Which 27" 1440p IPS with good strobed mode?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
RonsonPL

Which 27" 1440p IPS with good strobed mode?

Post by RonsonPL » 26 Jun 2023, 06:45

Hi

Please help my friend to choose something.

I have limited time, made some research but am far from final verdict. I didn't see any of the monitors in person, so can only rely on reviews and hopefully your input here.

Current candidates:

Acer Nitro XV272U KVbmiiprzx
LG 27GN800-B

LG is currently in the lead, althought there's a ton of possible flaws, as I've read on another sub-forum here, when typed the model into the search bar.

The LG has comfirmed USABLE strobed mode. That's why I am recommending this one to my friend.

Sadly, the LP range is abysmal. Just 120 to 144Hz.
But I can't find anything with low persistence (strobed) mode at even 100Hz, cause whatever I find, seems to have crappy implementation of LP mode.

The current PC will be a mid-range build, so it would be very useful to have 85Hz single strobed, or at least 100Hz. It's very difficult to keep the framerate above 120fps at all times in newer games.

If there's nothing better, my advice would be to get that LG 800 based on a mediocre LCD panel, and just wait till 2024-25 for a better choice, hopefully something with a Blurbustes 2.0 certificate.