Currently the best 1440p/27"/240hz monitor on the market?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
henrikkp

Currently the best 1440p/27"/240hz monitor on the market?

Post by henrikkp » 03 Jul 2023, 01:54

Hey everyone,

Was looking into getting a monitor upgrade with focus on eliminating motion blur; and there are a lot of options out there!
Checked the best monitor list on BLurBusters; however was unable to really figure out which one is "the current best"!

Required specs:

Monitor size: 27"
Resolution: 2560x1440p
Minimum refreshrate: 240hz

Any inputs on this?

Thanks a lot

mfk233

Re: Currently the best 1440p/27"/240hz monitor on the market?

Post by mfk233 » 23 Aug 2023, 10:59

I had the same question for the longest time.
I recently purchased the LG Oled 1440p/27inch but found it too dim for my lacking.(I sit by a window wall)
And since I work for 8+ hours a day, and then probably play the same game for an hour or so, I got really worried about burn-in.
Especially since I'd need to run it at its max brightness most of the time.

I ended up returning it since it didn't make sense to me to spend $1,000 and then have to baby a monitor.
I do miss the motion clarity though.

I have now ordered the new Asus TUF 260hz 1440p monitor that was announced in the spring of this year:

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Gaming-1440P-Monitor-VG27AQML1A/dp/B0BZR7WHXK

It is still in transit and I will report back.
The reason I picked it is because it has ELMB and I found that on my current Gigabye M27q (170hz/1440p), I do find the BFI clears up the motion quite a bit. It would be tough for me to move to a monitor that had no BFI.

Hope my musings help, and since the Asus is still in the return period, I would love to hear your thoughts on my purchase or whether I could have done better for the budget of around $400.

Ozzuneoj

Post by Ozzuneoj » 23 Aug 2023, 19:28

mfk233 wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 10:59
I recently purchased the LG Oled 1440p/27inch but found it too dim for my lacking.(I sit by a window wall)
And since I work for 8+ hours a day, and then probably play the same game for an hour or so, I got really worried about burn-in.

I ended up returning it since it didn't make sense to me to spend $1,000 and then have to baby a monitor.

I have now ordered the new Asus TUF 260hz 1440p monitor that was announced in the spring of this year:

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Gaming-1440 ... B0BZR7WHXK

The reason I picked it is because it has ELMB and I found that on my current Gigabye M27q (170hz/1440p), I do find the BFI clears up the motion quite a bit. It would be tough for me to move to a monitor that had no BFI.

Hope my musings help, and since the Asus is still in the return period, I would love to hear your thoughts on my purchase or whether I could have done better for the budget of around $400.
Wow, thank you for mentioning this monitor. This is the first I've heard of it, and there is almost no information out there about it yet.

Seems to be pretty close to what I'm looking for in this thread.

The two big questions I have:
Does it have a KSF phosphor backlight which causes red ghosting artifacts?

Is it RGB or BGR sub pixel layout?

... bonus questions: Are there any really irritating quirks or limitations? :)

cuhnkedri

Post by cuhnkedri » 26 Oct 2023, 02:32

mfk233 wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 10:59

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Gaming-1440 ... B0BZR7WHXKbasketball stars

This monitor is amazing, and I really appreciate you bringing it up. I've never heard of it before, and there's barely any data available about it at the moment.

This seems like it's getting near to the right direction in this topic.

My two primary concerns are as follows: (1) Does it use a KSF phosphor backlight, the presence of which is known to produce red ghosting artifacts? Which color space is used for the individual pixels—RGB or BGR?