Reply' has this weird little bug. Right now I'm trying to post in the Quick Reply window and when I hit Submit, it brings me to, I think, the 'Post Reply' window.

EDIT: Opps, nope I'm wrong, that's fixed, yay!

disq

Post by disq » 13 Feb 2021, 12:55

I also has this problem yesterday.

It seems fixed now but since then there are some icons missing:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (42.02 KiB) Viewed 35628 times
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (56.81 KiB) Viewed 35628 times
Untitled3.png
Untitled3.png (65.61 KiB) Viewed 35628 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Feb 2021, 14:18

Thanks for the catch.

Working on these now.
[UPDATE: Fixed!]

Blur Busters capacity has been upgraded to CDN *all* websites (Forums, TestUFO, main, etc) to accomodate more traffic. phpbb has some weirdnesses with CDNs but many of the CDNs are great at helping prevent DDoS/hacker attacks (that overload phpbb) which has had been a recurring problem. In addition, tricks such as minification/compression/inlining has now been done to greatly reduce the number of browser requests to load all the Blur Busters pages.

Thanks for helping me fix glitches from the upgrades. Appreciated!

Overseas Visitors: Comments on performance?

People in Oceania, Russla, Europe, Asia, etc. should notice Forums running a little bit faster (I hope) -- pages fully loading sooner. I'd love to hear comments from people over the oceans how the forums is performing.

Blur Busters is a Canadian biz running the dedicated web servers in the USA (main traffic centre). But now more than 50% of traffic comes from overseas. For more than half of the URLs, traffic from Asia combined now exceed traffic from North America combined. This pushed the need for overseas performance upgrades.

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 14 Feb 2021, 10:42

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 14:18
Overseas Visitors: Comments on performance?
Here, from Europe, can't remember if it was slow, but now is really fast loading, almost instantly :) .