Really need help on my new monitor ViewSonic Elite XG270

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
evelynphan

Really need help on my new monitor ViewSonic Elite XG270

Post by evelynphan » 14 May 2022, 15:32

Hello, I'm new in here and first of all I'm really clueless about monitor world so I really need some help regarding my monitor.

I just bought a ViewSonic Elite XG270 monitor recently and I'm still confused when setting it up. I've read every thread about this monitor and still confused... I really want to know what's the best setting for this monitor especially for playing FPS games such as Valorant? :?

Fyi, previously I have found an old thread of someone recommended a best setting for playing FPS game in this monitor is to set PureXP to Off, OD to fastest, G-sync On, Refresh rate 224hz and FPS limiter at 220. I like to try this recommended setting but as I tried to change my refresh rate, I can't find any 224hz option on the OSD neither on the windows setting. So in the meantime I've tried follow above setting except the 224hz refresh rate (since I have no clue on how to change it, so I leave my refresh rate on 240hz) and after I tested it I found another issue especially when I scroll up and down any website with many texts on it the texts become so blurry and kind of glowing (
IMG_9773.MOV (1).mp4
(5.19 MiB) Downloaded 113 times
), but when I tried turn the G-sync to Off, it'll be just fine. Is it because I haven't change the refresh rate to 224hz as recommended or any reason why it becomes like that...? Anyway I really need a guidance to change this monitor to 224hz refresh rate because I really want to change it as everyone that using the same monitor really recommended this refresh rate.

Thanks a lot in advance! :D

RonsonPL

Re: Really need help on my new monitor ViewSonic Elite XG270

Post by RonsonPL » 15 May 2022, 05:50

I think you've posted in the wrong section. This sub-forum is for motion blur elimination.

Anyway, regarding your question - to get 224Hz you need to add custom resolution.
Googling your monitor model name and "how to enable 224hz" resulted in this popping up in the first link :D
viewtopic.php?t=7106#p53348

Personally, I'd prefer having clearer image in motion, which means PureXP or ClearXP (sorry, I don't have the monitor, so not sure how the strobing mode is called) and use that to have more fun from gaming, instead of shedding just a few miliseconds thanks to g-sync or having less teared image (v-sync off)

My preferred setting would then be
- the refresh rate as high as the LCD panel can handle while still showing clear image in fast motion (may be 144, maybe 224Hz, no idea about this model, look around here, this monitor was discussed a lot on Blurbusters forums)
- strobing mode enabled
- v-sync off for lower latency, which is important in games like CSGO and since this is a CSGO clone, I assume that's the same case
- maximum framerate you can achieve on your PC.

Even though I play at 144Hz, I still see more in motion with v-sync OFF and strobing enabled, compared to v-sync on and strobing disabled. With more Hz, the tearing is less visible, at least until you get a 8000Hz polling rate mouse and use that in a game which supports it. But since I don't have such a mouse, I cannot achieve perfect clarity in motion anyway, so v-sync off at 144Hz na 300-400fps, is not that big of a deal

But to each of their own, you'll have to decide what's best for you.