Viewsonic XG2431 Settings Help

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
OfficialStevenH

Viewsonic XG2431 Settings Help

Post by OfficialStevenH » 18 May 2023, 06:19

May I know which PureXP settings to use at @240hz ? I play mainly CSGO/Valorant.

is Response Time : Ultra Fast enough for these kind of games?

is Standard the only view mode that you can customize ?

Is there a way to save profile in OSD because I may need to change lot of settings depending on my needs like media consumption or playing AAA games.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Viewsonic XG2431 Settings Help

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 May 2023, 21:06

OfficialStevenH wrote:
18 May 2023, 06:19
May I know which PureXP settings to use at @240hz ? I play mainly CSGO/Valorant.
For 240Hz VSYNC OFF, good existing PureXP settings are already preprogrammed into the factory.

Choose your preferred brightness-vs-clarity tradeoff with Light, Normal, Extreme and Ultra. Try them all and see which setting you like the best. Brighter has slightly more strobe crosstalk.

If you're particularly picky, then Tuning PureXP Custom is an option especially if the panel has some variances. Though has biggest impact at lower refresh rates and QFT modes, which aren't factory-tuned modes.
OfficialStevenH wrote:
18 May 2023, 06:19
is Response Time : Ultra Fast enough for these kind of games?
is Standard the only view mode that you can customize ?
Is there a way to save profile in OSD because I may need to change lot of settings depending on my needs like media consumption or playing AA games.
If you need custom modes (e.g. better looking PureXP 60Hz for emulators, or 120Hz for low-framerate solo games), you can use Strobe Utility at www.blurbusters.com/xg2431
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Quajila

Post by Quajila » 21 Jan 2024, 19:37

When I turn on PureXP, the response time setting is grayed out. Does this disable the response time setting completely or is it still working in the background with PureXP being enabled?

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 23 Jan 2024, 14:55

Put the monitor on 120HZ and enable Pure XP Normal, you will now get a motion clarity a little better than 240HZ at 240 FPS, if you can get 240 FPS then don't use Pure XP there will be very little benefit and you won't be able to use VRR, and to get proper benefit you need to use Ultra mode which is too dark to be usable but it looks insanely good I Can tell you this.

NEVER use Pure XP with 240 HZ enabled always use half the amount which is 120HZ it looks far better, LCD never looks as good at max refresh rate when enabling Strobing compared to half refresh rate with strobing enabled.

The biggest benefit when using strobing is with 60 FPS locked games if you go to rtings website they have camera shots of their logo running at various refresh rate and you can see there is huge diminishing return at 120hz, 240hz and 360hz

When you look at the 60hz pursuit shots you can barely make out the rtings logo its near impossible even on OLED but as soon as strobing is turned on on a proper monitor like XG2431 with Pure XP Ultra suddenly 60hz image looks BETTER than 360HZ at 360 FPS.

According to Blur Buster Chief, this is because the XG2431 with Ultra Pure XP mode = 2400 HZ OLED monitor without BFI. Yes you heard correct 2400HZ and NOT 240HZ YES 2400HZ.

So this means all we need for us to die in peace is a monitor with GSYNC Pulsar and overclocked LED at 1000 nits to flash at 250nits

Honestly to get the quality of Pure XP Ultra at 200 nits you would probably need a monitor that can flash specialized LED at 2000 nits.

Let's hope to god that Chief manages to pull off something for us with the upcoming Blur Buster 2.0 monitors I am very excited its because of this guy I have come to the conclusion that life is worth living

While I did sell my XG2431 cause it was too dim and pure XP Ultra spoiled me it doesn't mean my life is over, life is still worth living because there is hope on the Horizon, what the XG2431 did prove to me was that perfection is possible by us mortal humans. I got a glimpse of perfection a glimpse of heaven when I saw the XG2431 in Ultra mode

Yes it was too dark and just a glimpse because it was unusable but I got to see what 60 FPS fighting games looks like at 2400 HZ, albeit some old school CRT 60HZ like flicker and 60 HZ input delay of early LCD 60hz at 16ms but I would deal with the 16ms delay which translates to 1 Frame of delay in fighting games anyday for that god like motion clarity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSEBMm9XTx0

^ Seeing Cammy's Abs in motion, crystal clear is worth any price for me.