Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

G-Sync and ULMB at the same time is in fact possible!

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.

Re: G-Sync and ULMB at the same time is in fact possible!

Postby RealNC » 07 May 2018, 04:04

Vipu wrote:I followed those steps but cant get it to work, without CRU.

Try with CRU. Follow the 9 steps described two posts below the linked one.
TwitterSteamGitHubStack Overflow

The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.
RealNC

Postby Vipu » 07 May 2018, 04:30

RealNC wrote:
Vipu wrote:I followed those steps but cant get it to work, without CRU.

Try with CRU. Follow the 9 steps described two posts below the linked one.

Ok I got it to work with +1 VT
Didnt take long to test and see this is not so good sadly, the flicker is just too much even if fps changes just 1fps.
Hopefully someday its possible to have gsync and ulmb at the same time without so much flicker because damn the few seconds it was normal it was so clear and smooth.
Vipu

Postby RealNC » 07 May 2018, 05:04

Vipu wrote:Ok I got it to work with +1 VT

It's been a while since I last tried it. You're right. It doesn't work with +5 anymore, but does with +1. I edited my post.

Vipu wrote:Didnt take long to test and see this is not so good sadly, the flicker is just too much even if fps changes just 1fps.
Hopefully someday its possible to have gsync and ulmb at the same time without so much flicker because damn the few seconds it was normal it was so clear and smooth.

Yep. It needs rock-stable frame times. RTSS is pretty much required to have a chance of it looking remotely useful. In-game limiters don't work too well.
TwitterSteamGitHubStack Overflow

The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.
RealNC

Postby Kheri » 12 Oct 2018, 17:00

I'm not sure what allows G-Sync and ULMB to be on at the same time. Firmware options?

Is there any chance the Acer Predator Z1 (Z301C Tbmiphzx) can utilize G-Sync and ULMB at the same time? (It's an ultrawide that can run 120hz ULMB). And since I'm talking about it now, how much of a problem can a VA panel panel (smearing, blur), I've only seen reviews Predator Z35; I imagine they'd be similar. Perhaps black-to-grey response times don't matter much. Pretty sure the ghosting and smearing will be too much.
Kheri

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 16 Oct 2018, 14:57

Kheri wrote:I'm not sure what allows G-Sync and ULMB to be on at the same time. Firmware options?

A firmware quirk or bug or intentional easter egg that only gets triggered via a Custom Modified Resolution as the obscure "trigger".

You know, getting your hands dirty with Custom Resolution Utilities -- and modifying the video signal in a beind-the-scenes way, such as Porches, Sync, and Vertical Totals.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Eliminating Motion Blur — LightBoost / ULMB / ELMB / DyAc