Ad in a way of navigation [FIXED]

Forum registration problems? Need help with creating a post? Want to send suggestions of improvements to Blur Busters Forums? Tell us here!
Blurrrr

Ad in a way of navigation [FIXED]

Post by Blurrrr » 17 Feb 2021, 07:27

This is how the forum looks like on iPad Pro :/

PS
I can’t add images or URL? Ehm that’s annoying

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Ad in a way of navigation [FIXED]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Feb 2021, 16:18

Blurrrr wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 07:27
PS I can’t add images or URL? Ehm that’s annoying
Once a forum member reaches about 3 to 5 posts, they can post immediately (and post links/images).

I checked your account, it seems the forums has decided to let you post links/images in your next post.

Moderation Queue (and no images/links) is necessary for the first few posts. This is because of spammers/bots/etc -- some of them use AI to bypass spam filters with legitimate looking posts -- and then retroactively edit them to add links/ads.

Some of these spammer accounts stay dormant for months until suddenly having spammy ads in place of formerly legit-looking posts. We hate that **** more. If Forums gets a superior spam filter that can get ahead of the cat-and-mouse game, we'll lift some of the restrictions -- but for now we're stuck with this at the moment.
Blurrrr wrote:

Fixing now. Thanks for the report. I use smaller iPads to test the forums, but this is a good catch.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Feb 2021, 19:44

Blurrrr wrote:
Try again.

It should be fixed now!

Ain't web standards fun -- Chrome and Safari handled the same HTML somewhat differently.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Blurrrr

Post by Blurrrr » 18 Feb 2021, 03:49

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 19:44
Blurrrr wrote:
Try again.

It should be fixed now!

Ain't web standards fun -- Chrome and Safari handled the same HTML somewhat differently.
Looks good :-)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Feb 2021, 18:37

Blurrrr wrote:
18 Feb 2021, 03:49
Looks good :-)
Thanks for the feedback!

You can zoom in/out a little bit and then refresh the page, if you want to see more of the ad (zoom smaller), or hide the ad completely (zoom bigger).

Blurrrr

Post by Blurrrr » 25 Feb 2021, 04:19

You can’t zoom out a website on iOS/iPadOS.
This is how the forum looks like in normal screen (ofc you can make it smaller by adding another window on iPad).

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Feb 2021, 00:03

Blurrrr wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 04:19
You can’t zoom out a website on iOS/iPadOS.
This is how the forum looks like in normal screen (ofc you can make it smaller by adding another window on iPad).
On my iPad, I can zoom websites with the "aA" icon at the left edge of the browser bar.

This makes Blur Busters forums text bigger.

It just may mean you need to reload the page to re-fix the ads at the new zoom level. But all Blur Busters websites work great at all iPad zoom settings.

I didn't know your iPad Pro can't do this?

No wonder Blur Busters Forums worked fine on my iPad but malfunctioned on your iPad pro... I don’t have an iPad pro. Or is your iOS too old a version to support browser zooming?

Below: Animated PNG (animation may glitch, but it still relays my iPad browser zoom feature)
4A6BF05F-420C-47BA-9CE3-AF4207960008.png
4A6BF05F-420C-47BA-9CE3-AF4207960008.png (1.82 MiB) Viewed 37657 times

Blurrrr

Post by Blurrrr » 26 Feb 2021, 05:01

omg you are 100% right! I totally forgot about that zoom ;-) (I never used it)