Lightboost with 2 monitors issue

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Lumi

Lightboost with 2 monitors issue

Post by Lumi » 14 Aug 2014, 12:27

Hey there,

I just picked up an ASUS vg248qe. I have a 40" LED tv at 60HZ as my 2nd monitor. Ever since I got this monitor and got lightboost going. The second monitor's brightness has been diminished heavily. It's as if the second monitor has lightboost on, even when my ASUS one doesn't. (I only activate lightboost for games)

I'm not really sure what has gone on, and I've tried to uninstall lightboost for the 2nd monitor, but nothing has worked. Maybe one of you can help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Lightboost with 2 monitors issue

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Aug 2014, 09:32

I don't think LightBoost interfered here, but doing an adjustment possibly accidentally roughly at the same time as you enabled LightBoost.

Try these:
- picture adjustments?
- NVIDIA control panel adjustments?
- movie mode versus sports mode in TV menu?
- Motionflow modes, you may have enabled a TV-specific strobe mode like motionflow impulse
- Try connecting a different computer or DVD player to the TV, is brightness still diminished?

Failing the above, try:
- try single monitor temporarily?
- unplug and plug the TV.
- google for factory reset options for your TV
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!