[Fixed] Bug: middle-click opens topics in current tab too

Forum registration problems? Need help with creating a post? Want to send suggestions of improvements to Blur Busters Forums? Tell us here!
RealNC
Site Admin

[Fixed] Bug: middle-click opens topics in current tab too

Post by RealNC » 01 Jan 2014, 01:57

Hello.

This forum seems to have a strange bug that I don't get anywhere else (not just other phpbb forums, but any site in general.) When I middle-click on a topic title in order to open the link in a new tab, the topic also opens in the current tab. The same thing happens when I hold down "Ctrl" and left-click.

I'm using Chromium 31.0.1650.63 (238485) on Linux.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

sharknice

Re: Bug: middle-click opens topics in current tab too

Post by sharknice » 01 Jan 2014, 03:35

RealNC wrote:Hello.

This forum seems to have a strange bug that I don't get anywhere else (not just other phpbb forums, but any site in general.) When I middle-click on a topic title in order to open the link in a new tab, the topic also opens in the current tab. The same thing happens when I hold down "Ctrl" and left-click.

I tried it on chrome for windows and it happens too. It doesn't happen in Opera 12 though.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Bug: middle-click opens topics in current tab too

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Jan 2014, 18:52

RealNC wrote:Hello.

I've found the cause of the problem.

It's a side effect of a Blur Busters enhancement that allows you to click anywhere on a highlighted topic/thread to open the thread. I know how to fix this; I'll devote some coding time to this, during this weekend.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: [Fixed] Bug: middle-click opens topics in current tab to

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Jan 2014, 02:58

This bug is now fixed!

Had to add a custom JavaScript onClick handler to pull it off.

I like the ability to click anywhere in a row (even the blank space), and it's more touch-screen browser friendly.
Now it doesn't break shift-click, or middle-button-click.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: [Fixed] Bug: middle-click opens topics in current tab to

Post by RealNC » 05 Jan 2014, 07:12

Thanks!
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.