ULMB acting strange?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
lukeman3000

ULMB acting strange?

Post by lukeman3000 » 21 Jul 2014, 23:13

So I was playing around with ULMB on my desktop today and started dragging different windows back and forth across the screen (like Chrome, MS Pain, Excel, etc.)

Today I noticed that while dragging the windows back and forth, sometimes it will get very blurry and the window will seem extremely "jerky", and not feel like it's keeping up with my mouse movements very well.

I turned of ULMB and the same behavior exists although it's less noticeable. Maybe this is unrelated to ULMB altogether? The UFO test looks fine to me, by the way. It's just when dragging windows across my screen I get a sort of "stutter" if I drag at a certain speed (about 1/2 as fast as the tempo to "twinkle twinkle little star"... lol)

This also happens with a notepad window. It feels almost as if the OS is trying to predict my movements and is moving the window independently of my hand at times. My windows mouse sensitivity is set smack in the middle (for no acceleration, right?) and my razer deathadder's polling rate is set to 1000Hz.

Edit: I think I figured out the problem. I have my Panasonic 50" plasma hooked up to my 780Ti via HDMI and it was enabled in the nvidia control panel (I found this out because I was able to drag a window off the right of the screen). After disabling my tv, the stuttering issue seems to be resolved. Interesting.

flood

Re: ULMB acting strange?

Post by flood » 22 Jul 2014, 03:03

yup it's just due to window's desktop window manager/aero compositor.

by the way for windows mouse sensitivity, the slider in the middle means that windows does not scale the sensitivity.
acceleration is what you get when you enable "enhance pointer precision".