NVIDIA introduces DLSS3, interpolates frames, but is not v-sync compatible.

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
RonsonPL

Re: NVIDIA introduces DLSS3, interpolates frames, but is not v-sync compatible.

Post by RonsonPL » 12 Oct 2022, 10:24

There's some hope, but the mentioned issues, and the graphs, with very bad 1% lows values concern me.

What good is the added framerate if it dips below your refreshrate with v-sync.

So I'm worried, but hopeful.

blurfreeCRTGimp

Re: NVIDIA introduces DLSS3, interpolates frames, but is not v-sync compatible.

Post by blurfreeCRTGimp » 13 Oct 2022, 03:08

If you feedstock DLSS at 100fps, the latency to amplify 100->200+fps is very tiny (milliseconds), an order of magnitude less than television interpolation. This is BIG for some fans here who turn on interpolation with consoles -- because sometimes they have motionblur eyestrain.
Chief, shouldn't the latency be lower?

what has me bummed about DLSS3 is the lack of full engine integration that would solve most of the artifacting and latency penalty. I honestly feel like Oculus's ASW 2.0 has done better frame rate amplification than this since 2014. I'm actually stunned that DLSS3 isn't better precisely because of how much research Nvidia has done working in VR development. I feel like the work is already done to make DLSS3 better, they just have to apply what has been learned in VR. All the hooks for all the major engines are already in place for games to feed the optical flow generator more than enough data to avoid the issues seen in DF's video.