Moving from CRT to Eizo FG2421 [EIZO's strobed monitor]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
spacediver

Re: Moving from CRT to Eizo FG2421 [EIZO's strobed monitor]

Post by spacediver » 05 Jan 2014, 15:52

Have you considered trolling your local postings for 19 inch or 21 inch CRTs?

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 05 Jan 2014, 16:54

rapt0r wrote:Thank you to all that replied,
I know the number 2 things that I am most sensitive to is input lag and motion clarity. Gamma/colour uniformity bothers me to some extent also so it will be extremely difficult to accept anything less than perfect.
EIZO's 240Hz model has biggest input lag along lmost all modern 144hz monitors and at same time best colors :)

Vega

Post by Vega » 06 Jan 2014, 06:06

Playing some "Outlast" game in the dark. The Eizo's blacks and contrast make dark games amazing. Like when night vision is on, I can barely even tell where the screen borders are in the dark.

mmmu

Post by mmmu » 06 Jan 2014, 06:26

Beautiful. Think I'm ordering this bad boy now. Btw, how long was the Displayport -cable that came with the package? Need to check if I need to buy a longer one ready for this.

Edit: Ordered :ugeek:

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 06 Jan 2014, 07:21

I read that clouding is an issue with this monitor (well, considering the price anyway) compared to other (even cheaper) VA panels. Is there clouding in yours?

I was actually considering this monitor (before I decided to wait for G-Sync) but the missing pivot function drove me off. For the price they sell this thing, missing pivot almost borders on impudence... And they're even marketing it as a gaming monitor and yet no pivot? Pivot is a must for Pinball games and MAME (unless you want half your screen to be unused.)
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Vega

Post by Vega » 06 Jan 2014, 18:10

It has your standard short 5-6 foot DP cable like pretty much every other monitor. Way too short for me.

What do you mean by clouding? Crosshatch? Mine has just a tiny bit, only really visible and light backgrounds and searching for it.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 07 Jan 2014, 02:31

Vega wrote:What do you mean by clouding? Crosshatch? Mine has just a tiny bit, only really visible and light backgrounds and searching for it.
I mean the picture near the bottom of this review:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php? ... 1383107475

For a display of that price, this kind of result isn't really acceptable IMO.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Jan 2014, 12:16

RealNC wrote:Crosshatch? Mine has just a tiny bit, only really visible and light backgrounds and searching for it.
I can't see the crosshatch at all on my unit, from arm's length viewing distance. I have to lean forward only eight inches away, to see it extremely faintly only in certain colors. My units' crosshatch effect is fainter to my eyes than common LCD artifacts such as screendoor or inversion artifacts (www.testufo.com/inversion).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

mmmu

Post by mmmu » 08 Jan 2014, 13:51

Just received my FG2421 and initial impressions are positive. My unit is pixel perfect, has no notable lightbleed (for my taste, anyway) or clouding, and (haven't atleast noticed yet) any apparent crosshatching. Black levels are astounding, as has been said several times before. Turbo 240 works well making the test photo map easily readable, and has adequate brightness to boot as well.

Still fiddling with settings and colors, it'll take a few days to get used to a new monitor but there's really nothing worth complaining about so far.

Off to play Bioshock Infinite DLC, to test this baby out!

rapt0r

Post by rapt0r » 08 Jan 2014, 14:44

Wow Vega, those pics do look good, I was just on Outlast night, awesome game. I think people forget how much having deep inky blacks makes such a huge difference of immersion in a game.

Glad you got a good sample mmmu, that's encouraging.

Think I'm gonna be ordering in the next 2 weeks when I'm back home. 8-)

1 final thought I have is about pixel pitch, my current CRT is 0.24mm and I sit about about 50cm/20 inches away from the screen, the Eizo is 0.272mm and I roughly measured I would be sat around 80cm/32 inches away as it would sit farther back on my desk. Do you think the difference would be noticeable and/or would it make a difference in the image quality??

Cheers.