LG OLED CX 120Hz BFI

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
flaviowolff

Re: LG OLED CX 120Hz BFI

Post by flaviowolff » 15 Sep 2021, 06:19

Hello, I have a quick question.
If I want to use OLED Motion Pro on High for 120hz gaming, I understand that I should keep my framerates on 120fps. But, as I also use gsync, I tend to cap it at 117fps. Would it make much of a theoretical difference?
I will test it later, but it's always good to hear your opinions.
Ty!

RonsonPL

Post by RonsonPL » 15 Sep 2021, 17:40

I might be wrong, but I think OLED TVs don't support low persistence modes when Variable refresh rate feature is enabled.

If I'm right, you'll need exactly 120fps for the motion clarity to be good.
I don't know much about TVs, but hopefully you can make it work at 100Hz too, and this would surely help with games which won't hold 120fps unless you use a liquid nitrogen cooling and spend months on finding the best CPU and RAM in the world (and hire PROs to set it up for you so you can play for 2 minutes ;) )

flaviowolff

Post by flaviowolff » 16 Sep 2021, 06:17

RonsonPL wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 17:40
I might be wrong, but I think OLED TVs don't support low persistence modes when Variable refresh rate feature is enabled.

If I'm right, you'll need exactly 120fps for the motion clarity to be good.
I don't know much about TVs, but hopefully you can make it work at 100Hz too, and this would surely help with games which won't hold 120fps unless you use a liquid nitrogen cooling and spend months on finding the best CPU and RAM in the world (and hire PROs to set it up for you so you can play for 2 minutes ;) )
:D

Good point. VRR should be disabled, thus I don't need the -3fps cap, maybe only the -0.007fps cap for low lag vsync, which wouldn't ruin the low persistance mode, right?
As for the games, I'm talking about old games, for sure, which can hold steady 120 100% of the time.
Thanks

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Sep 2021, 12:05

flaviowolff wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 06:17
Good point. VRR should be disabled, thus I don't need the -3fps cap, maybe only the -0.007fps cap for low lag vsync, which wouldn't ruin the low persistance mode, right?
It would actually benefit the low persistence mode.

But you may want to try something superior (albiet slightly harder to adjust), RTSS Scanline Sync or the new Special K clone of it, which can achieve perfect framerate=Hz at low latencies without tearing and stutter.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors